Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 10:50 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,210,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutre View Post
It is time to demand justice for the Trayvons and the Rekias, not because it could have been one of our sons and daughters--it couldn't--but because it is simply the right thing to do.
Yeah, this is 2012 lets not have this go to trial...

Gods all seeing all knowing messengers Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have said he's guilty what more do we need?

I mean just look at this innocent fine young man:

http://classicalvalues.com/2012/03/he-is-not-one-of-us/

(can't post the actual picture, would violate the TOS)

Old 04-22-2012, 10:51 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,691,460 times
being nice about it,
well i think it is easy...honestly, i mean you can't deny its not even just a little bit easier.. just like being rich is easier than being poor, or being skinny is easier(for cultures that praises it). or being attractive is easier than being ugly..or being born with both parents maybe easier then a single parent home,or being born in a 1st world country is easier than a 3rd world... its nothing to be ashamed of , its not anyone fault you were born privileged in certain respects. i think you should be grateful really. its a good thing to be taken as an individual everywhere you go,can travel and live everywhere you want to, not be followed in stores,not be shot and killed by neighbors or police officers when grabbing your wallet,or when your pace maker alarm goes off (that actually happened a couple months ago), or be treated off your character and not what color you are etc..life is lottery and just be happy that you won.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The guns that kill most White people are fired by White hands.

We've all heard the stories of White kids and school shootings or families where murder suicides take place.

In most cases people who kill each other have some prior social connection.
r u attemping to compare white on white violence to black on black???
there is no comparison. jessie jackson says it best, one year of black on black violence is more dead than all the white lynchings in history.
when we stop dodging dirty laundry it will get better and not b4.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:03 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
being nice about it,
well i think it is easy...honestly, i mean you can't deny its not even just a little bit easier.. just like being rich is easier than being poor, or being skinny is easier(for cultures that praises it). or being attractive is easier than being ugly..or being born with both parents maybe easier then a single parent home,or being born in a 1st world country is easier than a 3rd world... its nothing to be ashamed of , its not anyone fault you were born privileged in certain respects. i think you should be grateful really. its a good thing to be taken as an individual everywhere you go,can travel and live everywhere you want to, not be followed in stores,not be shot and killed by neighbors or police officers when grabbing your wallet,or when your pace maker alarm goes off (that actually happened a couple months ago), or be treated off your character and not what color you are etc..life is lottery and just be happy that you won.
It's good to be aware of that privilege, though, and not take it for granted. Even do your part to dismantle some of the system based on White privilege. I like the Kennedys' approach; they felt an obligation to do what they could to help. Though that could be a bit paternalistic. Andrew Young is doing good work in economic empowerment of marginalized neighborhoods.

It's to everyone's benefit to have a stable society, with widespread opportunity for upward mobility. Otherwise you wind up with everyone living behind walls with private security, like in Latin America, and a plethora of far-left political parties, and a large percentage of the population scraping by, by selling gum and lottery tickets in the streets.

The economic system in the US has gotten too extreme, and grant and scholarship money for college education has dried up (this college loan business is very bad policy), and inner-city public schools have been abandoned. Though from what I hear, public education in some rural areas isn't much better. Education in this country in general has gone down the drain.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,623,521 times
Yes, go to school and get some WORTHLESS degrees, then you too can become a Diversity Officer. Job description, tell evil-ole-wh**ey how evil and horrific evil-ole-wh**ey is.......like they have not heard that line a million times before.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:19 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yes, go to school and get some WORTHLESS degrees, then you too can become a Diversity Officer. Job description, tell evil-ole-wh**ey how evil and horrific evil-ole-wh**ey is.......like they have not heard that line a million times before.
Go to school, get law degree to work on changing the system. Run for Congress after practicing law a few years. Get tech degrees for cushy tech jobs, where there's NO DISCRIMINATION because they need all the brain power they can get, they can't afford to discriminate! Get an engineering degree. Get an economics degree and work on Wall Street. Get a PhD and become a university professor.
Run for President of the US and A.

(Has anyone tried flagging the nastier racial comments on this thread? I did, but nothing happened. The moderation here is disturbingly lax.)

Old 04-23-2012, 01:20 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You might be familiar with this case it happened in DC this past week. A Rite Aid manager shot and paralyzed by a middle aged black thug during a robbery. The thug gave the manager two minutes to open the register counts to two and blast away.

So another life ruined by mayhem caused by Blacks. Nothing from Black leadership. I find it ironic that folks are complaining about security guards and cops defending themselves against black criminals having to use lethal force, when black criminals have destroyed countless more innocent lives.

Ricky Maurice Vinston arrested in shooting of Rite Aid employee (http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/dc/man-arrested-in-shooting-of-rite-aid-employee-042012 - broken link)
And you might interested in this bit of news. All too familiar with another case going on right now, with the exception that no firearms were used used. Or does this kind of attack not count because no one was killed or left disabled?

Md. neighborhood watch trial set against Fla. fury - Yahoo! News

Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,787,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If life is so really bad for Black people in the US: I'm sure a lot of them would move TO Africa where they'd be the "bosses" over the Africans looking at just Liberia
This is what I don't get.

Way back when, America needed people to do the manual labor. So the white British rounded up black people in Africa and brought them to the US against the will of these very black people, and hence "slavery" was born. It became a profitable business where you actually were able to "own" and "sell" slaves because they were "property". The "bosses" had a fear of slaves fleeing so the slaves were chained and guarded.

Here we are today, no longer in need of slaves, and now telling American black people, who would not be in America if their ancestors weren't brought to America and enslaved by the white man, to go back to Africa.

Quote:
[EdwardA;23976859]Is this the same white privilege that allows Africans to immigrate to America?
Really? Allowed to immigrate?? Is that how you see history?

Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,631,685 times
It amazes me that black people still hold this sick and twisted victim mentality even in 2012. I'm black and entirely sick of black people. Prime reason I don't want to live next to them! Keep blaming the whole world for their problems and killings but will never realize most crimes that happen to blacks happen by the hands of another black! And their still trying to claim it's the white man's fault?!

Martin Luther King would be turning in his grave at the state of black folks today. Isn't it sad and ironic how almost every street in America with his name on it is an African-American populated neighborhood full of crime and violence? I am done with this nonsense.

Last edited by allenk893; 04-23-2012 at 03:29 AM..

Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
This is what I don't get.

Way back when, America needed people to do the manual labor. So the white British rounded up black people in Africa and brought them to the US against the will of these very black people, and hence "slavery" was born. It became a profitable business where you actually were able to "own" and "sell" slaves because they were "property". The "bosses" had a fear of slaves fleeing so the slaves were chained and guarded.

Here we are today, no longer in need of slaves, and now telling American black people, who would not be in America if their ancestors weren't brought to America and enslaved by the white man, to go back to Africa.

Really? Allowed to immigrate?? Is that how you see history?
It's my history. It's quite clear you are pretty ignorant of the world and this very country if you have no knowledge of African immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies