Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 04:49 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times

Advertisements

If I wanted america to fail, I'd simply support the GOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 04:50 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Is this the same wingnut video that was posted yesterday? (can't see it, OP is on ignore)

If so, I can see it is making the rounds of wingnuttia....

Old 04-23-2012, 04:53 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
If I wanted america to fail, I'd simply support the GOP
Here we have the most intellegent, truest and best post of the year!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 04:55 PM

416 posts, read 637,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Looks like Obama's policies to me (as well as those who preceded him from Wilson forward).

Please watch and then discuss:

The scary part is the OP's statement "...from Wilson forward."

Let us return to the free-market era of pre-WWI and the robber barons.

Where our kids were not required to goto school instead they had to work, many before they were even teenagers, to keep food on the table.

Where no one had access to healthcare unless you could pay for it (for as good as it was back then even).

Where you had to work when the boss said or you'd lose your job (china or any 3rd world country anyone?)

Where you were never paid overtime.

Where you might get paid in credit to be used at the company store, to pay the company rent for the house they gave you, etc, etc

Where you might 12-16 hour days 6 days a week.

I could go on and on. Please let us return to those halcyon days of yore where men were men and you could go as far as you wanted so long as you had the ability do so.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:56 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Is this the same wingnut video that was posted yesterday? (can't see it, OP is on ignore)

If so, I can see it is making the rounds of wingnuttia....
Sure is. The right wing machine plants the propaganda, and their brainwashed sheep spread it like the obedient minions they are...

Old 04-23-2012, 04:57 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
So when the narrator of that video talks about how if he wanted America to fail he'd create phony markets selling dubious financial products, does he include mortgage backed securities, credit default swaps, etc. as being among those phony markets? Or the Fed and fiat money?

He probably considers all of those things to be legitimate.
He also probably considers war spending financed by money borrowed from countries who hate the US to be legitimate, too, and operating military bases in countries which can afford to pay for their own defense and which are not near international trouble spots.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
If I wanted America to fail, I would make pointless YouTube videos with scary music. I mean really, really scary music!!

Old 04-23-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehalo View Post
The scary part is the OP's statement "...from Wilson forward."

Let us return to the free-market era of pre-WWI and the robber barons.

Where our kids were not required to goto school instead they had to work, many before they were even teenagers, to keep food on the table.

Where no one had access to healthcare unless you could pay for it (for as good as it was back then even).

Where you had to work when the boss said or you'd lose your job (china or any 3rd world country anyone?)

Where you were never paid overtime.

Where you might get paid in credit to be used at the company store, to pay the company rent for the house they gave you, etc, etc

Where you might 12-16 hour days 6 days a week.

I could go on and on. Please let us return to those halcyon days of yore where men were men and you could go as far as you wanted so long as you had the ability do so.
While I'm not a fan of Wilson at all (because I am not a fan of racists, warmongers, and the Fed), he lowered tariffs from the high levels that McKinley had raised them to, which was good for American businesses. And the middle class was a relatively small minority of the US population, as was the case before and after his administration.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:07 PM

If I wanted America to fail, I'd resort to the time honored cause of the failure of every empire since at least Rome: high deficits caused by excessive military spending fueled by endless wars in the Middle East.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
If I wanted America to Fail......

i would outsource the work to countries that have corrupt communist leaders with millions of desperate impoverished people willing to work hard for 1 to 2 dallars a day.

i would spend billions of dollars fighting a drug war that can never be won that funds our enemies..

i would spend trilions of dollars fighting wars like iraq and afghanistan.

i would give huge tax breaks to big corp, and bang the little guy..

i would give billions of dollars to every family that has another baby that they cant afford.

i would have porus unsecure borders 24/7..

i would increase government employies with high salaries and big bonuses as fast as possible..

i would get people addicted to sporting events, celebrities,and bogus news stories, hence travon marting case,, to keep em stupid people in the fog about the real problems plagueing this country/world..

i would let big companies regulate themselves..

i would spend billions on a manned missions to mars..

i would do a massive trillion dollar porkulous printing every fiscal year

i would try to keep the national deficit at all time records and counting..

i would keep people in fear!!! terrorism, global warming..

i would start race wars via lamestrem media at every chance i could get..

i would cut massive spending on education.

i would vote for greedy big ego brainless individuals to run all facets of government..

i would sell high tech weapons to communist countries..

feel free to add to the list if you want to see a country go down the chit can!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies