Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:49 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,139,326 times

Advertisements

Why do right wingers like to play the victim card?

Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,139,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It is the symmetrical equivalent of righties making false denials of racism.
Rascism certainly exists but it's not a white only thing, it's rare for anyone othe than white person to be accused of racism at least publically and in the media . The Zimmerman case is being held as an example of racism by many but a white man is more likely to be killed by black man by about 3:1 margin and that's a startling figure since blacks make up such small part of the population. If anybody should be crying racism over interracial murders it's white people but if they did they would be called racists themselves.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,139,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The so-called left can not help it. They are trained this way from an early age. It's not that they are bad folks and hurl useless and politically correct accusations of racism...on purpose...or with evil intent. The left are slightly dangerous that way- because they actually think they are doing the right thing. This makes them hard to deal with. How do you explain to some one on the left that they are not right?

Impossible. Once you institute a way of thinking though our educational institutions and media...all progress comes to a halt. Institutionalization characteristically - generates "I know ever thing about every thing" state of mind...and the learning and progression stops..They are very similar to Christian fundamentalists that grasp one concept and hold on to it for dear life..It takes courage to think.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Here's one you can understand.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Nothing chaps my chapter worse than being accused of being a racist,
I feel the same way about crybaby hypocrites
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
There is still an underlying racist stratification in modern progressivism, as there was in the progressivism of the early 20th century.

They view themselves as superior. And racism is, and always has been, part and parcel of that. Thanks to Rush Limbaugh for pointing it out on his show today. .

Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,103,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Rascism certainly exists but it's not a white only thing, it's rare for anyone othe than white person to be accused of racism at least publically and in the media.
It may shock you to discover that there are contingent historical reasons for that.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,971,267 times
Ok, this must be the 99th time I have seen this same claim. On a general level all one has to do is look at who backs which Party, as the right loves to do with the Left. Anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together can see that racist groups almost always back the Republicans. Shockig ain't it
As for the issue when it comes to this site I will ask the simple question of who is it that posts thread after thread on race that tend to lean towards the raicism slant? It is not the Lefties. I would also point out that when this same subject has been brought up in the past I, and several other posters, have asked that if this is so common as claimed then why when asked to show the posts that do call people racist without the person having made any racist comments, they never can. So, I will ask the question again, show where people are calling others racists when they have made no racist comments to back up the claim? If it is so common as you claim you shoul be able to produce a dozen cases without any real effort.
Personally I believe this entire claim to be a false claim, meaning it is propaganda intended to get people to believe something that is not true.
As far as I am concerned, if you do not make racist comments, I wll not label you as a racist, if you do, then don't whine when I and others correctly label you as such. It is real simple, even simple enough for the racists here to understand.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:02 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,336,802 times
Lefties hurl the race card and nasty labels about the right because they have no viable arguments for their illogical stances.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ok, this must be the 99th time I have seen this same claim. On a general level all one has to do is look at who backs which Party, as the right loves to do with the Left. Anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together can see that racist groups almost always back the Republicans. Shockig ain't it
As for the issue when it comes to this site I will ask the simple question of who is it that posts thread after thread on race that tend to lean towards the raicism slant? It is not the Lefties. I would also point out that when this same subject has been brought up in the past I, and several other posters, have asked that if this is so common as claimed then why when asked to show the posts that do call people racist without the person having made any racist comments, they never can. So, I will ask the question again, show where people are calling others racists when they have made no racist comments to back up the claim? If it is so common as you claim you shoul be able to produce a dozen cases without any real effort.
Personally I believe this entire claim to be a false claim, meaning it is propaganda intended to get people to believe something that is not true.
As far as I am concerned, if you do not make racist comments, I wll not label you as a racist, if you do, then don't whine when I and others correctly label you as such. It is real simple, even simple enough for the racists here to understand.
It's like David Duke crying about being labeled a racist and blaming it on political correctness.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,139,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It may shock you to discover that there are contingent historical reasons for that.
Are you going to use the past as a crutch forever? The longer slavery and other injustices perpetrated onto the black population is used as an excuse you'll never get over racism and that applies to both races. Those things need to be acknowledged in a historical context but they have no part in a discussion about the present.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,481,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
...that when TSHTF they will somehow escape harm.
What sh*t hitting what fan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies