Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:59 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,092,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Perhaps it should have been, but you failed.
That's not my problem if you failed to understand it, it's concise and without ambiguity. My guess is you fully understood exactly what I was saying and now you're just choosing to divert the conversation since I'm right.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,131,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, let me get this straight, the Left are using it as a tool to dismiss the other guy and because they have been sold a lie and yet from your own post you dismiss them because as you claim they have been sold a lie.
The two posters I quoted had voiced their agreement that conservatives, as a whole, are racists.

Yes, I dismiss those sentiments outright. You don't? I see that the purchasing power of a large group hasn't escaped you.

Quote:
I bet you see nothing wrong with what you posted
Of course not, or I wouldn't have posted it.

Quote:
come on try using the grey matter between your ears for just a second, then maybe you will get it.
Pot, meet kettle...

Quote:
Oh, one question, what will of what half are you talking about? If you are going to make statements, at least be specific and back it up with some facts, those are always nice to have, cuts to the chase and then real discussion can take place.
Seriously? You really didn't understand that? Have another bowl of Wheaties and then try reading it again. While doing so, keep in mind that the basis of this thread is what liberals think about conservatives - iow, it's specifically a left/right thing.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:05 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
ermmm, ask any African American if they want to go back to the 50's. It wasn't exactly a shining example of equality.
No, it was not. That makes it even more amazing that much of urban black America was better off in the Jim Crow era. The plight of urban black America is primarily due to 50 years of liberalism.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:13 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,091,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's not my problem if you failed to understand it, it's concise and without ambiguity.
Actually, it's always at least partly the fault of the person speaking if they're not understood. But that's not the issue here.

The issue was neither your clarity or your ambiguity... it had to do with the fact that the question you asked was first and foremost a red herring. It had essentially nothing to do with the actual discussion underway.

Returned to its rightful place among the pantheon of simple questions, the answer you got was direct, factual, specific and so unassailably true that rather than challenge its truthfulness, you layered onto your red herring a straw man... making it a bizarre hybrid of logical fallacies that as far as I can tell is a favorite of people trying desperately to replace an embarrassing moment with a distracting thread jack.

This post will be the last one in which I play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman
My guess is you fully understood exactly what I was saying and now you're just choosing to divert the conversation since I'm right.
Hey... I was willing to let it go with a single line several posts ago. You are the one perseverating.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The two posters I quoted had voiced their agreement that conservatives, as a whole, are racists.

Yes, I dismiss those sentiments outright. You don't? I see that the purchasing power of a large group hasn't escaped you.

Of course not, or I wouldn't have posted it.

Pot, meet kettle...

Seriously? You really didn't understand that? Have another bowl of Wheaties and then try reading it again. While doing so, keep in mind that the basis of this thread is what liberals think about conservatives - iow, it's specifically a left/right thing.
Some see it that way, I do not, but the reality is that racists do tend to lean to the right, hence their support and the fact that most of those that make racist comments and post racist threads here are righties. So, your point is what?

I thought as much, it is the difference between us, I do use the grey matter and you see no problem not doing so, to each their own, always do what you are best at.

No, it was a general statement and I asked you to be specific and your answer was to eat more Wheaties and then tried deflecting away from your own comment and saying it is not part of the topic, I bet you see nothing wrong with that either.

But don't worry I get it, you are not here to discuss anything or answer any questions, just as no one has been able to answer my request to show some examples of your claims. In other words you are simply trolling and not here to discuss squat, no problem, I will simply skip over your "stuff" in the future and you can continue with whatever it is you are doing.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, it was not. That makes it even more amazing that much of urban black America was better off in the Jim Crow era. The plight of urban black America is primarily due to 50 years of liberalism.
WTF? Really, you might want to ask some of our Black posters here if they believe that is true or if someone here is very very confused. I bet you think that some Blacks even prefered slavery over freedom, I really do not understand where some of you people get this stuff, have you lost all ability to think rationally?
Jeeeez I have got to get off this topic before I say what I am really thinking of this "stuff" and those that spread it. I will leave it to someone that is less disgusted by what I am seeing here. Every time I think mankind is progessing I see threads such as this that prove that evolution can and does work in reverse.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,092,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Actually, it's always at least partly the fault of the person speaking if they're not understood. But that's not the issue here.

The issue was neither your clarity or your ambiguity...

So now you're going to move the goalposts? First I failed to be clear but now you're going to make the augment it was Red Herring? Having said that I doubt anyone else is having any problems understanding what I wrote.

Quote:
it had to do with the fact that the question you asked was first and foremost a red herring. It had essentially nothing to do with the actual discussion underway.
When I smell BS I'm going to call it, you tried to use the past as a crutch to counter my argument and that is the bottom line. As long as people like yourself continue to use the past as an excuse for problems within the black community in the present the black community will never move forward.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,076,276 times
Quote:
You're using this as an example of racism, what exactly does that mean to you? Getting people off of welfare is somehow racist?

This I have to hear.
why does he assume all blacks are on welfare? Why doesn't he mention whites instead of blacks.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,091,534 times
Quote:
So now you're going to move the goalposts?
Never. I am bringing them back to where they originally stood.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:07 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,076,276 times
I'll say it again, republicans open themselves for it all the time. We don't need to hurl false accusations, the republicans simply do it by opening their mouths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies