Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:21 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,114,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Are you going to use the past as a crutch forever?
Acknowledging history and using it as a crutch are two different things

Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,314,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Feh, it just give solid proof of the victim mentality that permiates the right wing.

The darkies are coming to gitcha, lock up your daughters.
These righties call Obama a watermelon eating monkey, say that Blacks are attacking Whites and Hispanics are invading America, yet they cry like little girls when they get called racist.

For a group that promotes social darwinism they sure act cowardly. They'd get eaten up in the wild.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,983,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Because it's an effective tool for shutting down their political opponents. People want to believe the worst about other people who have differing opinions, and racism is an easy sell. It allows a person to dismiss their opponent without having to give any consideration whatsoever to their position or argument. It's a perfect diversion.

I rest my case. These two have been sold a lie, and they happily bought the lie so that they could feel good about ignoring the will of more than half of the population of the United States.
So, let me get this straight, the Left are using it as a tool to dismiss the other guy and because they have been sold a lie and yet from your own post you dismiss them because as you claim they have been sold a lie. I bet you see nothing wrong with what you posted, come on try using the grey matter between your ears for just a second, then maybe you will get it.
Oh, one question, what will of what half are you talking about? If you are going to make statements, at least be specific and back it up with some facts, those are always nice to have, cuts to the chase and then real discussion can take place.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,484,743 times
Quote:
Feh, it just give solid proof of the victim mentality that permiates the right wing.

The darkies are coming to gitcha, lock up your daughters.
Well what do you think these girls do when they go to college? lol.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,314,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Well what do you think these girls do when they go to college? lol.
You mean like Sarah Palin,

LOL

Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,185,494 times
Quote:
ermmm, ask any African American if they want to go back to the 50's. It wasn't exactly a shining example of equality.
True about the inequality but that wasn't the point, liberal policies have destroyed what were once vibrant black communities.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,185,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Acknowledging history and using it as a crutch are two different things
Exactly and that should be quite clear from my post but you tried to use it as a crutch.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:46 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,150,109 times
Quote:
True about the inequality but that wasn't the point, liberal policies have destroyed what were once vibrant black communities.

Bovine excrement.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 AM

52,972 posts, read 34,809,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Nothing chaps my chapter worse than being accused of being a racist, as I recently was by a troll poster. It came up in connection with the case of Zimmerman-Martin. Quoth the troll poster: "It just kills you that Zimmerman is considered white," i.e. you are a white supremacist. But it does no such thing. As far as the Zimmerman and Martin, what I see are two fellow US citizens. If Martin was shot in cold blood then I want justice served and Zimmerman locked away. If it was self-defense then I want Zimmmerman exonerated. At this point I really don't know which it is. That's why we have lawyers, trials, and judges.

But it does highlight the question, why do lefties so often falsely cry racism. I could cite dozens of examples but I will limit myself to three. Spencer Ackerman, lefty pundit is the first. In 2008 some lefty journalists were discussing how to respond to the news stories about Rev. Wright. Pick some random conservatives (Fred Barnes was his suggestion) and "call them racist" was the preferred strategy from Ackerman.
Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller

Another example is the 'top 10 racist quotes' of Rush Limbaugh. These were widely distributed on lefty blogs a couple years ago. Only one problem--a bunch of the quotes were made up. Snopes.com debunked it. Limbaugh had a great show last week where he spent over an hour answering the questions of a high school student about media and racism. Limbaugh stated that no one who knew him had ever insinuated that he was a racist. Only lefties seeking to score political points had made that insinuation.

A third example is Mary Frances Berry, who was civil rights commish under Pres. Bill Clinton. She said:
Mary Frances Berry's response to 'Contracting out U.S. security? And will branding tea party 'racist' work?' - The Arena | POLITICO.COM

I could come up with many more examples but that's enough. Why do lefties so often falsely accuse of racism?
you've already explained 'why' pretty well with those quotes. they do it to p1ss you off, and it worked.

let's see what another racism!-shouter has to say:

“We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works.”

- Alfredo Gutierrez

Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,114,293 times
Quote:
Exactly and that should be quite clear from my post but you tried to use it as a crutch.
Perhaps it should have been, but you failed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies