Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:09 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

So if somebody can't whiz while somebody is standing next to em the lawsuits will start flying. Anybody wonder why doing business in the US is so gdam difficult anymore?? The insanity marches on..............

"The Association alleges that thousands of people who are afflicted by paruresis have been unfairly fired because of their inability to urinate in a public restroom during random drug screening tests.
And while the EEOC suggests that providing alternative drug-testing methods is one way to accommodate these sufferers, the next frontier could be the claim that they are entitled to pee in privacy during the normal course of daily work.
If every employer large enough to be subject to the ADA were to hedge against future lawsuits by adding segregated restrooms for timid tinklers, the cost would exceed the gross domestic product of many small nations.
Congress passed the Americans with Disabilities Act in 1990 to protect people with severe handicaps such as blindness, deafness or paralysis. It was updated by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA) in 2009 to accommodate far more disabilities and now also covers a plethora of other afflictions — including bashful bladder syndrome."

Read more: Americans with Disabilities Act covers ‘bashful bladder syndrome,’ could cost employers billions | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 08:28 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,530 times
stagefright is now a disability?

Old 05-10-2012, 08:43 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
I've been drug tested dozens of times over the years, and have never been asked to do it "in a public restroom" or "with someone standing next to me"- its always done in a private toilet room at a testing facility. Is this really an issue for "thousands" of people??? Sounds like another frivalous lawsuit to me.....

Old 05-10-2012, 08:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default Bashful bladder syndrome may cost employers billions

Or it may not cost them anything.

Get back to us when this becomes another prohibitive cost of doing business.

Heck, broken fingernails "may" cost employers billions, too. But I kinda doubt it. But let's go ahead and drum up some pity for our underpriveleged and overburdened corporations. Especially their CEOs and executive staffs.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Or it may not cost them anything.

Get back to us when this becomes another prohibitive cost of doing business.

Heck, broken fingernails "may" cost employers billions, too. But I kinda doubt it. But let's go ahead and drum up some pity for our underpriveleged and overburdened corporations. Especially their CEOs and executive staffs.
Yeah after all who would go out and file frivolous lawsuits right??

Lawsuits by the Disabled: Abuse of the System? - TIME

I'm sure having trouble peeing will bring in a mountain of money for these folks.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:53 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Hey I had to go through this and it is degrading embarrassing you are looked on afterwards by co-workers like a leper till your proven innocent.If you drink too much water to hydrate in the summer they dispute the sample you have to do a redo and your co-workers start calling you a dopey behind your back. **** Wagons [Winnebagos] would show up out of the blue test some employee or two waste half their day with pay then air freight it overnite to SmIth-Kline laboratory....took a many random tests.

Now they are talking about taking hair samples now that is going over the line....

Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Smile Just sayin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yeah after all who would go out and file frivolous lawsuits right??

Lawsuits by the Disabled: Abuse of the System? - TIME

I'm sure having trouble peeing will bring in a mountain of money for these folks.

Or...

These corporations that are suffering so much financial difficulty could save even more by discontinuing random drug tests.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:55 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I've been drug tested dozens of times over the years, and have never been asked to do it "in a public restroom" or "with someone standing next to me"- its always done in a private toilet room at a testing facility. Is this really an issue for "thousands" of people??? Sounds like another frivalous lawsuit to me.....
I've always done it in the usual little room with the small door where you place the sample -- except for in the military, when I was tested once, in AIT in 1989, with a drill sergeant standing next to us watching.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So if somebody can't whiz while somebody is standing next to em the lawsuits will start flying. Anybody wonder why doing business in the US is so gdam difficult anymore?? The insanity marches on..............
Read your post. It MAY. It also MAY NOT. Do you seriously get this emotional over every lawsuit filed?

How about you save getting your panties in a bunch until there's some actual outcome here.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:01 AM

Who's getting emotional? The outcome is already on record if you would read links. Lefties never do that though. Afraid of what they may see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies