Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 06:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Yes of course people should wait to get married. Sex is a huge responsibility not to be taken lightly and we don't need more irresponsible idiots getting anymore state sponsored abortions.
So you believe the government should tell people when it's OK to have sex? YOU need that?

No, thanks, I can think for myself.

Please point out "state sponsored abortions"...where are they?

Where do they take place?

You believe your taxes should be used to slaughter people in war....how odd...

Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,665,971 times
Quote:
Yes of course people should wait to get married. Sex is a huge responsibility not to be taken lightly and we don't need more irresponsible idiots getting anymore state sponsored abortions.
Everything is a HUGE responsibility.

You get behind the wheel of a car...you could possibly kill someone. Or many someones.

You try and use an oven? Could burn your house down. Maybe the whole block of houses down.

In that balance, sex doesn't come across nearly as bad. What's the worst that could happen? Create another human being? How terrible

Old 05-07-2012, 07:55 AM

409 posts, read 254,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
What's the worst that could happen?
Spreading HIV and having more people die of AIDS? Hepatitis C?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:58 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,470,357 times
Quote:
Everything is a HUGE responsibility.

You get behind the wheel of a car...you could possibly kill someone. Or many someones.

You try and use an oven? Could burn your house down. Maybe the whole block of houses down.

In that balance, sex doesn't come across nearly as bad. What's the worst that could happen? Create another human being? How terrible
Rape.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:04 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,221,630 times
I saw when you're ready. For most people that's between 15 and 20.

I would actually recommend having sex before settling down and getting married. Sex is a very important part of a person's life, as is marriage. I think it's very healthy for people to at least expiriment and find themselves as they grow up in regards to their sexuality. Once you're married it closes that door, and I think that can make it difficult for many people who wait until marriage to have sex for the first time. These days I don't really see anyone waiting for marriage to have sex, it's certainly not expected of anyone unless you're extremely religious or something.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Spreading HIV and having more people die of AIDS? Hepatitis C?
Yea, that's bad but rare and more about not ****ing around than just having sex.

But that's all individual responsibility. It's tragic but people make choices and have to pay for their choices

Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Rape.
Rape is not in the same category as consensual sex

Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Rape is not in the same category as consensual sex
No it's not, but it is something bad that could happen during sexual relations. Consensual situations can rapidly become non-consensual if one partner wants to go further than the other, and doesn't respect their boundaries. Let's say X wants to kiss Y, but Y wants to have sex with X. Maybe X does consensually engage in kissing with Y, but then Y insists on having full-blown sex when X wasn't ready. X tries to signal "no" in a variety of ways but Y ignores those signals. That is rape.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
No it's not, but it is something bad that could happen during sexual relations. Consensual situations can rapidly become non-consensual if one partner wants to go further than the other, and doesn't respect their boundaries. Let's say X wants to kiss Y, but Y wants to have sex with X. Maybe X does consensually engage in kissing with Y, but then Y insists on having full-blown sex when X wasn't ready. X tries to signal "no" in a variety of ways but Y ignores those signals. That is rape.
Yea, but that's in a whole different category.

I will say this though if X doesn't want sex X better say NO. I dunno what you mean by resisting but a lot of girls like the whole "force" and "modest" thing and play a bit hard to get until the sex actually begins. But if she truly doesn't want it, she has to do more than push your hands away playfully and pull up her underwear. She has to say "NO, I'm calling the police. This is rape." No ambiguous signals

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Yea, but that's in a whole different category.

I will say this though if X doesn't want sex X better say NO. I dunno what you mean by resisting but a lot of girls like the whole "force" and "modest" thing and play a bit hard to get until the sex actually begins. But if she truly doesn't want it, she has to do more than push your hands away playfully and pull up her underwear. She has to say "NO, I'm calling the police. This is rape." No ambiguous signals
A lot of people do say NO. Some people are paralyzed in fear and unable to say NO. Anyway, the point is, it is a risk you face when having sex, and is among one of the worst things that can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies