Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 04:36 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times

Advertisements

as should be expected more victims coming forward. These predators can't help themselves.

A Connecticut woman says Joe Biden touched her inappropriately and rubbed noses with her during a 2009 political fundraiser in Greenwich when he was vice president, drawing further scrutiny to the Democrat and his history of unwanted contact with women as he ponders a presidential run

"It wasn't sexual, but he did grab me by the head," Amy Lappos told The Courant Monday. "He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth."

Lappos posted about the alleged incident on the Facebook page of Connecticut Women in Politics Sunday in response to a similar account by former Nevada legislator Lucy Flores, which comes as Biden is considering a 2020 run for president. Flores accused Biden of kissing her on the back of her head in 2014, when she was a candidate for lieutenant governor.

Lappos, 43, who is now a freelance worker with nonprofit agencies, said she felt extremely uncomfortable when Biden approached her at the 2009 fundraiser for U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, D-4th, where she was volunteering. At the time, Lappos was a congressional aide to Himes, who she said was not in the room when the incident took place.

Amy Lappos, left, with then-Vice President Joe Biden, at an Oct. 5, 2009, Greenwich fundraiser for Rep. Jim Himes, D-Conn.

"I never filed a complaint, to be honest, because he was the vice president. I was a nobody," Lappos said. "There's absolutely a line of decency. There's a line of respect. Crossing that line is not grandfatherly. It's not cultural. It's not affection. It's sexism or misogyny."

A spokeswoman for Biden declined to respond to the allegations by Lappos and instead offered a statement that Biden issued Sunday about the Flores controversy.

https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-...zzm-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 04:38 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
President Obama sure did like to surround himself with sleazy, crooked people.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:47 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Waiting on one of our faithful LWLTs to pivot to President Trump.....

Old 04-01-2019, 04:49 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
this is not going to stop. Biden has a long history of touching, squeezing and loving!

Old 04-01-2019, 04:53 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
as should be expected more victims coming forward. These predators can't help themselves.

A Connecticut woman says Joe Biden touched her inappropriately and rubbed noses with her during a 2009 political fundraiser in Greenwich when he was vice president, drawing further scrutiny to the Democrat and his history of unwanted contact with women as he ponders a presidential run

"It wasn't sexual, but he did grab me by the head," Amy Lappos told The Courant Monday. "He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth."

Lappos posted about the alleged incident on the Facebook page of Connecticut Women in Politics Sunday in response to a similar account by former Nevada legislator Lucy Flores, which comes as Biden is considering a 2020 run for president. Flores accused Biden of kissing her on the back of her head in 2014, when she was a candidate for lieutenant governor.

Lappos, 43, who is now a freelance worker with nonprofit agencies, said she felt extremely uncomfortable when Biden approached her at the 2009 fundraiser for U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, D-4th, where she was volunteering. At the time, Lappos was a congressional aide to Himes, who she said was not in the room when the incident took place.

Amy Lappos, left, with then-Vice President Joe Biden, at an Oct. 5, 2009, Greenwich fundraiser for Rep. Jim Himes, D-Conn.

"I never filed a complaint, to be honest, because he was the vice president. I was a nobody," Lappos said. "There's absolutely a line of decency. There's a line of respect. Crossing that line is not grandfatherly. It's not cultural. It's not affection. It's sexism or misogyny."

A spokeswoman for Biden declined to respond to the allegations by Lappos and instead offered a statement that Biden issued Sunday about the Flores controversy.

https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-...zzm-story.html

Good grief .. now a minor incident, far from assault in the first place, has been elevated to 'sexual assault' which is laughable. Exaggerate much? This will be on the news ad infinitum until someone with common sense puts a stop to it.

That crackpot AOC (Cortez) goes around hugging and kissing men on the cheek, arms outstretched, in a 'holding pattern'. And you guys want to pick on a 75 yr. old former Vice President?.

Get a life.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:54 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
Big whoopty do. Trump admitted to grabbing women by their reproductive organs and cheated on his wife multiple times. So cry me a river. If conservatives want to use that has a tool then too bad. We'll do a "trump" on them and vote for him no matter what comes out. Payback time.

is not Trump or the conservatives Biden has to worry about. It's his own party and the femenists. He has to win the nomination before he faces Trump and he won't make it.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Lol. Sorry, but this is hilarious. You know how many people care? Count the Trump supporters in the room, because that is it.

This stupidity will have no effect on Biden's campaign or votes.

So--you Trump people and republicans: talk among yourselves, because the Dems voting don't really care from what I've seen and heard. Good luck with spreading the "horror" of it though.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:57 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Let's be honest - Trump has issues is this area as well. He just wasn't dumb enough to do it in front of the camera.

Or maybe it's a self-control issue for Biden...

This really could get ugly for him.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:59 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Let's be honest - Trump has issues is this area as well. He just wasn't dumb enough to do it in front of the camera.

Or maybe it's a self-control issue for Biden...

This really could get ugly for him.
Well actually, he was. Did you not catch the Access Hollywood video? It was 5 stars and rated X!

Old 04-01-2019, 05:05 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
A senator's wife, Stephanie Carter, says the photo of her and Biden used to illustrate Biden's indiscretions misses point. The reason for him being so close to her was her discomfort in the spotlight. He was an old friend who leaned over to thank her for allowing her DH to take the position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies