Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:53 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,729 times

Advertisements

I think it is for neo-DEMS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,873 times
I bow only to Reagan, Hail Reagan!!!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 06:58 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
I'm a Christian. I'm a Democrat. This is a dumb question and a dumb thread topic.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:02 PM

613 posts, read 760,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
I think it is for neo-DEMS.
Hey Gregory,

Let's not pretend everybody needs or wants a god to worship.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm a Christian. I'm a Democrat. This is a dumb question and a dumb thread topic.
It is Democrats who want the government to be the great provider. You remind me of the following:

1 Samuel 8

8 When Samuel grew old, he appointed his sons as Israel’s leaders.[a] 2 The name of his firstborn was Joel and the name of his second was Abijah, and they served at Beersheba. 3 But his sons did not follow his ways. They turned aside after dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice.
4 So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah. 5 They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead[b] us, such as all the other nations have.”
6 But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. 7 And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 8 As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. 9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

Old 05-08-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Hey Gregory,

Let's not pretend everybody needs or wants a god to worship.
Let's not pretend we all need or want a government to take care of every need we have.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,085,192 times
'Julia' is thrilled that there is a government to take care of her from craddle to grave. She faces Washington DC each day and prays that her government God remains friends with China to continue the cash flow.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
No, I am not a satanist.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,873 times
Quote:
It is Democrats who want the government to be the great provider. You remind me of the following:

1 Samuel 8

8 When Samuel grew old, he appointed his sons as Israel’s leaders.[a] 2 The name of his firstborn was Joel and the name of his second was Abijah, and they served at Beersheba. 3 But his sons did not follow his ways. They turned aside after dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice.
4 So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah. 5 They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead[b] us, such as all the other nations have.”
6 But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. 7 And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 8 As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. 9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”
All this stuff sounds like it came from the Middle Eastern countries. Are you one of them Muslims? Perhaps this should be moved to the Religious forum.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
Quote:

1 Samuel 8

Actually Democrats understand that the free market and good government give people more opportunity. Democrats are not rigid ideologues that put their faith in unfettered capitalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies