Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 09:16 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
And a big key in driving the profitability in the Tech Industry especially is having a well educated work force. Education levels played a fairly large role in the results.
Research Triangle Park will not suffer from this amendment.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:16 PM

371 posts, read 443,409 times
Well the good news is you can still marry your cousin in North Carolina.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
And a big key in driving the profitability in the Tech Industry especially is having a well educated work force. Education levels played a fairly large role in the results.
I am an educated person who works in the tech industry and supports the amendment - so what is your point?

Old 05-08-2012, 09:18 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
There is absolutely no objective evidence to back up your claims that anti-gay marriage amendments are the reason companies don't choose a state to set up operations. You're feeding off of media-driven propoganda. Don't be so gullible.
I work in high tech directly with these people. I don't need the media, I hear it everywhere. Again, how much high tech do you see in red states? High growth, high income, clean industries with strong quality of life, and they won't go near the red states. But you go ahead and keep thinking otherwise.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Explain why you think that people who support Amendment 1 should feel shame for doing so. In other words - defend your position.
I think my side has been repeated several times over here. No need to explain to someone who will not get it. I have seen your previous posts and there is no point in wasting my time. You know my side. It has been debated million times over.

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

Microsoft:

"As other states recognize marriage equality, Washington's employers are at a disadvantage if we cannot offer a similar, inclusive environment to our talented employees, our top recruits and their families. Employers in the technology sector face an unprecedented national and global competition for top talent. Despite progress made in recent years with domestic partnership rights, same-sex couples in Washington still hold a different status from their neighbors. Marriage equality in Washington would put employers here on an equal footing with employers in the six other states that already recognize the committed relationships of same-sex couples - Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont. This in turn will help us continue to compete for talent."
Marriage Equality in Washington State Would Be Good for Business - The Official Microsoft Blog

You can read about other corporations endorsing gay marriage below:

Starbucks supports gay marriage in WA - Jan. 25, 2012

Google Endorses Gay Marriage

Microsoft Calls for Gay Marriage in Washington State - Rebecca J. Rosen - Technology - The Atlantic

Gay marriage gains big corporate ally: Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs | Planet Washington blog

Stop with the crap. Social responsibility within companies takes on many different forms. If gay marriage is one of the platforms of these companies, so be it. They probably like clean rivers and green trees and park benches in parks and sidewalks in ghettos. That's how social responsibility works in big business. Microsoft didn't go bankrupt because of the 30 states with marriage amendments. Neither did Google or Starbucks. Your point is moot.

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
the voters decided!
Rights aren't determined by popular vote in this country. The people can vote for whatever they want, but if it's found to be unconstitutional, the law is struck down.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Congrats NC! Onward Christian brothers!
I don't take issue with your assertion that you're related to these idiots, that seems obvious. But I do take issue with the "Christian" comment. Christians aren't hateful persons, nor do they display such prejudice. Not real Christians.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I work in high tech directly with these people. I don't need the media, I hear it everywhere. Again, how much high tech do you see in red states? High growth, high income, clean industries with strong quality of life, and they won't go near the red states. But you go ahead and keep thinking otherwise.
Got tons of them in Houston, Austin, Dallas, Atlanta..... but then again, those cities are pretty gay friendly even if they are located in red states

Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Haha little do you know.

The aging hippies are dying out and the socially conservative Mexicans are going to outnumber liberal White's pretty soon.

If you people haven't noticed, the same liberals who orgasmically proclaim that Whites will be a minority in this country in the coming years do not realize that liberal White people are the only reason "diversity", "inclusion", and "tolerance" exist in this country.
Haha little do you know...

Hispanics and blacks are becoming more supportive of same-sex marriage than whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies