Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times

Advertisements

Vote fraud alert: Obama scores big among North Carolina vampires

Quote:
"An amazing 2,374 civic-minded seniors between the ages of 94 and 100 have already voted in North Carolina. Apparently, some of them are so civic-minded that they voted more than once."
There are also at least 832 votes from people over 110 years old, including two submitted from overseas.

Quote:
"I overheard a nice lady about 70 telling her friend the following: “Yes, I voted today.”'

“Going back tomorrow too.”

“They took us to a place that don’t ask names and don’t write nothing down. They give $20 each time.”

She then handed her friend a card I couldn’t see and told her friend to call the number."
I guess there is no real need for voter ID laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post

There are also at least 832 votes from people over 110 years old, including two submitted from overseas.

Now, if true, this is real voter fraud. Can't help thinking, though, that it sounds like an Onion story fed to a gullible reporter.

Anyway, how would voter ID laws have helped in these instances? These were ALL mail-in ballots.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Now, if true, this is real voter fraud. Can't help thinking, though, that it sounds like an Onion story fed to a gullible reporter.

Anyway, how would voter ID laws have helped in these instances? These were ALL mail-in ballots.
I don't know if I buy it either, but it's out there. We'll see if it makes any other news.

I don't interpret it as all mail-in ballots. It seems like they're talking about two separate things, one all the mail-ins and the other where people are giving $20 for each appearance.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:35 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
This reeks of complete and total BS. Somehow this blogger knows that 832 ballots from those 110+ have been returned and furthermore knows that 70% of them voted Democratic? What'd he do - open the ballots and look? Was he able to track down the vote fraudsters and get them to tell him for whom they voted?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
I am in NC and will try to find out what truth, if any, is in that "report."

However, I have seen some awful things go on here in elections in years past, but that was over 30 years ago (no voting machines, no early voting). I used to regularly work at the polls and I was a newspaper reporter/editor in this state for some years.

There are shameful things people will do to bolster their candidate's vote talley.

I don't put this type of thing past certain groups in ANY state.

If I find a link, I will post.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:46 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
I'm going to wait for a more legit source. This one is as shady as a beat up van with free candy written on the side.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Funny but the only thing fraudulent is the report itself.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:48 AM

This is what the News and Observer out of Raleigh is saying about this "report." They are saying these are bonafide voters.

'112-year-old voters' a result of change in data collection, not voter fraud | newsobserver.com projects

Since early voting started last week in North Carolina, data from the state Board of Elections shows 899 ballots cast by 112-year-old voters.
Either a surprising number of people who could have chosen between Calvin Coolidge, John Davis and Robert La Follette in 1924 remain alive and politically-engaged, or something else is going on.
A local conservative political blog was the first to suggest that “massive voter fraud” was taking place, and a bandwagon of similar claims have followed. The Examiner, a conservative website, posted a story that has been shared by several thousand people on Facebook and Twitter.
State elections director Gary Bartlett said the story spread quickly enough on social media that his phone started ringing during church Sunday and hasn't let up since – and a glance at the widely-circulated story shows why:

"Of these voters, over 70 percent were slated as Democrats, with a diminutive 25 percent counted as Republicans…Obviously there is a problem, one in which voter ID might clearly provide a solution. A thing that only the Democratic Party swears against."

Just one problem: "It's not voter fraud at all," Bartlett said.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:48 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,547,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post

Your source is a conservative propoganda rag. Find this story in an authentic newspaper.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Your source is a conservative propoganda rag. Find this story in an authentic newspaper.
See what I posted above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies