Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 11:27 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,349,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This won't happen because there has never been a time when a heterosexual couple has not been available to adopt a child. On the contrary - homosexual adoption is being forced upon unwilling children when heterosexuals are available to adopt them. The homosexual "rights" movement will stop at nothing to force their agenda on the rest of us - they truly are the ones shoving their view down others throats - and they are intolerant of anyone whith an actual moral bone in their body.

Mother's anger over gay couple's adoption of her children - Telegraph
LOL, tell that to all of the children who age out of the system without having ever found a loving home (I'll could foward you the number of the ones I personally know), to the children horribly abused and murdered by heterosexual adopted parents, to the countless of children who found loving homes w/ gay and single parents. You are quite clueless in this matter and linking to a UK rag isn't helping your case.

Gay Dads Steve and Roger Ham Raise 12 Adopted Kids - ABC News

Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Im gay and according to you i chose this life ? Do you think that if being gay was a choice i would choose a life where people would bully me and make fun of me ?
By the way, when do you chose to become straight ?
I could choose to be gay but do not - so I have chosen to be straight. You have chosen to be gay - there is no "gay" gene. Sexual orientation is a choice and therefore homosexuals cannot equate themselves with people who have bene historically persecuted because of natural characteristics such as gender or skin color.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 PM

72 posts, read 77,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This amendment did not say one word about gays. It just states the natural function of a man and woman in marriage. I for one do not want my grandchildren being taught that being a normal human being is wrong. You can call that anything you want to but at the end of the day we are right. I thought being green and natural was a good thing.
How is teaching children not to hate people who are different from you the same as teaching them that being "normal" (one man, one woman) is wrong? How does allowing people who are different from you to have the same civil liberties diminish your "normality" in any way? If I accept that somebody who's different from me has the right to the same civil liberties that I do, that doesn't then mean that who I am is somehow wrong. I just don't follow that logic.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There's nothing in the article you referenced that said the children didn't want homosexual adoptive parents. It only talks about the preferences of the mother.
I quote from the article:
She said her son replied: "But Mummy, I want to come and stay with you and Granny and Granddad."

Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,011,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
I said from the word go that I was playing devil's advocate. Do I need to define what that is for you? I'm sorry that you can't enjoy a simple debate like an adult and too stubborn to even try to understand the point I was making. I won't confuse you anymore and disengage from this sub-topic you yourself brought up.
You're not making a point. You're attempting to use my words against me to try to give reason to why the gays should be allowed to marry one another. That is not playing Devil's Advocate, that is playing mind games. I have no time for that.

You are incapable of being straightforward in addressing my points. Instead you would rather beat around the bush for pages on end. Now you want to claim you're having a simple debate about same sex marriage when all you've done is rant about my hesitations with sibling marriage. How about you talk about why you support gay marriage rather than asking me what hesitations I have about sibling marriage? I have clearly stated why I am against both. This topic is about gay marriage. If you need to express your support for brother and brother to marry, please create your own thread and we can go from there. Until then, stay on topic and stop trying to play games.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:32 PM

475 posts, read 508,322 times
Quote:
Sexual orientation is a choice and therefore homosexuals cannot equate themselves with people who have bene historically persecuted because of natural characteristics such as gender or skin color.
So you think we dont deserve the same rights you do because we arent equal ?

Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
I quote from the article:
She said her son replied: "But Mummy, I want to come and stay with you and Granny and Granddad."
Yes, I read that. The child did not say, "I don't want homosexual parents" or "I only want heterosexual parents".

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
linking to a UK rag isn't helping your case.

Attacking the messenger isn't helping your case

3,451 posts, read 7,056,509 times
I had plans and tickets to the visit relatives in NC in October...I cancelled those plans tonight.

I refuse to set foot in the state of North Carolina.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
So you think we dont deserve the same rights you do because we arent equal ?
Marriage is not a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies