Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 01:03 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I meant NYC but the numbers are much lower then the rest of the country in all Orthodox Jewish areas including very rich areas.

Oh, wow. Religious people in religous communities would vote against gay marriage!

A novel idea! Bravo! So profound! Who would've thought!

Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
that's the simple person's understanding

#2 Gay marriage will lead to fewer marriages.

what?

are you blind
look at the record low amount of marriages ever had in this country and the whole liberal IDOLogy including and especially gay rights has led to that

Marriage Rate Falls to Record Low in U.S., Pew Says - ABC News

if you don't know that there are way less marriages then there used to be it makes perfect sense why you don't understand any of my points it assumes you know basic facts.

maybe your not a idiot just uninformed (though some how I think it's both)

just for the record you do know the difference between long term effects and short term effects?

The low marriage rate has nothing to do with gays. It's a result of many factors. Among them is public assistance. It's easier to get assistance if you are an unwed mother. More liberated women. Many women find that they don't need a man or want children to live a fulfilled life. Couples getting married much latter in life. Most of the newly married couple I know are over 30. Young people focus on their careers first and relationships/marriage second.

Please find a study that links gay rights to the decline in married couples or the up swing in STD rates. STD rates are highest in the conservative south. Funny huh?

You can keep calling people stupid that disagree with your unsubstantiated reasoning.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-11-2012 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: insults

Old 05-11-2012, 01:53 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You cease to be taken seriously on this issue when you state, "a person who chooses to be gay is free to do so."
You cease to be taken seriously if you think that homosexuality is not a choice and state so without offering a shred of evidence for your position.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:55 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,198,887 times
North Carolina Governor says "We Look like Mississippi":

Bev Perdue, North Carolina Governor, On Amendment 1 Passage: 'We Look Like Mississippi'

Old 05-11-2012, 02:05 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
The low marriage rate has nothing to do with gays.
People like Rush Limbaugh try to make up for it, for their great respect of the institution. Although, his first wife, and second wife, or the third, could not be reached for their take on the subject. Then, we looked for another right wing spokesperson's wife/husband (Mr or Mrs Coulter) on "marriage".

Old 05-11-2012, 02:07 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh, wow. Religious people in religous communities would vote against gay marriage!

A novel idea! Bravo! So profound! Who would've thought!
do you know how to read?

what I said was that they also have low STD rates.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:10 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,891,442 times
Hell, North Carolinians would vote against all of the "yankees" in their state to pack up and leave, much less the "homosexuals". I hope people in other states who are considering moving to that state realize now how incredibly prejudiced the majority of people in NC really are. Of course I live in Virginia which passed a similar measure but NEVER by voting. I think in a few years the people of Virginia will vote FOR marriage equality..This fight is not over and I hope the folks in NC realize their vote just gave their state a very bad image.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:14 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
Quote:
North Carolina approves amendment to ban gay marriage with 58% vote!

58% of a reported 34% of the eligible voter turn-out. Not impressive. A failure to gain a majority of the electorate.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:18 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
The low marriage rate has nothing to do with gays. It's a result of many factors. Among them is public assistance. It's easier to get assistance if you are an unwed mother. More liberated women. Many women find that they don't need a man or want children to live a fulfilled life. Couples getting married much latter in life. Most of the newly married couple I know are over 30. Young people focus on their careers first and relationships/marriage second.

Please find a study that links gay rights to the decline in married couples or the up swing in STD rates. STD rates are highest in the conservative south. Funny huh?

You can keep calling people stupid that disagree with your unsubstantiated reasoning
you don't need a study all you need is to use your brain
lets try this again
do gays have more STD then the avg person?
do more people practice homosexual relations today due to gay "rights"?
now lets put this together
more people have STDs today because of gay rights.

that doesn't mean there aren't other causes.

I even got a super liberal NY senator to agree with me that this would lead to new STD cases. of course he still voted for it because of the "overall good" even though he agreed it would lead to people dying from STDS.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-11-2012 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: insults

Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You cease to be taken seriously if you think that homosexuality is not a choice and state so without offering a shred of evidence for your position.

LOL!

What are you, 12?

You want "sources"? Start here:

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

I dare you to provide just ONE, peer reviewed, academically acceptable publication that posits that homosexuality is a "choice!" (Google "peer reviewed" if you have trouble understanding what that means. I'm assuming you never made it to college).

Don't spend too much time, because hint: THERE AREN'T ANY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies