Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Good to hear. We're facing economic ruin. Regardless of which side of the issue your on, we have to do SOMETHING about our current economic system.

What do you feel needs to be done to fix the economy Roysoldboy?
Great question, but good luck getting a response,...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 11:24 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Good to hear. We're facing economic ruin. Regardless of which side of the issue your on, we have to do SOMETHING about our current economic system.

That is a big question and I don't want to pretend there are silver bullets, but LENR and similar tech is real and isn't being funded properly. I do believe it is big enough to create quite a boom.

Other than that we need to address CAFRs, investigate investments and these offshore accts. Follow the money, in other words and bring the corruption and dishonesty out to the light of day.

Too many individuals in govt and wall street are benefiting off of practices that DONOT benefit citizens.

Wealth doesn't evaporate, it goes somewhere.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Ending the green insanity will fix the economy. I really is that simple. Obama's economic plan based on green jobs is a complete failure.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:45 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:

To stay within the bounds of this thread topic I would say that we need to do away with that union and with its buddy, Occupy.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Great question, but good luck getting a response,...
You have joined in with the attempt to steal the thread that worked very well so far and that was a given but then when you can't talk about the thread topic you show yourself so completely. Get back on the topic or go steal someone else's thread. At least you can divert attention.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
That is a big question and I don't want to pretend there are silver bullets, but LENR and similar tech is real and isn't being funded properly. I do believe it is big enough to create quite a boom.

Other than that we need to address CAFRs, investigate investments and these offshore accts. Follow the money, in other words and bring the corruption and dishonesty out to the light of day.

Too many individuals in govt and wall street are benefiting off of practices that DONOT benefit citizens.

Wealth doesn't evaporate, it goes somewhere.
Now that you have sided in with the deflectors lets get back to the topic of the thread, SEIU paying for offices for Occupy DC. I know it isn't nearly as exciting as the post you answered but it is there, anyway.

Maybe we could look at the fact that Obama came out a bit too soon in support of the Occupy movement. SEIU has handed him a pile of money to campaign with in now two elections on the national scale. ?As mentioned in the OP link, Andy Stern, the former president of the SEIU, was in the White House pretty near 25 times to see Obama in his first year in office. I could go on and on but once you start connecting dots I think anyone could go from there.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:35 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that the SEIU is paying rent on three offices for the Occupy crowd for a total of 6 months. How long was it that we have to wait till the election? Yep, it is 6 months. While it is a drop in the bucket concerning what SEIU has given to Obama before it seems that the $4000 per month will be like giving money to The One.

It will be 6 months before the election.

We just can't afford to have those people out on the streets to do their planning and training, can we?

No. Somebody had to fund offices for those people.

Union with Obama ties rents offices for Occupy DC | Washington Examiner
Quote:
You have joined in with the attempt to steal the thread that worked very well so far and that was a given but then when you can't talk about the thread topic you show yourself so completely. Get back on the topic or go steal someone else's thread. At least you can divert attention.

There ya go. Answers to your rhetorical questions.

Now please do tell, how is debating the whole premise of Occupy not related to the original post?

Old 05-10-2012, 12:48 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Now that you have sided in with the deflectors lets get back to the topic of the thread, SEIU paying for offices for Occupy DC. I know it isn't nearly as exciting as the post you answered but it is there, anyway.

Maybe we could look at the fact that Obama came out a bit too soon in support of the Occupy movement. SEIU has handed him a pile of money to campaign with in now two elections on the national scale. ?As mentioned in the OP link, Andy Stern, the former president of the SEIU, was in the White House pretty near 25 times to see Obama in his first year in office. I could go on and on but once you start connecting dots I think anyone could go from there.
I don't feel I am siding with anyone. I do feel the economy is directly related to the Occupy movement. In fact, I would say the economy is related to all the major issues we are facing, atm. Soros was brought up, you don't think his relationships are important and people like him?

The through line of who is profiting is also important and those relationships to govt. If you look I posted info directly related to SEIU also.

I don't buy into the whole left vs right thing either. I consider it a big distraction.

Too many people on these forums act too much like the Hattfields and McCoys imo. Not how I approach information or interactions.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I don't feel I am siding with anyone. I do feel the economy is directly related to the Occupy movement. In fact, I would say the economy is related to all the major issues we are facing, atm. Soros was brought up, you don't think his relationships are important and people like him?

The through line of who is profiting is also important and those relationships to govt. If you look I posted info directly related to SEIU also.

I don't buy into the whole left vs right thing either. I consider it a big distraction.

Too many people on these forums act too much like the Hattfields and McCoys imo. Not how I approach information or interactions.
How about Andy Stern who said while still the head man of SEIU that if you can't get what you want any other way the answer is force? You would have known a little about him and this topic if you had read the link. Why do I supply those things, I wonder.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:30 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
There ya go. Answers to your rhetorical questions.

Now please do tell, how is debating the whole premise of Occupy not related to the original post?
The thread is about a major labor union, a very vocal supporter of Obama, co-opting a supposedly apolitical group of protesters, the Occupiers. It certainly appears that SEIU is buying the Occupy movement to benefit Obama's reelection.

And,,,"yes" I read the article that denies that premises. Deny all they want, the Occupiers are the property of SEIU in Washington.

The Occupy "premise" has been compromised either in reality or in appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies