Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:31 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
So I guess by your definition every white person living in New York City is a liberal?

You should really get out more.
Is NYC not a liberal city? Isnt the state of new your not a blue state? You need to get out more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 05:36 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,881 times
Quote:
You won't find rich conservative White Americans in Dallas, Birmingham, Nashville, Houston, Baton Rouge, Memphis, St. Louis, or damn near any other city sending their kids to an inner-ciity public school either.

So what's you point, really?
You're right, they don't sit and pretend like they want diversity like liberals do either.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:45 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,597 times
Quote:
Can you name the last sitting president that sent their children to a public school?
Carter?

Old 05-13-2012, 05:48 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Is NYC not a liberal city? Isnt the state of new your not a blue state? You need to get out more.
New York is not a hotbed of liberalism. It has elected 2 Republican Mayors in Guiliani and Bloomberg and Ed Koch was hardly a flaming liberal. They might seem liberal by modern day GOP standards.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:49 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,841 times
I'm a commercial pilot. I can cite hundreds of incidences where better-qualified whites were turned down for jobs so that some racial quota could be met! Your allegations are totally false!

Oh, and how many slaves do you know or have you met in your lifetime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
A job market that is qualifications based in trade for extending to investors the protection of the corporate veil-- currently, investors have protection as a result of stealing it from protected classes; a restoration of the pre-St. Mary's Honor Ctr burden of proof method in Title VII cases; and, the despicable statute of limitations for Title VII cases extended to a time comparable to that of every other violation of civil law-- compare the 90 days for a Civil Rights charge to the full year for libel and longer for other violations.

And isn't that the reason the African American population is as large as it is? White Americans couldn't do it, so humans were enslaved to do it.

Then, white Americans couldn't compete, so they resorted to peonage and Jim Crow.

For the last twenty years, white Americans continue to fear direct competition from African Americans, so St. Mary's Honor Ctr has stood as common law.

We're not talking about white people giving to African American people a handout-- in fact, I'd prefer the handouts be kept in order to reduce the dependence in the African American community-- we're talking about white America paying for what is being stolen: equal access to employment based on qualifications in trade for the corporate veil.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:59 PM

576 posts, read 586,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If we ban country music then Black and White people can live in peace.
Banning both would be a good move IMO

Old 05-13-2012, 06:00 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I'm a commercial pilot. I can cite hundreds of incidences where better-qualified whites were turned down for jobs so that some racial quota could be met!
To establish your authority: in what capacity does a pilot at your company serve in the role of a hiring manager or HR administrator or some equivalent employee?

Quote:
Your allegations are totally false!

Oh, and how many slaves do you know or have you met in your lifetime?
I have first hand experience with the EEOC. That experience dispelled me of the American myth of racial equality, white superiority, and the notion that corporations hire the most qualified candidate.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:05 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,841 times
I don't hire! But I've seen very well qualified whites refused positions so that those positions could be given to unqualified "minorities" to meet some stupid quota! Corporations often don't hire the most qualified candidate. Instead they hire a minority!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
To establish your authority: in what capacity does a pilot at your company serve in the role of a hiring manager or HR administrator or some equivalent employee?

I have first hand experience with the EEOC. That experience dispelled me of the American myth of racial equality, white superiority, and the notion that corporations hire the most qualified candidate.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:09 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I don't hire! But I've seen very well qualified whites refused positions so that those positions could be given to unqualified "minorities" to meet some stupid quota! Corporations often don't hire the most qualified candidate. Instead they hire a minority!
I don't know why a corporation would do that since it's never mandated by law, and I think we'd all agree that it shouldn't be.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
When it happens in conservative areas liberals call racism by the words "white flight". Now that it's being shown in the east coast bastion of liberalism, liberals are defending the practice by saying it has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with school choice,...well duh! What do you think we've been trying to tell you all these years?
Post of the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies