Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I find it quite interesting that the Repugnantcants are anti-Obama yet they are not pro-Romney....hmmm, fascinating.
We are not cultists and we do not worship politicians like they do on the left.

We will not fly altered US flags with a politician's face on it, nor have our children sing songs about them, nor make their books required reading material in our school. We may think Romney will make a good president, but we will not be fainting at his speeches, nor approve of him making speeches with an altered presidential seal
, as the "president-elect", on his podium.

So don't compare conservatives and republicans to the looney lefties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 01:18 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Oddly, this was not the first time Ayers made such a claim.
It's also not the first time conservative nut-jobs were unable to tell when they were being mocked.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
1) How are things worse? By all economic metrics (e.g. factory output, filings for unemployment, consumer confidence, etc.) things are much better.

2) In what way are we "like Greece?"

Note the graph below. The US has much less debt than Greece and according to the pattern over time, Greece ran up debt relative to GDP even during good times, while the United States (despite the Bush administration’s best efforts) only developed large deficits in response to the crisis, which happens to be exactly when we should be running large deficits.

I don't even have mention that Greek interest rates are at record highs while American rates are at record lows.

So, UDKWURTA
Why settle for an attitude that says "at least we are not as bad as Greece"?? We should not settle for mediocrity, just because 3 1/2 years of 0bama has been kicking the country in the groin. sort of like the spouse of a wife beater, "It's not so bad, he's only beating me twice a day."

Last edited by Wapasha; 05-14-2012 at 01:40 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
OP, the part about Obama's parents and Selma was a complete LIE invented by Obama. You worship a compulsive liar as your POTUS.
I have already apologized for having been duped by the president's words.

I repent, can you ever forgive me?

Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We are not cultists and we do not worship politicians like they do on the left.
Except for the Ron Paul supporters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha
We will not fly altered US flags with a politician's face on it, nor have our children sing songs about them, nor make their books required reading material in our school.
No, never.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And this has what to do with the thread?
The context to my post came from the video in the post I was responding to.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Except for the Ron Paul supporters.

No, never.
I do not approve of writing on our flag either, btw... there is no politician's face on that flag image you posted, and you provided no context to that image either.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Where I come from - A man is only as good as his WORD! & one photo is worth 1000 words

Jesus said: by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned

Old 05-14-2012, 02:08 PM

474 posts, read 601,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Obama's life story is amazing. His father, Barack Sr. was flown to the USA to attend college due to a college scholarship and a plane ticket given to him, because of a federal program created by the the John F Kennedy administration. His parents met, fell and love and were inspired by that famous march in Selma, Alabama, to have a child, and that child became Barack Obama Jr. Our president, Barack Obama loves this nation, loves American values, and respects "the light of opportunity" that lead his father to cross an ocean, and come to our nation, and Obama was inspired by the US flag that was draped over his father's coffin.

How could anyone not believe that a man with such an amazing life story as Barack Obama, does not deserve another term as president of this country?
You are kidding...right? Obama's father was asked to leave Harvard after he could not prove he was married to Obama's mother. Check your facts.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:18 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Obama's father was kicked out of Harvard for having too many wives!

Ever hear of: Like father like son ? Each was a proven LIAR!

Now that's an amazing story to publish! NO marriage license - No divorce papers

Everything about this impostor is : full faith & credit!! ONLY! I.E. an Undocumented worker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies