Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Sounds like it, or maybe just the fact that someone is having sex, period?
Is that all the come back you have? Lame.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:35 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,852,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/arc...9/nov/09110909#

U.K. Homosexualist Group: Public Sex is an Important Part of Gay Community

Most communities know when they read the paper their public parks are watched by police and they need to break up gay men when they try to take parks over for their partying. No not good PR at all.
First of all, sex in public places is not the same as public sex.

Second of all, the gay community has a tradition of such places because in many places it is the only safe way for gay men to safely meet. If a man risks violence or his standing in the community by being seen with another man in social settings, he's still going to find a way to have sex...just like any human with a sex drive. So by necessity he may be reduced to doing so in the most anonymous way possible.

You want to reduce this practice? Support laws and attitudes that make it possible for gay men to safely meet and maintain relationships. Or even to safely meet and have one night stands, without the risk of violence if another man is seen living their home.

And third of all (for good measure), you're still judging the actions of an entire group by the actions of some.

"I can see why people are wary of blacks, what with all the murders and drug use I hear about in their community. It's not good PR, you know."

Old 05-20-2012, 09:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
This goes on in our country, ever heard of San Francisco? They even have a naked restaurant in the gay community there. Will people be able to keep it in the gay community when it will be accepted that gay people can have restaurants in the public square? Gay militants want this to go on everywhere and accepted everywhere. Any place they want it to be.
The scare tactics are ridiculous. If you don't like naked restaurants, then don't patronize them.

Your vilification of homosexuals indicates a high level of fear and bigotry.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:59 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/arc...9/nov/09110909#

U.K. Homosexualist Group: Public Sex is an Important Part of Gay Community

Most communities know when they read the paper their public parks are watched by police and they need to break up gay men when they try to take parks over for their partying. No not good PR at all.
Life site news is a biased right wing organization known for spreading propaganda and misinformation....Not credible...Do you have a link to an unbiased credible site you wish to share?

Old 05-20-2012, 10:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
How 'bout maybe just a 'bromance'

Old 05-22-2012, 01:56 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Is that all the come back you have? Lame.
Actually, what is lame here is attempting to control others morality.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
This goes on in our country, ever heard of San Francisco? They even have a naked restaurant in the gay community there. Will people be able to keep it in the gay community when it will be accepted that gay people can have restaurants in the public square? Gay militants want this to go on everywhere and accepted everywhere. Any place they want it to be.
Why is it, exactly, that your posts seem to be obsessed with others sex lives?
So what if someone wants to eat dinner at a naked restaurant?
Nobodys forcing you to go to it.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:01 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Why is it, exactly, that your posts seem to be obsessed with others sex lives?
So what if someone wants to eat dinner at a naked restaurant?
Nobodys forcing you to go to it.

I really don't understand what the big fear is of the human body in general.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I really don't understand what the big fear is of the human body in general.
Its gotta be a throwback to that Puritan mindset, thats the only thing I can figure out.
You know, the whole "sex is only for procreation, pleasure is sinful" thing.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:24 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Its gotta be a throwback to that Puritan mindset, thats the only thing I can figure out.
You know, the whole "sex is only for procreation, pleasure is sinful" thing.

I have a step uncle who is a Baptist minister. My step aunt (bless her heart as she is a sweet lady) wears long skirts and, well... looks like a puritan. He believes that it is an abomination for women to wear jeans, shorts, or anything that is form fitting or shows a woman's legs in any way. For years this guy wouldn't come to family gatherings because there were going to be smokers, and drinkers there, as well as women wearing slacks. Talk about nutty. I believe in God, but I also believe in comfort (believe it or not it does get hot in Cleveland too). Why should God care what one wears, or doesn't wear to church or in everyday life? The way I look at it, is I'm aknowledging God, worshipping, ect.... so WTF? If you're a believer, isn't that the most important thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies