Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:12 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,098,948 times

Advertisements

Water for a tourist site or water for the Yuma valley iwhere a lot of our vegetables are grown in the winter.......schools. Water for swimming pools for senior citizens or water for growing food.

AZ and the Colorado River are not designed to accomadate the vast number of transplants there. Its common sense. People just don't like common sense because its an inconvenience to them.

After 4 years in AZ, I've learned that most AZ residents are transplants who are too lay to
deal with the long winters and too cheap to pay for anything. If you want water, move to a place that has it. Its what would've been done 100 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 04:36 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post

... AZ and the Colorado River are not designed to accomadate the vast number of transplants there. Its common sense. People just don't like common sense because its an inconvenience to them.
Spot on. Just like the folks who live in tornado ally or those who live along the river basins. Every year we see reporters pushing microphones into the faces of disheveled folks just to hear "we will rebuild". These folks expect the unexpected. And it almost never happens.

I never read the OP's links. I never will. Simply because he insists that no one can have an opinion unless they do. But I could guess the article complains that the President is responsible for droughts and/or a town in the desert is arid and somehow the President is to blame.

Typical.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:37 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,214,216 times
Default "whistle me up a memory"

The feds want to control everything in the name of everyone at the sacrifice of a few that make up the all after we are divided and conquered.

Tombstone territory song

Tombstone Territory - YouTube

Old 05-19-2012, 05:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Where's Tomstone?
Next to Dickstone and Harrystone?

Old 05-19-2012, 08:16 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Spot on. Just like the folks who live in tornado ally or those who live along the river basins. Every year we see reporters pushing microphones into the faces of disheveled folks just to hear "we will rebuild". These folks expect the unexpected. And it almost never happens.

I never read the OP's links. I never will. Simply because he insists that no one can have an opinion unless they do. But I could guess the article complains that the President is responsible for droughts and/or a town in the desert is arid and somehow the President is to blame.

Typical.
Or places that NOW have droughts and can't deal with them like Georgia? Maybe the Midwest when they have an epic winter and are in real trouble? Sheesh!

We in Arizona pretty much have to only deal with heat and or fires. Oh, I forgot, many places in the US with nasty winters also have that like the Carolinas and Minnesota. Chicago had a heat wave a few years back that killed 100's of people.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:27 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
This is from a reputable source, CNN, apart from the biased source the OP posts from.

Quote:
The city sits in the desert but gets most of its water from springs in the Huachuca Mountains. Some of the springs are in a wilderness area protected by the U.S. Forest Service. From the Huachucas, the water runs 26 miles east to Tombstone through one of the longest gravity-fed water systems in the country.

Tombstone's water line was damaged in last year's massive Monument fire. The city says the feds are blocking emergency repairs that are critical to its survival.

In court papers, lawyers for the federal government say there's no emergency. Instead, they contend, Tombstone is using the fire's aftermath as an excuse to "upgrade and improve" its water system.

Kathleen Nelson, the acting ranger in charge of the Coronado National Forest, says the Forest Service has been letting Tombstone do some work, as long as it complies with the 1964 Wilderness Act.
Rangers say the Wilderness Act prohibits "motorized" or "mechanized" equipment because it might damage the wilderness and disturb endangered species. The conversation showed how far apart the city and the rangers had grown, and how frustrated the city felt in following federal rules.
This has nothing to do with Obama, the usual scapegoat in the OP's threads. It's an issue of what the laws now states.

As conservatives here always seem to crow, the government can't ignore the law when they want to. This is the consequence of following the letter of the law.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:38 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,214,216 times
"This has nothing to do with Obama, the usual scapegoat in the OP's threads. It's an issue of what the laws now states."

That's the plan, worked for the mob, the boss was always insulated from the hits he ordered.

Obama's regulatory agencies by pass the elected representatives* of the people and establish rules. EPA is the worst offender under the realm of Cass Sunstein czar of info and reg affairs.

*Obama rails against the SCOTUS over ruling the elected representatives of the people to invalidate obamacare while over ruling the elected representatives of the people to pass obamacare.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:41 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
"This has nothing to do with Obama, the usual scapegoat in the OP's threads. It's an issue of what the laws now states."

That's the plan, worked for the mob, the boss was always insulated from the hits he ordered.

Obama's regulatory agencies by pass the elected representatives* of the people and establish rules. EPA is the worst offender under the realm of Cass Sunstein czar of info and reg affairs.

*Obama rails against the SCOTUS over ruling the elected representatives of the people to invalidate obamacare while over ruling the elected representatives of the people to pass obamacare.
NEWS FLASH: Obama didn't invent the Forestry Service.

He didn't invent the EPA either, which isn't involved with this issue.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:02 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post

Typical.
I am sure that you will never have an inkling of the fact that that great President you like so well is involved very heavily in the attempts to kill the Constitution of the US and that the removal of the 10th Amendment would be more important to the people wanting this than any other amendment. Of course, you never read any of my links and will remain ignorant of how the problem of water for Tombstone is so heavily related to what they want to do to us.

Hey, thanks for not reading my links. Too many of them are aimed at educating people like you in what is going on so make sure you keep that left leaning brain of your from knowing what is coming.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:04 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Next to Dickstone and Harrystone?
Another ignorant member of the left lean has tuned in to demonstrate that ignorance. Ain't it something!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies