Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 12:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Homosexuality is a neutral condition it creates nothing, it is stagnation.
But unlike heterosexuality, homosexuality can NOT lead to an abortion, which is GOOD!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I don't rely on YouTube testimonial videos for my position on homosexuality or any point of view I might form.

Scholarly, scientific papers are far better in my opinion.
So no amount of science, unless it's anti-human, can prevent people of the same sex from being attracted to each other, falling in love and wanting to marry.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What a baseless argument. What if a mother dies or abandons her kids and leaves them with just their father? Those kids are destined to a lousy imbalanced life? What a sack of manure!''

There are female role models in teachers, friend's moms, aunts, grandmas, exteneded familes, etc. The same holds true for the two dad families.
Some super good points there!

Old 05-22-2012, 01:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Where's the dad in single mom households? The dad may not even be around to pay child support. People who have good sense can see this is a lot more important to worry about.

By the way there's probably a lot more videos on youtube of grown children from same sex households revealing it was a good experience for them than not.
There are plenty of young females who most definitely would have been better off had they been raised with a father in the home, just as there are young males who would have been better developed if they had a father in the home.

A mother can't do it all, she may try, and some may succeed, but the majority of children from single parent homes aren't all that well adjusted.

And yes, there are families where there's dysfunction, I'm not talking about children who come from homes where there was Mom and Dad and there was dysfunction.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
You're a bigot for calling me a bigot. You throw around words like hate and prejudice very easily.

I am allowed to have a point of view even if it conflicts with yours.

My opinion is homosexuality is a dysfunction of psycho sexual development.

Your opinion is that it's normal.
Excuse me for vocalizing my dislike of the ignorance, bigotry, and hatred you and your ilk direct at me - it gets a little aggravating at times.

Today alone I've been called abnormal, sinful, deviant, and an abomination (I'm amazing I haven't been called a *** or a ***** yet - I usually see that on here a few times a days) - I've been told that I was molested even if I don't remember it, I've been told I'm suffering from a mental disorder, I've been told I chose to be gay, I've been branded a worthless drain on society, I've been told I harm society, I've been told I harm children and should never be allowed around them, I've been told that if I raised a child I couldn't do it right and it would result in kids with mental disorders...........

I consider that much worse than me calling out the people who say that stuff as what they are - ignorant, hateful, prejudiced bigots. If you consider hurling all that garbage at me simply a disagreement or a conflict in views, then why can't you simply consider the the stuff I hurl back a disagreement or a conflict in views?

Last edited by hammertime33; 05-22-2012 at 01:21 PM..

Old 05-22-2012, 01:11 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,445,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes and no.

The experience of growing up a heterosexual is important since most kids are also heterosexual. The best situation is two heterosexual parents, but race is irrelevant because kids can be raised by parents of another race and be no more dysfunctional that the culture they are raised in.
Then why is the Foster Care system over burdened with African American kids that they can't place in white homes?

Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM

33,557 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
I don't rely on YouTube testimonial videos for my position on homosexuality or any point of view I might form.

Scholarly, scientific papers are far better in my opinion.
Yet you ignore any and all of those that don't support your bigotry....

Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
The government issues licenses for couples to marry.

So the government by law defines what marriage is. They can't be under a certain age (without parental consent), people used to be required to have a blood test to marry to make sure they weren't marrying a family member, or had a disease.
So you couldn't disagree with government making it illegal for marriage between Caucasian/White and Blacks, because (after all) it is the authority and designated with the power to do so. Right?

Old 05-22-2012, 01:39 PM

33,557 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And I'm not saying that children are better off with gay parents. But they certainly aren't worse off, which seems to be the position others take in this thread.

A child in foster care is certainly much better off in a stable gay home, then living in the system and feeding off of tax payers for 18 years.
I believe that adopted children are indeed better off in a same sex family, mainly because they are far more stable...

Same sex marriage has been legal in Denmark since 1989, 23 years.The divorce rate among Danish homosexuals is only 17 percent, compared to 46 percent for heterosexuals.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:40 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Excuse me for vocalizing my dislike of the ignorance, bigotry, and hatred you and your ilk direct at me - it gets a little aggravating at times.

Today alone I've been called abnormal, sinful, deviant, and an abomination (I'm amazing I haven't been called a *** or a ***** yet - I usually see that on here a few times a days) - I've been told that I was molested even if I don't remember it, I've been told I'm suffering from a mental disorder, I've been told I chose to be gay, I've been branded a worthless drain on society, I've been told I harm society, I've been told I harm children and should never be allowed around them, I've been told that if I raised a child I couldn't do it right and it would result in kids with mental disorders...........

I consider that much worse than me calling out the people who say that stuff as what they are - ignorant, hateful, prejudiced bigots. If you consider hurling all that garbage at me simply a disagreement or a conflict in views, then why can't you simply consider the the stuff I hurl back a disagreement or a conflict in views?
Don'tcha know, the name calling on this forum can only go one way! They can call us abhorrent, deviant drug-abusing pedophiles all day long, as long as we don't respond at all. If we respond, somehow we're the ones being inappropriate.

At least that's according to what I've read here these past couple weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies