Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 10:38 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times

Advertisements

I saw Bigfoot last month buying Cheetos and a Dr. Pepper at the Love's Truck Stop by Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 10:58 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times

Mitch Hedberg Big Foot Joke - YouTube

Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
OP I have lived in the PNW my whole life... Been camping all over B.C. and Westren Washington... taken my 4x4 into some pretty remote places and seen alot of Bears, Coyotes, Deer, Racoon and tons of diffrent types of birds from Bald Eagles to Whiskey Jacks but have not seen any sign that Bigfoot exists or met someone that could prove bigfoot Exists...

But up here we do cash in on Bigfoot being more of a tourist trap to sell overpriced T-shirts and coffee mugs tho'...

If you want to look up another local PNW Myth/Ledgend look up Ogopogo which is supposed to live in Okanagen lake which feeds into the Columbia River...
There were rumors of a chimp the size of a human for more than one hundred years. it wasn't until 2007 that there was any hard evidence of it. Yet, it was there all along. In the past year, there have been more than a thousand new species found and cataloged. And, we don't have them all yet.

It is entirely possible for a species to remain our of sight except for rare, chance meetings. I'm afraid I've seen pictures of evidence that would take far more knowledge than the average hoaxter would realize. I can't say that they actually do exist, but I sure can not say that they don't exist either.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:05 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Like Ufo's I do believe it's healthy to entertain such mysteries- takes us out of our box of arrogance.

I personally would LOVE to see the day a real bigfoot is discovered or found-

Ive never been to china or seen it-but I do believe it exists

go back in time to the millions who witness an eclipse, and didnt have a clue what it was-were they wrong? (when they tried to explain to others that didnt see or believe it) when they made up thier own explanations? technically, yes, (many blamed the gods)
but thru the 1,00's that say they have seen a bigfoot, are they all wrong??? maybe, but to the ones that really believe they actually saw one, who am I to say they are wrong???
who am I to say they didnt see what they thought they did?

belief systems and reality is very fluid, not the same for all, and not the same for any two alike
I believe ive seen and smelled ghosts, and seen 3 ufo's.
I wasnt looking for any of these, and was a true sleptic of anything "unknown"
now- ive matured to get over the right and wrong, life is a prism of views and knowlege and experience-
but never lose the wonder of discovery-learning something new- believing in something you cant see
A world of strict tangables can be a dark world

Old 05-26-2012, 05:38 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
I saw Bigfoot last month buying Cheetos and a Dr. Pepper at the Love's Truck Stop by Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma.
Was Elvis with him?

Old 05-26-2012, 06:37 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Hmmm. I have to admit that I don't believe in the existence of a north american man ape since it would have been discovered long ago or we would have found fossils or remians of it.
But I also can't say I dismiss every single report of encounters with strange creatures resembling hairy men of varying sizes, from small to giant.
I've thought that it could possibly be of something other than a natural creature. The old stories of the giants of the bible, the results of angels having bred with human beings. Nephilim, I think they're called. Weren't they supposed to be cast out to the wastes? Maybe they're descendants of these beings. They'd be as smart or smarter than man and might be able to keep their presence a secret. I say maybe, anything is possible. I've heard wild stories about them being aliens. Or lemurians. I like those storie seven if I don't really believe them. But anything is possible.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:44 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
I think it's possible an Asian Yeti type creature exists, but as far as a North American bigfoot? Nope, no way. People have been looking for this thing for years, and there hasn't been one credible photo, bone, or other evidence produced. Just a bunch of suspect witness accounts and faked photos and footprints.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:39 AM

106 posts, read 241,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I think it's possible an Asian Yeti type creature exists, but as far as a North American bigfoot? Nope, no way. People have been looking for this thing for years, and there hasn't been one credible photo, bone, or other evidence produced. Just a bunch of suspect witness accounts and faked photos and footprints.
Speaking of Yeti, unlike Bigfoot, they are considered as a fact that they do exist by locals, just like a fox exist out there. In North America, most people living near "Bigfoot areas" question it, but not in the "Yeti areas," they totally know these beings are out there.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:29 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
We can't say that something doesn't exist. We can say its not known to man. This is the same with God also. No one can say that God doesn't exist, but you can't say he does either.

Saying one has a million dollars in the bank is not always a real statement. You don't believe it when entering a business deal, unless they have records to prove it.

Bigfoot and Yeti could exist. Its not likely, lets look at the evidence. Just like God could exist, but most peoples definition of "God" is highly unlikely to exist from the evidence in the world.

Doesn't mean you are wrong for believing in Bigfoot, or God, or unicorns, just means you shouldn't tell people they are wrong for not believing in them.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:06 AM

106 posts, read 241,538 times
Why is it so hard to believe that, after thousands of sightings, that some intelligent human-ape like creatures, who obviously don't want to be found, exist in thousands of acres of un-explored forests?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies