Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 04:59 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,532,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
There is no magic pill to cure things like this. What works for some won't work for others. Shrinks may help some and not others. That is the problem with the entire depression/suicide treatment in my view. They just throw pills at folks and sometimes make things even worse. Do the same thing to children now and then wonder why kids kill themselves all the time too.
No Sir, not a pill but there is a "silver bullet" that has been discovered. I use the civilian version of it, and will never stop! Can even do it driving once familiar with it, in its sheer simplicity. It's what I posted about in post #22, I think it was, on this thread.

After that terrorism went-down at Ft. Hood someone phoned from that base and said "give us all ya got" in essence. The poor office only had a thousand, as i recall so they agreed that they'd send that thousand and the folks on the receiving end would agree to make 5 copies, each.

The 82nd. Airborne heard about it a couple of years ago, and ordered several thousand copies, and the report I got was that they called again, asking for a thousand more.

This is *THE* treatment of all treatments and yet it isn't a "treatment" but becomes a way of life.

I lost 160lbs. in the seventies and still am not fat or obese, again. Not bragging....I attribute this to ONE thing....the mental stillness that I practice, usually more than once a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 05:13 PM

66 posts, read 69,541 times
The way they are treated when they return home doesn't help. The same could be said about the jobs they may get after discharge. I'd give a thousand dollars to see a day when some Lib or other anti American civilian didn't rub salt in the wound. It's a real problem and is most likely never going to be addressed or fixed. They are tired of running. They are tired of fighting. Zip your lip because they don't need any of your **** today too! The difficulty meter pegs into the red. It's a miracle they are still breathing. Why are you trying to push them over the edge even further? Lucky for most, your lame attempts at giving them a piece of your mind are laughable to anyone who's been in hell and made it out. It's your turn next Mr. or Mrs. loudmouth!

Old 05-26-2012, 05:26 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,552,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
No, but all are aware of the mission, which is to destroy human lives. Generally, that's what armed forces do. The boot camp training kind of clues you in to that. But of course, you've been there, so you should know.
Oh yeah, I sure got that in my Navy Bootcamp in Orlando when we were training to fight fire and flooding. Through my entire 8 years in the Navy I touched and fired a gun one time in bootcamp and never touched a weapon ever again. I sure trained for combat while working in the engine room of a Navy ship. Those Navy cooks and desk clerks were just gung-ho to get into combat. One Air Force base I visited had some real combat ready airmen. They were hard at work training from behind the enlisted club bar mixing drinks. Try again skippy.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,552,507 times
For those vets Who have PTSD and also have an iPhone (or their relatives has an iPhone) the VA has a PTSD app to help with symptoms. It isn't a replacement for counseling treatments. It to help deal with PTSD until you can get into counseling sessions and inbetween sessions. It's very relaxing and really does help.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:35 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,196,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Why not ask: Does America care?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Oh yeah, I sure got that in my Navy Bootcamp in Orlando when we were training to fight fire and flooding. Through my entire 8 years in the Navy I touched and fired a gun one time in bootcamp and never touched a weapon ever again. I sure trained for combat while working in the engine room of a Navy ship. Those Navy cooks and desk clerks were just gung-ho to get into combat. One Air Force base I visited had some real combat ready airmen. They were hard at work training from behind the enlisted club bar mixing drinks. Try again skippy.

BEAUTIFUL post!

Yeah, the main goal of a military force is the SHOW OF STRENGTH so that hopefully we don't have to USE it.
Same thing SHOULD be in our communities. Make it clear that many homes are armed, and hope to never need said weapons.

It is mere psychology 101 that the impression/appearance of strength deters crime.

Yes, we are aware that we have presidents that are using our military in war type of actions.

Let's salute all of the years that we had no war actions, or very, very little.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:54 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,740,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Why not ask: Does America care?

feel free to do a thread about it..

i say>> we should get the hell out of all the stupid wars we start, best prevenative way to curb the deaths associated with war suicides or other..

Old 05-26-2012, 05:58 PM

This weekend of all weekends, it REALLY is

"about the warriors, not the wars."

This song drives the point home, and no one can erase the truths that it was our warrriors at the founding of our nation that handed us this nation, full of light, integrity and true freedom.

Wounded Warrior Project: Trace Adkins and the West Point Cadet Glee Club - YouTube

Old 05-26-2012, 09:21 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,544,230 times
We lose more vets to suicide than to being killed in combat. The reasons they kill themselves are because of the horror they have been exposed to, and the guilt they feel for being thrown into a maelstrom created by rich, white males in the U.S. government who are shielded from the resulting death and destruction that accompanies all wars.

Americans are also carefully shielded from the costs. But not all of us.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:55 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
You don't know the reasons why. Somebody could have killed themselves because their wife just ran off with somebody. May have nothing to do with war or being a vet. Lumping it all together doesn't help solve any problems. Just like saying a guy has a heart attack and they ask did he smoke and bingo smoking kills another one when it could have been completely from something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies