Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 12:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can't help wondering where all this concern for the misuse of abortions was back when forced sterilizations of minority women were the rage.
Perhaps you can remind us when that actually happened. I don't recall forced sterilizations of minority women anytime during my lifetime. Unless you can prove that this has any relevance to current events, as discussed in the OP, I don't understand why you even brought it up. Perhaps deflection away from a topic that even you find disgusting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 12:21 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Terminating a pregnancy based on gender...that's ok with the Left?
It's not my pregnancy. It's not my decision.

Would I terminate a pregnancy based on gender alone? No.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Well, that was quick;

Planned Parenthood fires staffer in Live Action video « Hot Air

If nothing, nothing at all is wrong with this practice, WHY was she fired?

Old 05-29-2012, 12:24 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,545,084 times
Quote:
Medicare fraud?

The War on Baby Girls: Part 1 - Undercover in Texas - YouTube

Another undercover sting operation.....but this is horrific.

Video sting shows complicity in 'sex-selective' abortions | The Daily Caller

Our tax dollars are going to pay for this radical abortion provider?

This is truly amazing....disgusting...criminal.......and part of the democrat platform.
Why do you still continue to lie. Your tax dollars DO NOT fund any abortions. Quit lieing, it really tells alot of you if you are willng to lie to get your point across. And as far as selective abortions, if thats what a woman wants, then that is her right not yours to say.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
WHY was she fired?
Violating company policy?

Just because I don't see a problem with a person choosing to abort because of gender doesn't mean that what the staffer did was within the regulations and company practices of Planned Parenthood.

I don't see a problem with wearing jeans to an office that doesn't deal directly with the public, but where I work has a business casual dress-code. I could be sent home if I wore jeans on a day that wasn't Casual Friday. Repeatedly could probably get me fired.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:32 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,545,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Perhaps you can remind us when that actually happened. I don't recall forced sterilizations of minority women anytime during my lifetime. Unless you can prove that this has any relevance to current events, as discussed in the OP, I don't understand why you even brought it up. Perhaps deflection away from a topic that even you find disgusting?
Google is your friend. Women and Global Human Rights

Old 05-29-2012, 12:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Google is your friend. Women and Global Human Rights
Right, but how does this have any relevance to the OP? Further, how many people can you round up who actively support Eugenics and Nazi concentration camps?

I'd reconcile NONE. That's why the point is moot, deflective, and generally of no substantial contribution. All it did was provide an opportunity for the poster to avoid discussing a topic that most humans deplore.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,277 times
I simply don't understand this mindset:

Aborting a developing human life
It's the mother's decision and none of my business.

Spanking a misbehaving child
The mother should be punished and it's absolutely my business.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:54 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Violating company policy?

Just because I don't see a problem with a person choosing to abort because of gender doesn't mean that what the staffer did was within the regulations and company practices of Planned Parenthood.

I don't see a problem with wearing jeans to an office that doesn't deal directly with the public, but where I work has a business casual dress-code. I could be sent home if I wore jeans on a day that wasn't Casual Friday. Repeatedly could probably get me fired.
Well, just like in corporate america, there are sometimes unwritten policies or situations where company policy is A but they are forcing employees to meet sales goals or turning a blind eye to actions. When caught, they of course disavow any company culture, knowledge etc etc etc.

Sometimes it's a rouge employee, sometimes it's unspoken culture, sometimes a bit of both.....

Old 05-29-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I simply don't understand this mindset:

Aborting a developing human life
It's the mother's decision and none of my business.

Spanking a misbehaving child
The mother should be punished and it's absolutely my business.
Spanking a child for discipline? I have no problems with. Different parenting methods work for different parents and children.

Abusing and beating a child (punching, kicking, etc)? Different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies