Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 08:12 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have not spread any misinformation.
Yes you have. You continue to claim being gay is a choice, which has been proven incorrect. You continue to claim the Bible condemns gays, which is incorrect, seeing as gay was a foreign concept in Biblical days and your understanding of the Bible is deeply flawed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Q- What State by vote of the people has ever allowed it?

A- None
What state by vote allowed interracial marriage? None. 96% of Americans opposed it.

That's why we're not a democracy. The will of stupid people should not dictate the rights of others.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Of course to go against the stated will of the People once again.

Society has a right to determine it's standards and it has but some don't like that.
There is no Will of the People on this issue. We're not a direct democracy. The people don't vote on Civil Rights.

But what does the Will of the People have to do with JCPenney? It's a private company who can do what they want.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:17 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Remove "hater", "hypocrite", "bigot", and "homophobe" from their vocabulary and they're speechless.
Not at all. How about:

"willfully ignorant", "misinformed", "deceitful","dishonest", "prejudiced", "indoctrinated", "irrational", "perverse", "emotionally disturbed", "mentally disturbed", "delusional", "intolerant", "illogical", "uneducated", "extremist", "fanatic", "dogmatic", "xenophobic", "malevolent", "venomous", "despicable", "malignant", "despicable" "rancorous", "nasty", "intransigent", "dense", "nonsensical", "ludicrous", "unloving", "unaccepting", "judgemental", "self-righteous", "un-Christlike", ...

Or if you want to get Biblical: "Pharisee", "Blind fools!", "Brood of Vipers!" (Matthew 23)

Last edited by Ceist; 06-02-2012 at 08:43 AM..

Old 06-02-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Nobody has scientific proof that you are born gay. No gay gene has been found to date
More willful ignorance from the gay haters.

Psychiatry and LGB people

It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by genetic factors (Mustanski et al, 2005) and/or the early uterine environment (Blanchard et al. 2006). Sexual orientation is therefore not a choice, though sexual behaviour clearly is.

Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex - life - 16 June 2008 - New Scientist

Brain scans have provided the most compelling evidence yet that being gay or straight is a biologically fixed trait.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:28 AM

716 posts, read 558,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
It is merely your opinion that they "made their own bed", and so it is an unjustifiable stand to not care about their rights. For all you know, they chose homosexuality to the same extent that you chose heterosexuality. If you were to ever discover that homosexuality wasn't something you chose, you'd feel like a royal jerk, wouldn't you?

And as I already said, even the debate over whether it's natural/innate or not is pointless. We all do hundreds of things each day that are not natural. So why is it okay to type on a keyboard? It all has to do with harm/risk vs neutrality/benefit. Since no one here can point out something harmful about homosexuality in and of itself, it is hence immoral to insist that homosexuality is wrong. You are wanting to limit freedoms with no good reason. Immoral behavior at its finest.
Part of my freedom is not seeing two dudes smooching in the paper when I open it. If they want that freedom, I want to see naked women right next to them. As long as we're going for "shock value" here, you might as well do it right and turn us straight men on while attempting it. Yeah I know, "Joseph" might not like that all us other men get what we want. Too bad, wait your turn Joe! LMAO

Old 06-02-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you don't understand the anger, then you are most likely part of the immoral gay agenda. Homosexual behavior is a sin.
Where do you see any "immoral" "sinful" "homosexual behavior" in this ad with two loving dads and their kids?

Old 06-02-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBandit View Post
Part of my freedom is not seeing two dudes smooching in the paper when I open it.
There is no freedom to not be offended by what other people do.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:36 AM

716 posts, read 558,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
There is no freedom to not be offended by what other people do.
Do what you want to yourselves in your own bedroom. I don't have to look at it. When I have to look around two gay guys to see what I'm after in the bras and panties section, I don't like that! I'm sure many of the straight women don't want to see it either. It kind of puts them out in a way. Here's this company that thinks two men look better than "ME" "US". Not to me honey!!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I have no problem with gays but to advertise it like that is not right. Keeping children ignorant of the fact does not breed a misunderstanding. Children have it hard enough growing up, why make it more confusing for them. If they are in fact gay let them figure it out themselves. With all this blatent advertising children may get the wrong message and start to wonder about their own sexuality even if there wasnt a problem to begin with. What happened to traditional family values?
If your gay your gay but let it happen naturally, dont try to sprinkle your rainbow over everyone.
It's ignorance that breeds confusion....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies