Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 07:42 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
And obama is a black supremacist along with van jones, .
How so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 07:55 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
A stunning lack of logic, reason, and rational analysis in this thread. Hmmm...I wonder why?

Old 06-02-2012, 08:05 PM

552 posts, read 738,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
never mind the fact that the late senator robert byrd was a grand dragon of the KKK.
Yes but that was in the 50's, and he renounced his past. He served this country and my state for almost his whole life into his 90's. He did more to fight poverty then any other politician that I can think of, yes his past was messed up but not sure why the right always points to this. For good sakes he was born in 1917.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:06 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Where i have I made that argument? You can search through every post I've made on this forum and you won't find anything of that nature.

Now lets look at who does think they can't be the best qualified. I say:

You reply:

Whether you realize it or not, the implication of your post is that they can't be the best qualified hence the reason you support diversity.

You either are or are not hiring the best qualified for job. Being black is not a qualification.
Geesh thecoalman, you have made the argument by posting rhetorical questions! Do you know what an inference is or do you need me to post the definition for you? When you ask the same question over and over again and ignore the answers what is everyone to expect? Your agenda is to lead the conversation towards your pre decided conclusion. That will not work with me! You can continue to ask if everyone is for the best-qualified candidate or not and you will get nowhere. The inference in your question points to the misguided opinion that one qualified person is better then the next qualified person. Everything is not black and white, a yes or no, an up or down, a left or right. Complex problems require complex solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman
What I have said is anyone suggesting we need to hire people based on race is them implying they aren't qualified.
Quote:
The people in this discussion who's arguments would imply that minorities could not be the best qualified is those supporting hiring them based on their skin color.
Quote:
So if you're in a plane like the one that went into the Hudson you wouldn't care if number 100 was the pilot as opposed that pilot who was one of the most qualified in the nation to handle that situation?

To say you don;t want the very best person available to do a job is pure nonsense.
Quote:
You're either are or are not hiring based on skin color.
Quote:
what other conclusion am I to draw other that you expect minorities to be hired based on the color of their skin?
Quote:
your position is I'm wrong to expect that the best qualified teachers are hired regardless of race and you would lower those expectations to insure minorities are hired?

Old 06-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
A stunning lack of logic, reason, and rational analysis in this thread. Hmmm...I wonder why?
Maybe it has to due with comprehension.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:29 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Do you know what an inference is or do you need me to post the definition for you?
Sure do and I can give you a great example. When someone has the opinion that the best qualified should be hired and another suggests that minorities should be hired that may not be the best qualified to maintain diversity the inference is they think the minorities are not amongst the best qualified.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:29 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
See this is how conservatives argue AA. "Well the best candidate should get the job so if the one who gets the job or promotion is not white they were not the best qualified"
What's sad is that, when presented with a successful, intelligent and capable man like Colin Powell who talks about his gratitude for AA, they throw him under the bus: "Well, he's a RINO." No, he's a walking example of what can be achieved with a level playing field. How sad that his years of service to this country can be dismissed so lightly, and the advantages of AA with it.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i dont like hate groups of any color. but to say they dont exist outside the wasp community is a grave error and i am not just referring to AA.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 06-02-2012 at 09:15 PM..

Old 06-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
We have a racist President...who cares?
Obama loves white people.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont like hate groups of any color. but to say they dont exist outside the wasp community is a grave error and i am not jut referring to AA.
Who has said that? I just double checked the post and couldn't find anything similar to what you're saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies