Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 06:54 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,488,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Baloney. The church has lost the trust of it's people, and with good reason. THAT's the problem.
That's wrong.

The people have lost trust in the Lord. And not for good reason.

This Left wing assault on Catholicism will not stop Christians from believing.

No matter how badly you want Christianity to be seen as the enemy of the Progressive Utopia you strive for, it will not go away.

To get your way, you will have to kill them first.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:56 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,379,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are they after the Baptists too ?
Just the Westboro Baptists.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:57 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,618,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
That's wrong.

No matter how badly you want Christianity to be seen as the enemy of the Progressive Utopia you strive for, it will not go away.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So you think Catholics are not Christians? Why in the world do you think that?
Did I say "Catholics are not Christians"? No, I didn't, did I?

I said, "Catholics are not necessarily Christians." And I'll stand by that statement. The fact that some priest threw some water on your head when you were a baby does NOT make you a Christian.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
To say that Catholics are not necessarily Christians is blatantly false.
Wrong. It is 100% true. Absolutely, completely, undeniably true.

There are a lot of people - probably millions - who on paper are Catholic, but they are in no way shape or form Christian. Period.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:01 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,511,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
That's wrong.

Hahaha

8,299 posts, read 8,618,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Did I say "Catholics are not Christians"? No, I didn't, did I?

I said, "Catholics are not necessarily Christians." And I'll stand by that statement. The fact that some priest threw some water on your head when you were a baby does NOT make you a Christian.
That's only the first of the three Sacraments of Initiation in the Catholic Church. No Catholic thinks that Baptism alone makes one a Catholic. Please don't speak about the practices of Catholicism if you don't know and/or understand them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles45 View Post
There isn't, of course. Nor is there an organization that represents all Protestants, or all public schools. They're all off the hook. Meanwhile the Catholic Church, because of her size and because of her unity, is the easiest possible target.
The "size and unity" of the Catholic Church is not the problem. It's the hypocrisy, the lies, the covering up of pedophilia, etc. THAT is what people hate about the RCC.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that. The crimes of Catholic clergy are obviously central to the problem. The world holds the Church to a much higher standard, and it should. That's something we have to live with.
The world is not holding the Catholic Church to a higher standard! The Catholic Church has been complicit in hiding and perpetrating heinous crimes for CENTURIES! Is that not reason enough for people - especially non-Christians - to be FURIOUS?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:06 PM

27,704 posts, read 16,198,210 times
Quote:
The signs are everywhere. From the boldly anti-Catholic HHS mandate that would have been unthinkable just ten years ago, to the rash of church vandalisms in California, the the forced closing of Catholic social agencies in Massachusetts and Illinois, to the silencing of Catholic chaplains in the U.S. military, to the explosion of hate crimes in Europe, etc. etc. - anti-Catholicism, it seems, is furiously on the rise.

85% of hate crimes in Europe against Christians

Anti-Catholicism pervasive in U.S. media

U.K. threatens to force clergy to perform same-sex marriages

The subtext behind liberal modernity - sometimes conscious, sometimes unconscious - has always been that of rebellion against the Catholic Church. That rebellion is entering its full bloom. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

On a related note, the epic film "For Greater Glory" opened in the United States yesterday. Don't miss it.

For Greater Glory Trailer Official 2012 [1080 HD] - Andy Garcia, Eva Longoria - YouTube
Looks like some people are ok with these hate crimes when they too hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.