Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 02:05 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I've heard KC is one of the best places to watch an NFL game! Not to mention you have quite a rep for tailgating, I wouldn't mind going there someday. Oakland on the other hand is another place, I wouldn't want to show up to in Browns gear.

And to North Pearson, I don't know what the rest of the mumble jumble was, but no.... it's the CLEVELAND BROWNS! Art Modell was ordered to leave the name, history, colors, and all records associated with the Browns in Cleveland! The Ravens are their own team, as are the Browns.
Yep it's a good time. As far as the poster who said banning acholol it simply isn't possible. You show up around 9 and fire up the grill and get ripped before you go into the game if that's your poison. Hell beer costs to damn much to buy in the stadium anyway. Smuggle in a bottle of cap'n to keep ya warm.

What's your opinion of Brady Quinn? I don't think he got a real shot in Cleveland. Injuries played a part. Then in Denver he got swept away with Tebowmania. Hell KC has Hillis, Quinn and Romeo now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yep it's a good time. As far as the poster who said banning acholol it simply isn't possible. You show up around 9 and fire up the grill and get ripped before you go into the game if that's your poison. Hell beer costs to damn much to buy in the stadium anyway. Smuggle in a bottle of cap'n to keep ya warm.

What's your opinion of Brady Quinn? I don't think he got a real shot in Cleveland. Injuries played a part. Then in Denver he got swept away with Tebowmania. Hell KC has Hillis, Quinn and Romeo now.

Yeah, banning is dumb! Just more nanny state BS. I do agree some people shouldn't drink, and if you screw up, you deserve what you get. I understand why people tailgate. $8.00 for a beer, $5.00 for a hot dog. Everything is pricy. I don't drink hard liquor, so beer is about it for me.

I was inclined to give Brady Quinn more of a shot, but I think he screwed himself by holding out during training camp, which hindered his growth. I think the Browns screwed up in letting Hillis walk! His agent had a hand in it as well. But riddle me this Batman? How does a guy go from being on the Madden 12 cover to what happened last season? As for Romeo, I wish him well, and was truly happy for him when he got his first win as the interim head coach against the Packers. I certainly am not looking forward to this game, as all 3 had ties to Cleveland, and will have an axe to grind when they come to the shores of Lake Erie to take on the Browns.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:26 PM

The dreaded Madden curse got him!!

Hillis and Charles are gonna be a good 1-2 punch. What a lot of folks don't realize is Hillis can catch the ball outta the backfield too. Chiefs are gonna surprise this year they are solid across the board and get our ACL crew back.

Remember the game Rudd tossed his helmet at the end of the game and got a penalty to set up the game winning field goal for KC?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
The dreaded Madden curse got him!!

Hillis and Charles are gonna be a good 1-2 punch. What a lot of folks don't realize is Hillis can catch the ball outta the backfield too. Chiefs are gonna surprise this year they are solid across the board and get our ACL crew back.

Remember the game Rudd tossed his helmet at the end of the game and got a penalty to set up the game winning field goal for KC?

Yes, I was at that game! It was HOT AS HELL! We thought the game was over, and were like "thank God" because we just wanted to get out of the heat! Then we look, and there it is... a flag! So, in addition to the Chiefs offensive lineman advancing the ball, an extra 15 yards gets tacked on for unsportsman like conduct on Rudd, putting Morten Anderson in chip shot range!

I think the Chiefs can make a solid run at the AFC west. While San Diego on paper is the most talented, they still have Norv Turner as head coach! If you want to destroy your team, let Norv Turner be your head coach! I'm not sold on Denver, and with Oakland, you never know what you're going to get with them. I figure as usual 9-7 or even 8-8 wins that division. But make no mistake, I do not think that the Chiefs will be a pushover.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Euro 2012: Polish and Russian football fans clash in Warsaw
This is not the first time this has happened. So why do people feel the need to riot over a sporting event.
I don't know why thses things happen and it really frosts me. I am a avid sports fan, I love my teams and don't like the ravals, but to riot over a game shows ignorance and total lack of class. I don't care what country is involved.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:04 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Sports are just a way to keep the masses entertained.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes, I was at that game! It was HOT AS HELL! We thought the game was over, and were like "thank God" because we just wanted to get out of the heat! Then we look, and there it is... a flag! So, in addition to the Chiefs offensive lineman advancing the ball, an extra 15 yards gets tacked on for unsportsman like conduct on Rudd, putting Morten Anderson in chip shot range!

I think the Chiefs can make a solid run at the AFC west. While San Diego on paper is the most talented, they still have Norv Turner as head coach! If you want to destroy your team, let Norv Turner be your head coach! I'm not sold on Denver, and with Oakland, you never know what you're going to get with them. I figure as usual 9-7 or even 8-8 wins that division. But make no mistake, I do not think that the Chiefs will be a pushover.
That would have been a rough way to lose a game that's for sure. I had already chalked up the L.

Yeah Turner has done the least with more talent than any coach in NFL history I think. He must have some goods on the owner I don't know why else they wouldn't fire his butt. We don't get horsehead Manning till week twelve. He's gonna be in for a shock I think with no Harrison or Wayne or Clark when he looks up. lol

Old 06-14-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
That would have been a rough way to lose a game that's for sure. I had already chalked up the L.

Yeah Turner has done the least with more talent than any coach in NFL history I think. He must have some goods on the owner I don't know why else they wouldn't fire his butt. We don't get horsehead Manning till week twelve. He's gonna be in for a shock I think with no Harrison or Wayne or Clark when he looks up. lol

I wouldn't be suprised if the Chiefs win the AFC West. Not one bit. In fact I've always had a soft spot for the Chiefs since the Marty Schottenheimer days. Now make no mistake, I AM a BROWNS FAN, but the Chiefs are not on my list of most hated teams. I don't even have any ill will toward Hillis, or Romeo Crennel.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 PM

Old Marty was a helluva coach he could just never catch a break in the playoffs. I think Byner's fumble haunts him to this day I'd bet. Or Joe getting knocked out with a concussion in champ game against Buffalo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies