Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 07:00 PM

336 posts, read 450,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
sheer hypocrisy, I hate those "liberal" elitists

I hate those "liberal" elitists

Didn't you forget the "God Bless" after the hate comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
1st, i am not a wing nut.

2nd, you asked for the slightest proof, and when i provied that slight proof, all you can do is complain that it isnt enough. even though all you asked for was slight proof. 25% is not slight.

if romney won the potus by 25% over obama, people would be yelling from the rooftops about a landslide victory.

25% is alot more than even people like you would have believed.

how slight is it now?

somehow i think if would have provided proof that said 99% instead of 25% did it, you would have still said it was too little.

you did not want proof, you just wanted to spout off about how people could not provide you with proof and when someone did provide proof, all you are doing is trying to get out from under what you said as slight.
Come on Gomer. I even highlighted the word majority in red.

Sorry, but you're not off the hook on this one.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:04 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,531,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post
Nope, you aren't keeping up.

For 30 hours a week, we get to teach all children the same science, history, math, and actual facts. You know, stuff that's actually useful in everyday life

You would still have the ability to 'teach' your kids whatever mumbo jumbo you want for the other 138 hours of the week. As I said before, if this isn't enough time for you to permanently implant the chip, then you should re-examine the validity of your own beliefs.

And no, I don't think that parents are the best experts.

It wasn't until we allowed parents so many options (magnet, private, Charter, home) that the public schools started being dismantled.

The public schools cannot be dismantled quickly enough! Bring it on.....charter, private, vouchers, and Homeschooling. They've done enough damage and indoctrinated enough generations that our nation finally elected a true Marxist.
HERE is a bit, but a very important bit of proof that the Public schools should all fail, suffer from national bankruptcy and be gone......relegated to our history books.

A short video of Public School teachers meeting just last year, in March. Absolutely disgusting....

Note the first teacher here....rambling, such disoriented speaking that it's scary SHE is a teacher, and you have doubts about PARENTS teaching, simply because they ARE, parents!
However, what is big here is that the second teacher reveals that they have ways of teaching MARXIST ideas....this is "indoctrination" of our youth. Been happening for years, but more blatantly now.

Union Teachers Explain How to Push Marxism in the Classroom - YouTube

Old 06-13-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Come on Gomer. I even highlighted the word majority in red.

Sorry, but you're not off the hook on this one.

YOU are not off the hook here, either....
for calling this other poster "Gomer."

Old 06-13-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
YOU are not off the hook here, either....
for calling this other poster "Gomer."

Check out his status comment before you say that.

But, what I'm really worried about is that I'm still on your hook. With that in knowledge in mind, I'm not sure how I'm ever going to be able to get any sleep tonight.

I'm on Sunnysee's hook, Please help meeee!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Check out his status comment before you say that.

But, what I'm really worried about is that I'm still on your hook. With that in knowledge in mind, I'm not sure how I'm ever going to be able to get any sleep tonight.

I'm on Sunnysee's hook, Please help meeee!

LOL! I hear ya....count sheep?

Meditate?

Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
No. It's because they understand that their responsibility to give their children the best opportunty, and the best environment for success, is paramount to their responsibility to 'make a point' to all of the right wingnuts.

You don't sound like a parent. Otherwise you'd understand this.

No liberal 'wants' to spend the extra money to send their children to private schools. They'd much rather have access to good public schools. But, that unfortunately isn't possible in many school systems.

So, given the choice of paying for a private school and putting their children first, or forcing their children to go to under performing public schools, just to prove a point to the right wingers, they do what any good parent with a triple digit IQ would do. They put their children first.

Then, even though they aren't still in the public school system anymore, they still fight for better schools for the masses, because they understand that we're all in this together. It's called looking at the big picture, and caring for others.
All true, however why is it hat the left doesn't wish to give all children the same opportunity?

Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, unfortunately, these are some of the people who benefited from school choice vouchers. However, in districts that have good public schools, they send their kids to public school. Some send their kids to mediocre public schools, because they believe in the public school system. Private schools are expensive. It tends more to be rich Republicans who send their kids to private schools.
As one who sends his kid to a fancy public school, you would be wrong.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:24 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
I challenge you to offer even the slightest proof of this.

where in your sentence here does it say majority proof. you asked for slight proof and I gave it to you. you are just mad that someone actually gave you proof.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 PM

577 posts, read 900,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
So, let me get this straight....a poor kid has a voucher, and that makes a private school have to accept him?

Yeah I thought not. No way that school lets average rabble hob nob with the wealthy elites kids.

What WOULD happen though, is that schools would become legally segregated (which is exactly what the voucher set is after).
Where I live there are many inner city families who would love to send their children to parochial schools with vouchers, and the parochial schools would happily accept them. There are privately funded voucher programs already in place here, and some local parochial schools have a significant number of black & hispanic students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies