Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So if your 11 year old comes home and tells you he learned about anal sex in school that day, you're OK with it ?
I know of no school that teaches the mechanics of sex. AND I am involved in my sons school so I know what he is being taught.

Every sex ed class I have seen, as a sit in in class, and as a substitute teacher had nothing to do with the ins, and outs (pardon the pun) but with diseases, viruses, pregnancy, and anatomy.

BTW by 11 years old many children know about anal sex, so I would not be upset in any way. I WOULD use the knowledge to continue the discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Take the case of the 13 year old pregnant by a 12 year old. Yes folks, this is true.
Is that the Utah case you are referring to, where they were both charged with rape and both became sex offenders? That was back around 2005, I think.

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I know of no school that teaches the mechanics of sex. AND I am involved in my sons school so I know what he is being taught.

Every sex ed class I have seen, as a sit in in class, and as a substitute teacher had nothing to do with the ins, and outs (pardon the pun) but with diseases, viruses, pregnancy, and anatomy.

BTW by 11 years old many children know about anal sex, so I would not be upset in any way. I WOULD use the knowledge to continue the discussion.
Go to post #1 in this thread and read the article. It is happening just not in your back yard.
If this were your child's school, are you still OK with it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
That's fine but do it yourself and stop just letting public nannies take care of it.
I do teach my child, but not all parents do. Look at the teen pregnancy, and STD rates. That alone tells me that many parents are not teaching their children.

There is a day care in the middle school, and the high school that I sub in. If parents were doing their job we wouldn't need this.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:31 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Why not just tell kids to say "No". It worked when Nancy Reagan said it.
Right, and TinkerBell grants you 3 wishes when you do say no

Old 06-15-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Is that the Utah case you are referring to, where they were both charged with rape and both became sex offenders? That was back around 2005, I think.
Nope..this is what happened this year at a rural school I subbed in.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I do teach my child, but not all parents do. Look at the teen pregnancy, and STD rates. That alone tells me that many parents are not teaching their children.

There is a day care in the middle school, and the high school that I sub in. If parents were doing their job we wouldn't need this.
You know, even when taught in school, the kids are going to do what they are going to do.
Sex Ed in the schools have been going on for a number of years and there is still teen pregnancy.
It's not that parent's aren't teaching about it because it is and has been taught in the schools.
The kids just don't care at that age.

12 years old and you think they have the comprehension and maturity equal to that of an adult ?

The problem is that their bodies are maturing faster then their brains. Their brains are still at "kid" level.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Nope..this is what happened this year at a rural school I subbed in.
Oh, ok. More than likely a bastion of Republican anti-sex ed sentiment.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Oh, ok. More than likely a bastion of Republican anti-sex ed sentiment.
No djacques. These kids are getting the sex education in 6th grade. No, the school doesn't hand out condoms like some liberal areas do, but the kids are getting all the details about having safe sex.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Go to post #1 in this thread and read the article. It is happening just not in your back yard.
If this were your child's school, are you still OK with it ?
I read the article. It stated that the principle was asked a direct question, and was within the outlines for the course.

If you don't like the course, or material that may be covered, get involved in the school. There are ways to change things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies