Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 04:41 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,487,433 times

Advertisements

Remember Jackie Kennedy? Why isn't there a thread about how evil she was? Remember what her hobby was?

Habitually Chic®: Portrait of a Rider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 05:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,615,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Ann Romney is going to the Olympics with her horse. It is an expensive hobby horse she co-owns and claims as a $77,000 loss in 2010 for its upkeep. The Romney’s Horse-Related Tax Deduction in 2010 Exceeded the U.S. Median Household Income (By a Lot) « Say It Ain't So Already

The median family household income was $45,800 in 2010.

I like animals too. Why can't I claim my hobby dog; his upkeep isn't cheap either. I'd like to have in inside track to Congress, too: "It’s an expensive hobby but in order to shield themselves from losses, the 1%ers have convinced congress to allow for a tax deduction so that they can write them off."

I can't write off a $400 death benefit. And Congress wonders why We The People hate politicians. It you cheat on taxes to avoid paying them, what else do pols lie about?
What a disgrace.

Parts of America are in dire poverty, and she wants even her horses feeding from the public trough.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,975,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Ann Romney is going to the Olympics with her horse. It is an expensive hobby horse she co-owns and claims as a $77,000 loss in 2010 for its upkeep. The Romney’s Horse-Related Tax Deduction in 2010 Exceeded the U.S. Median Household Income (By a Lot) « Say It Ain't So Already

The median family household income was $45,800 in 2010.

I like animals too. Why can't I claim my hobby dog; his upkeep isn't cheap either. I'd like to have in inside track to Congress, too: "It’s an expensive hobby but in order to shield themselves from losses, the 1%ers have convinced congress to allow for a tax deduction so that they can write them off."

I can't write off a $400 death benefit. And Congress wonders why We The People hate politicians. It you cheat on taxes to avoid paying them, what else do pols lie about?
How is this any different than Obama campaigning on the US taxpayer's dime by making a 10 min. "government business" stop on a 5 day campaign tour?

Sorry, feigned outrage by the OP. IMO, every therapy animal should be a qualifying medical tax deduction. Don't agree, change the way we tax to a single tier flat tax for everyone (regardless of income, wealth or lack thereof) sans any deductions.

Nearly 50% of Americans pay no federal income tax and I'm supposed to be angry at the ones who actually pay federal income taxes trying to use every deduction allowed? Nope, not going to happen as long as I am one of those taxpayers helping to carry a free-loading welfare state. YMMV

Old 07-24-2012, 05:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,975,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
What a disgrace.

Parts of America are in dire poverty, and she wants even her horses feeding from the public trough.
Better Ann's horse than the jackasses who sit at home illegitimately collecting disability welfare checks.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What's a used car lot got to do with this? Maybe all horse owners take this deduction, I don't know; I don't have one. One has to be fairly wealthy just to have the horse. That's why the idea of a deduction is a little strange to me.
Maybe they are trying to say she uses her horse for essential transport...

LOL. While the quality of life in America gets worse for most, some on here are defending their lifestyle. Those defending it should move to the U.K. they are so in awe of "royalty", as Fox news used to report on the Bush family this way also. Until it became more than gauche, and offensive to 99.9 % of Americans.

This used to be a democracy, now America is a joke around the world because of issues like this.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:59 PM

Mitt Romney finished his vacation at his New Hampshire mansion and spent yesterday in the Hamptons, summer playground of the super wealthy. A horde of our nation’s wealthholders attended at least one of the three fundraisers being held at the gated estates of Long Island, ranging from the $25,000 a head luncheon at the owner of Revlon’s palatial palace to the $75,000 a head dinner at billionaire David Koch’s place.

Only one gate into these estates so the rich and famous had to line up on the road waiting for admittance in their idling luxury cars like common people waiting to get into a public beach. Meanwhile a handful of reporters cruised the queue asking for comments. This Romney donor summed up their mindset perfectly:
A New York City donor a few cars back, who also would not give her name, said Romney needed to do a better job connecting. “I don’t think the common person is getting it,” she said from the passenger seat of a Range Rover stamped with East Hampton beach permits. “Nobody understands why Obama is hurting them.
“We’ve got the message,” she added. “But my college kid, the baby sitters, the nails ladies — everybody who’s got the right to vote — they don’t understand what’s going on. I just think if you’re lower income — one, you’re not as educated, two, they don’t understand how it works, they don’t understand how the systems work, they don’t understand the impact.”

They are talking about right wing voters, too poor to vote, according to them. If only it was the days of Nero, the less desirables (all of you who are less than multi-millionaires) could be thrown off the cliffs for sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies