Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:55 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
For you homosexuality is not normal, it would be abnormal for YOU.
For me homosexuality IS normal. Heterosexuality is abnormal for ME.

I live just like everyone else. I pay my bills, clean the house, mow the lawn, pay taxes, vote, go to the grocery store, cook, laugh, cry, hope, and dream.
Why do you base your judgement of me on what happens in the privacy of my own bedroom?
I think it's not normal to judge people based on something I will never see, or be part of.
If a person truly believes it is normal, then it seems like they would be more likely to suggest to an impressionable child that it is normal also.

That is child abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 07:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
But it's better to suggest that they are straight and that it is normal to have those feelings, than to leave them with the confusion that their normal adolescent feelings might indicate that they are not.

To say otherwise to an impressionable child is abuse.
No it's not "best". It's best to let them know you will love them no matter what.
My parents tried to convince me I was straight. Two failed marriages later I decided to be myself. I have never been happier.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Quote:
Comparing hair color differences and job differences with homosexuality??

That seems insane.

But acting like homosexuality is nice and normal also seems insane, if more people were truly honest about it.
I had no more choice as to my hair colour as my Gay friends have about their sexual orientation. Homosexuality is NOT a choice. Hence the Natural part of my post above. As for being nice it depends on the Gay person. Some Gay people are objectionable jerks and some are lovely delightful people. Like straight people in fact. Or White/Black/Christian/Muslim/etc... people.

I judge people by the content of their character and their actions towards other human beings. I find it the most apt manner in which to determine someone's "niceness". Gay sex is no more repugnant than Straight Sex. Both are Natural and both can be skanky and demeaning or loving and tender.

And yes I am being truly honest about it. 100%. Pinkie Swear.

Chill. The skies are not about to fall on your head yet. Not because a small part of the population copulates in a way which you find personally distasteful. I would worry more about real serious issues out there like war, poverty, sex and human trafficking, environmental degradation , economic enslavement, exploitation, crime, child abuse etc...

Why do you care so much that a man might love another man? It offends your sensibilities so much you find it a good use of your precious time ?!?! Seriously ? Wow. Of ALL the issues which are affecting our world you obsess about someone else's sex life ? It certainly implies an unhealthy interest into other people's rather intimate lives does it not ?

Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
If a person truly believes it is normal, then it seems like they would be more likely to suggest to an impressionable child that it is normal also.

That is child abuse.
Child abuse is attempting to force a child to adhere to your vision of the world and not their own.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:

That is child abuse.
A child being who they are IS normal. Trying to make the child be what YOU think they should be is child abuse.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
I am trying to say that lack of guidance and direction are bad for a child.

The fact that an abusive parent tries to "force" a child to be something does not mean that guidance and direction are a bad thing, just because the parent is abusive.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:12 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I must admit I find this obsession with Homosexuality rather puzzling in some posters. I don't know about you but I don't spend my life pondering about my fellow human beings sexual orientation or love life. As long as it is fully consenting and does not harm anyone I could not care less. Bigotry damages our society and is divisive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002
perhaps the more interesting question is, "why do some straight folks (like the posters here who continuosly post new threads about homosexuality) feel so compelled to endlessly debate the issue of homosexuality?" Do they really have nothing more important to focus on in their lives?
Exactly. Next time someone posts about some so-called "gay agenda" I'm going to point that person right here to the threads started by OzzyRules.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
I am trying to say that lack of guidance and direction are bad for a child.

The fact that an abusive parent tries to "force" a child to be something does not mean that guidance and direction are a bad thing, just because the parent is abusive.
I'm trying to say that sexual orientation doesn't need guidance. People know who they are attracted to.
My son had a "girlfriend" in 1st grade. He knows he likes girls.

They need education on responsible sexual behavior, pregnancy, safe(r) sex practices when they are older, but I don't know of one person who had to be "guided" for them to know who they were attracted to.

Did you have a problem knowing if you were straight?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:15 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Quote:
You are trying to say that gay parents are better than straight parents.
No actually I am trying to say that a good parent is a good parent whether Straight, Lesbian or Gay. That Love and genuine commitment is what matters. That people who respect their kids, love them , nurture them intellectually, socially and physically will raise good kids. I am saying that families come in different shapes and sizes.

Whether you are raised by Grand-Parents, straight parents or gay parents what will genuinely influence you is what those people put into the raising.

Their sexual orientation is not what makes them good parents or bad parents. It is their emotional intelligence, their respect for their child, their desire to raise intelligent, well adjusted, caring and empathetic human beings. We ALL have different social skills, tools and different ways of dealing with the world and whether you play "hide the sausage" with another man or not has nothing to do with your abilities or lackof therein as a potential parent.

By your logic I would say from simple experience that straight parents are the worse. All I see around me are ill mannered, loud , obnoxious ,spoilt little demons and I would say about 99.99 percent of them are from straight parents. Does it mean being straight means you are naturally useless as a parent or simply that those people are simply ill equipped and unwilling to raise children in a positive manner ?

A demon child does not turn demon because Daddy is engaging in intercourse with Daddy. A Demon child turns Demon because the parents just suck at their job. Period.

Parenting is a bloody hard job and most people really should never have kids in the first place.

Denying who you are is not only harmful to yourself but to others too. Because what is Natural ALWAYS comes back to the surface and those you were pretending to will eventually end up badly hurt.

I am actually a fairly old fashioned romantic square when it comes to sex and relationships and I believe in Love before sex . To me it should be about commitment , stable relationships and love. HOWEVER whether this is between two guys, two girls or boy/girl is really not something I care about.

I accept that I did not choose to be straight and that Gay people have no more choice than I do. I could no more find a woman sexually attractive than I could start speaking Aramaic. And neither can Gay people be attracted to people of the opposite sex.

Is it "normal". Absolutely not. Way , way out of the "norm".

Just as I am for being a red headed left handed woman who does not want children , speak more than one language, has been to the Antarctic and only got married for the first time at 44. I too am totally abnormal. So bloody what ????

We get it Gay is not natural for YOU. Well fortunately nobody is ( hopefully) going to force you to engage into homosexual intercourse so no worries I guess....

Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:

That is child abuse.
No, it's not.

So, Ozzy, tell us about the time in your childhood that you were confused about your sexual orientation and needed your parents to reassure you that you were *not* homosexual.

I never went through that "stage", I guess, so I'm all ears....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies