Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 01:22 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yeah OK! I guess the GOP House will do anything to avoid working on issues facing Americans. Like jobs, student loan rate, debt ....
Set deflector shields at maximum Capt. Bob!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Holder has just retracted his statement that the Bush administration knew about F&F from him.
He "inadvertently" said he briefed Mukasey when he actually never told him.

So can't blame Bush anymore.

Holder retracts claim Bush team knew about Fast and Furious | WashingtonExaminer.com
I bet they'll start blaming Canada or Bigfoot next.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
They did it to **** off the wingnuts. Seems to be working
So that's why they did it! I has nothing to do with broken laws and questionable ethics! :/

Liberals have never been known for exceptional foresight.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Default Holder is getting entangled by his own lies and covering for Obama

Rep. Lankford:

"Who Will be Held Responsible?" -Rep. Lankford on Fast & Furious Contempt - YouTube

Old 06-20-2012, 01:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
There's only one issue with this claim that this is a witch hunt. If that were the case and there was no case against the DOJ and Holder, why did the WH claim Executive Privilege? The optic it conveys is that the administration has something to hide. There is no denying that this does not place Obama in the best light.
The only important issue at hand, is why this poor Border Patrol Agent is DEAD. And why has it taken so long to get to the bottom of why he is dead.

If this were any other administration, this would not be happening, and ya all know it. I seriously doubt this is a witch hunt, as some of you call it, when a young man who was proud to serve his Country, is now dead, and for what.

Someone dropped the ball, in this case, and things happened which left to the death of this agent, you may not want to, i want to know why, for the soul of the agent! So he can rest in peace, and i am sure he is not, his spirit i am sure wants those responsible, to pay.
If this were your son, to those of you who post, you would not want the details to come out, well you sure think differently then i.

Those responsible, and it is looking clearly now, that there is guilt, and needs to be protected, so that we may never know the sordid details, into why this agent died.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:30 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The only important issue at hand, is why this poor Border Patrol Agent is DEAD. And why has it taken so long to get to the bottom of why he is dead.

If this were any other administration, this would not be happening, and ya all know it. I seriously doubt this is a witch hunt, as some of you call it, when a young man who was proud to serve his Country, is now dead, and for what.

Someone dropped the ball, in this case, and things happened which left to the death of this agent, you may not want to, i want to know why, for the soul of the agent! So he can rest in peace, and i am sure he is not, his spirit i am sure wants those responsible, to pay.
If this were your son, to those of you who post, you would not want the details to come out, well you sure think differently then i.

Those responsible, and it is looking clearly now, that there is guilt, and needs to be protected, so that we may never know the sordid details, into why this agent died.
I don't think it's a witch hunt. I was pointing out that the claim of witch hunt just doesn't have merit.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I don't think it's a witch hunt. I was pointing out that the claim of witch hunt just doesn't have merit.
What evidence does Issa have against Holder?

Old 06-20-2012, 01:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Default leaders must take responsibility for the good and the bad

Rep Beurkle:

"Deliver the Facts to the American People" -Rep. Beurkle - YouTube

Rep. Farenthold: "When the cover-up starts the American people do not tolerate being lied to".

"American People Do Not Tolerate Being Lied to" -Rep. Farenthold on Fast and Furious Contempt Case - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
What evidence does Issa have against Holder?
Do you ever pay attention to any of the links provided on this topic be it in this thread or the other half-dozen or more threads on Operation Fast & Furious? There is plenty of proof posted here on CD that AG-Holder has withheld non-classified information and made false statements before Congress (while under oath) during the course of the hearings over the past year and a half.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Since this type of thing is the last thing the American people want to see going on in DC, I doubt it will work out like the GOP hopes.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:39 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
The way I see it holder testified Obama did not know about ff

Executive privilege is extended to the president to keep national security discussions with staff or friends from being reported. The president should be afforded this right.

So the problem comes is holder testified the president did not know,

If the president did not know then no discussions about ff need executive privilege

If the president did know , then holder committed perjury.

There is a family who has lost a loved one and there are no answers as to who ordered ff.

There is something rotten in the wood pile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies