Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
This OP is way too harsh and I think that's too bad because there is a good point to be made. It doesn't bother me that people give her their money. You are allowed to give your own money to anyone you want to. I wouldn't do it myself and think it's ridiculous, but that is their choice. The real problem with this as I see it is that it does nothing to deal with the real problem. Iv' heard nothing about any real consequences for these kids for what they did.

I have to ask, just like the OP, what is her job? They did not have bus monitors when I was in school. From what I have seen it may be a bit like being a prison guard and not for the sensitive. She seems like a nice person, but we obviously need someone tougher for this job. Along with that we need to give them and the school system the ability to do something about things like this. I have heard teachers in the education forum say their hands are tied when trying to deal with behavior in classrooms. I will assume then that the bus is the same.
Blame the victim???

Oh, good job!!!

How many people do YOU think are clamoring for this job???????

Blame schools and teachers who are vilified by brain dead parents ????

No it's the "teachers-are-evil-union-thugs" ignorant PARENTS who are to blame.

THEY teach their filthy brats to show disrepect for teachers and this is the result...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 09:02 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Blame the victim???

Oh, good job!!!

How many people do YOU think are clamoring for this job???????

Blame schools and teachers who are vilified by brain dead parents ????

No it's the "teachers-are-evil-union-thugs" ignorant PARENTS who are to blame.

THEY teach their filthy brats to show disrepect for teachers and this is the result...
I'm not blaming the victim. Some jobs just don't work out. I do feel for this woman. However I think it is obvious that this bus monitor may not be a job for her. She's too sensitive and these kids are monsters that need a prison guard and rules to be changed so there can be consequences for their behavior. Does it bother anyone else that nothing was done about the real problem here? This poor woman is clearly in over her head. And no one answered my question. What is a bus monitors job? When this happens what are they suppose to do? What are they allowed to do? I really do want to know why they have an adult on this bus and what is their job because I don't know.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
I'm not blaming the victim. Some jobs just don't work out. I do feel for this woman. However I think it is obvious that this bus monitor may not be a job for her. She's too sensitive and these kids are monsters that need a prison guard and rules to be changed so there can be consequences for their behavior. Does it bother anyone else that nothing was done about the real problem here? This poor woman is clearly in over her head. And no one answered my question. What is a bus monitors job? When this happens what are they suppose to do? What are they allowed to do? I really do want to know why they have an adult on this bus and what is their job because I don't know.
Because behavior problems are THAT bad and drivers have to drive.
The kids are getting more out of hand and more adults are being hired to "watch over them".

I've been in schools where there was a male "TA" in every classroom. These guys looked like bar bouncers rather than "TA" folks and they never actually helped with instruction. They just stood there in the corner, just "being there". Now this was a rough inner city school and the only place where I saw that.
I actually asked someone working there why they were called TA's when they were actually classroom guards. Gee..when you go to your school's website which is more pleasant sounding.."each class has a teacher and dedicated TA" or "each class has a teacher and dedicated classroom guard" ?

Bus Monitors | Boston Public Schools

Dept of Education recommends that there be TWO monitors on each bus..one in the front and one in the back. It's to protect students from becoming hurt on the bus either loading or unloading.
Personally I think it's more for behavior oversight as the bus driver has to drive and cannot deal with behavior problems on the bus these days.

School Bus Monitor Program | Education
The primary purpose of the student monitor is to assist school bus drivers in carrying out their responsibilities with respect to the safety of students using the school bus service.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:49 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
I dont gibe my money to anyone or anything...

People are chit

Old 06-25-2012, 09:51 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Seriously? Its up over 700,000 dollars.

Dont get me wrong, I feel bad for her and those kids should be punished

But also its apparent she wasnt doing her job either as a bus monitor, because these kids would already have been reported, and it wouldnt have taken a Youtube video to see their actions.

I think the kind gesture of raising 5000 for a vacation was nice, and now its out of hand

Maybe she will donate a lot to charity.....or we will see her iced out with a diamond grill
How about this.... maybe now she can retire and not be forced to work until she's 80, trying to manage everyone else's heathen children who behaved like animals? And no, it's not her job to train these little demon seeds to observe minimal levels of respect for others. It's the parents who obviously failed miserably in their duty to teach their foul mouthed future felons to behave like civilized human beings.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:05 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
I'm not minimizing what she went through,but its not as bad as what school bus aides in the inner city go through.
Isn't there another thread on here about the bus driver beaten by a driver of an illegally parked car that the bus sideswiped?

Let's see,if you had a choice: get face half eaten off,get bulied by some boys on the bus.

Maybe it is the media's fault. They pick and chose who they want helped out.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because behavior problems are THAT bad and drivers have to drive.
The kids are getting more out of hand and more adults are being hired to "watch over them".

I've been in schools where there was a male "TA" in every classroom. These guys looked like bar bouncers rather than "TA" folks and they never actually helped with instruction. They just stood there in the corner, just "being there". Now this was a rough inner city school and the only place where I saw that.
I actually asked someone working there why they were called TA's when they were actually classroom guards. Gee..when you go to your school's website which is more pleasant sounding.."each class has a teacher and dedicated TA" or "each class has a teacher and dedicated classroom guard" ?

Bus Monitors | Boston Public Schools

Dept of Education recommends that there be TWO monitors on each bus..one in the front and one in the back. It's to protect students from becoming hurt on the bus either loading or unloading.
Personally I think it's more for behavior oversight as the bus driver has to drive and cannot deal with behavior problems on the bus these days.

School Bus Monitor Program | Education
The primary purpose of the student monitor is to assist school bus drivers in carrying out their responsibilities with respect to the safety of students using the school bus service.
Then I stand by what I said, it isn't the right job for her.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Seriously? Its up over 700,000 dollars.

Dont get me wrong, I feel bad for her and those kids should be punished

But also its apparent she wasnt doing her job either as a bus monitor, because these kids would already have been reported, and it wouldnt have taken a Youtube video to see their actions.

I think the kind gesture of raising 5000 for a vacation was nice, and now its out of hand

Maybe she will donate a lot to charity.....or we will see her iced out with a diamond grill
I completely agree with you. What happened to her is awful, the kids should be punished by their parents the government and anyone else that can knock some sense into their heards. It is her money and she should do with it what she wants, but enough is enough for heaven's sake.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
YES you are.....see bolding abiove

"""" Some jobs just don't work out. I do feel for this woman. However I think it is obvious that this bus monitor may not be a job for her"""

And there are just SO many jobs out there for 68 year olds!!!!

REALLY!!!

It's sad that someone her age HAS to have a job...

Maybe the ignorant parents of the bullies would like to take a shot at it...

Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm not minimizing what she went through,but its not as bad as what school bus aides in the inner city go through.
Isn't there another thread on here about the bus driver beaten by a driver of an illegally parked car that the bus sideswiped?

Let's see,if you had a choice: get face half eaten off,get bulied by some boys on the bus.

Maybe it is the media's fault. They pick and chose who they want helped out.
no, people pick and choose whom they want to help.

personally, i think giving to the bus aide was just a big FU to all the irresponsible parents out there, and for all the "little guys" who soldier on, trying to make it in tough times.

i also think that you will see some of the same people giving to both of them, because people with generosity to their fellow men don't have a "cap" on their generosity.

on a side note, for the people whose blood pressure gets worked up over issues like this, i am going to share a tranquil site i go to occasionally to be reminded of the beauty of the world:
https://plus.google.com/109722571975...00775093/posts

people being kind gives me hope, and i don't see why anyone would want to "squash" that spirit of benevolence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies