Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 11:37 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If you believe the Romney hype, we are all worse off than before.

Did he really say that? Do you have a link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
For millions, it has. But that hasn't, clearly, guaranteed success for everybody. To me, an economy adding jobs gives hope over an economy losing jobs. Your idea of is, clearly, polar opposite of mine. But hey, you're a republican!

And I feel sorry for your state not showing any improvement. I'm sure you've got the kind of leadership you deserved in your state. But then, have you given ANY thought to, why there has been a need for improvement to begin with?
We got what we need. We have someone that is finally telling us the truth. As a state we cannot sustain the bloated pensions and benefits anymore. We need those that will collect them to pay into them and pay a small portion of their benefits as well.

Also, the economy has not added jobs. The UE numbers keep increasing. I don't see that as improvement.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If you believe the Romney hype, we are all worse off than before. Of course, Romney seems to be doing well financially. Did not seem to hurt him much.

I myself am doing better financially. SO who is doing worse, and if so how is that Obama's fault?

Well good for you. Consider yourself lucky. Most Americans I think would say they are worse off. There has been massive unemployment, inflation (have you not noticed the increases in food prices at the grocery store?), gasoline prices.

The economy is in shambles. We are in deep debt meaning the economic health of the country is in big trouble.

Perhaps you personally feel you are beter off. As a nation, we are much worse off. Open your eyes. Wake up and smell the coffee. Get out of your own little bubble.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He's using the military much smarter and has scaled back wars started by the previous idiot as I stated.

And he actually killed Bin Laden instead of protecting him like the last idiot did.

So this idiot actually killed Bin laden? Maybe you should tell that to our military guys.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Got to be honest and say worse off. Inflation is kicking in and I have to pay more money for gas food and services.

Also my savings and CD's are not getting any good rates.. the interest I used to earn is sliding down each year. Of course everything is up. My insurance bills are up, my homeowners taxes are up and I don't see it coming down.

If anyone makes more than the year before, it is gone on the higher cost of living.
This is what the problem is. Little to no increases in pay added to much larger increases in the cost of necessities.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The net worth decline resulted largely or entirely from falling home values.

However, excluding home equity, median household net worth actually increased to $15,000 from $13,859 between 2009 and 2010.

Median Household Net Worth Down 35 Percent - ABC News

That's kinda like saying "except for my stomach cancer, I'm in pretty good health."

Old 06-22-2012, 11:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
We got what we need. We have someone that is finally telling us the truth. As a state we cannot sustain the bloated pensions and benefits anymore. We need those that will collect them to pay into them and pay a small portion of their benefits as well.

Also, the economy has not added jobs. The UE numbers keep increasing. I don't see that as improvement.
"Florida is on the right track"
- Gov Rick Scott, Jun 15

"We've turned things around in Wisconsin"
- Gov Scott Walker

Ohio -- another top swing state -- saw unemployment in May of 7.3 percent.

May be the problem is with your people in your state engaged in this cleanup you speak of?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:51 AM

Once again UE numbers are up. Economy of the country as a whole is not better.

The original topic is if we are better or worse off than 3 years ago.

We are worse.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:51 AM

My golf handicap is worse now. Gotta blame Obama for that one.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Once again UE numbers are up. Economy of the country as a whole is not better.
When you use a comparative, I hope you actually have a baseline? So, if this country is not better, what do you say, compared to?

Quote:
The original topic is if we are better or worse off than 3 years ago.
We are worse.
Three years ago, we were losing jobs and had already seen some of the worst shrinkage in private sector... since the Great Depression. Prove me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies