Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,670,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obamacare is far reaching into our paychecks and into our lives.. this is unconstitutional.

ObamaCare Uncovered: Even Worse Than You Thought
What paycheck?

Most of its gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Oh I see why you guys are claiming it's the "largest tax increase in history." Because all the right wing blogs are saying that right now. It's not true of course. A quick search shows that's quickly shot down...by Fox news Fact Check of all things.

I kinda figured it wasn't the biggest tax increase in history.

It'll actually be interesting to see where it falls on a list of tax increases.

Note: I'm all for tax increases if it increases our quality of life.

I'm pretty sure, however, this wont.

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Huge tax hikes... to cover this.

So far 2.5 million additional young adults, including 1.3 million minorities, have gained access to coverage, or 73 percent of the nation’s young adults. What’s more, the health law has increased funding for community health centers and school-based health centers, helping those in medically underserved areas of the country.

As many as 9 million low-income Latinos will gain health-care coverage under the Affordable Care Act’s expanded Medicaid eligibility. And because women of color account for more than half of all uninsured women, by 2014 with Medicaid’s expanded eligibility, up to 10.3 million women will gain health care coverage.

In 2011 alone more than 85 million people—32.5 million Medicare beneficiaries and 54 million Americans with private insurance—including seniors, women, and persons with disabilities, accessed these critical preventive services for free.

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

Another option would be for the do nothing GOP Congress to actually start implementing legislation that promotes job growth rather than being such sore losers about everything.
Ahh, poor baby needs government to give you a job.. That must suck..

Hey SLCPUNK, why dont you tell me how taking money out of the economy, which is what this bill does, creates jobs?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They stated they had No insurance because they could not afford it, meaning they have the same coverage before and after the ruling, none.
You skipped the part of the thread where Bel said she will pay the fine instead of continuing to pay for her employees healthcare coverage. So her employees lose their coverage and will have to pay for some other coverage(or get fined and have no coverage.)

Old 06-28-2012, 12:36 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,670,949 times
I don't get it. Obama promised us healthcare reform to help people who cannot afford healthcare right now. So how is fining people who STILL can't afford to get healthcare going to help us? Especially as we're being told that premiums and copays will go UP, not DOWN, under the new system? Is this the new math I keep hearing about?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I don't get it. Obama promised us healthcare reform to help people who cannot afford healthcare right now. So how is fining people who STILL can't afford to get healthcare going to help us? Especially as we're being told that premiums and copays will go UP, not DOWN, under the new system? Is this the new math I keep hearing about?
This was never about affordability, it was about availability.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
So how is fining people who STILL can't afford to get healthcare going to help us?
It's not.

It's only going to help the health insurance companies get more cash and the government get more tax dollars.

This is not hte UHC I rallied for, this is just an abomination.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
You skipped the part of the thread where Bel said she will pay the fine instead of continuing to pay for her employees healthcare coverage. So her employees lose their coverage and will have to pay for some other coverage(or get fined and have no coverage.)
Just a correction here. My employees didn't have health insurance through me. I pay better than average for that because it works for me in the end. However, I did just have my taxes increased because it will be either pay this tax or pay even more to offer employees health insurance. The numbers just work out that way. But it DID mean I have to pay more in taxes now. Will have to figure out where that's going to come from...my first guess, less employees.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hey, didnt this bill originate in the Senate? If this is a tax increase, which the Supreme Court just ruled it was, and all tax increases must originate in the House.. I say it goes back to the Supreme Court again!!!
I think it is unconstitutional for the court to change the mandate to a tax..they do not have that power. only the congress can implement a tax on the people.. this is what I said to others in my household.. since when does the court have the power to change a mandate to a tax??.. they have the power to strike the mandate down but not to change the mandate. This is what the congress does. Vote to increase taxes and without that vote from the congress it is not valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies