Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 05:16 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,846 times

Advertisements

...and the ACLU does nothing.

It is always OK to attack Christians and Jews, but dare you say anything against gays, Muslims, Bhuddists, or baby killer clinics and here comes the ACLU suing to take away your house, liberty, and dignity.

Miller beer SUPPORTS IT (like it has been supporting illegal immigration). -->? see Illegal Immigration National Miller Boycott Site

Catholic Group Urges Boycott of Miller Brewing Co. Over San Francisco Fair Sponsorship

Thursday , September 27, 2007

The nation’s largest Catholic civil rights group urged a national boycott of Miller Brewing Co. Thursday for its sponsorship of a San Francisco street fair.

The Catholic League is upset over Miller's ties to a fair promoted in an ad that shows semi-nude men and women in bondage at a table with sex toys portraying Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper" painting.

"Miller is sponsoring an incredibly outrageous and palpably anti-Christian event," said Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League.

FOXNews.com - Catholic Group Urges Boycott of Miller Brewing Co. Over San Francisco Fair Sponsorship - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Old 09-27-2007, 05:29 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
Is this thread about Christians? Immigration? or the Fair sponsored by Miller?

Let me know so I can decide how to answer, and also figure out whether this thread is in the right forum.

Thanks

Old 09-27-2007, 05:38 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
All that is missing from that picture is Bush wearing his flight suit, oh the envy of the Village People...

Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,340 times
Whatever happened to the conservative deal about people "not having a right to not be offended?" The right to peaceful assembly is protected in the constitution, this particular portion of whatever assembly's going on sounds pretty gross but the KKK gets to march through city streets when they want, the Westboro Baptist Church retards get to protest at innocent people's funerals, along with all other types of ridiculous groups, I don't see any particular reason to discriminate against these guys.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:59 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
So why do Christians need to boycott Miller Beer -- are they drinking? How sinful.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:14 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
It is because it is one sided again. If the gays were depicted in a unflattering manner they would be all over it crying foul! How dare they bla bla bla...
But it seems to be ok by whoever to attack as the op said Christians and Jews etc. Why is this double standard being allowed?
And where the H*ll is Jackson and Sharpton they should be right on top of this but they are no where to be found.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:55 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
It is because it is one sided again.

But it seems to be ok by whoever to attack as the op said Christians and Jews etc.
HA, I call BS! A person can't even get into a debate concerning the AIPAC lobby without cries of Antisemitism just because you brought it up.

There is not a chorus of Christians crying out for shame, it is the small minority nutcases that jumping up and down screaming HOMO's are taking over the world, the brown skinned people with funny towels on their heads have appealed to their space Satan and he will reign down terror, kicking a man in the testicles is mass murder, sinnners abound.... evil everywhere... I am thinking this is more of a mental illness than the cult worship it appears to be on its face.

I feel for those decent Christians who spend more time living their faith and the strength it gives them than those who live in fear of every evil the imagination can conjure.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:08 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Christianity is not being attacked here. Having gay men sit around a table that mimics a famous painting of the Last Supper is not an 'attack'. If it were a picture of nothing but women, would that be offensive? If they were all black? If it was a picture of famous dead people like Elvis, Marilyn, Kurt Cobain, etc with Jesus in the middle rolling his eyes, would that pass the litmus test? C'mon, Christians, grow up. We all know it's because they're gay and their sexuality is on display.

There is no anti-Christian reference in the picture. It doesn't say we hate Jesus or pass any judgment on anything. But there are many anti-gay references in Christian literature and websites. When I write anti-gay I mean that it attacks people. Christian literature and websites should oppose homosexuality instead. A subtle, but very important difference. So when Christians whine about how they can't do anything without upsetting gays, maybe they should examine their hateful tactics. You can't claim you hate the sin and love the sinner when you allow your followers to treat others in dreadful ways. God still sees you even when you turn your back.

Funny, the only things Christians go after is gay people and abortion. I never see anything Christian telling me that torturing people, especially Muslims, is wrong. How come it's OK to treat people so badly, but being gay is affront to their senses? They are silent on some of the major crimes of our times. It makes me think their values are skewed to the irrational. That's not an attack, it's an assessment.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:17 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,452,385 times
Topic already open in Religion forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies