Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:57 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,467,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am such a blank person on who is gay. I had a frat brother who was pretty fat but a great dancer that I didn't suspect till I had to sleep in the same bed with him in his parents' house.

Hell, I was so unaware of them that all the nights I spent drinking with and talking to Rock Hudson in Italy at our NCO club that I didn't figure that one out till years later.

I didn't even know about one of my best friends till he propositioned me and I threatened to kill him if he tried that again.

I have suspected many since those days but never knew about any of the kids who came out after getting out of school and there were a number of them. One of them was a very strong runner (girl) on my track team for 3 years.

I think I could have lived for a long time longer without AC telling me about himself.
Well a gay wouldn't be a gay unless he could be out and proud, that's their whole raison d'etre. To make sure you know they're gay, so they can have solidarity with others like them.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times
Give me a break, no one will do anything, how long have most of us already known this!

Old 07-02-2012, 03:03 PM

589 posts, read 851,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Now I know why he liked to call Tea Party patriots tea baggers. He had first hand experience in that awful term. Who really cares, in the end.

What???

FYI, the 'teabagging' that you refer to, is at least as prevalent within the hetrosexual community, as it is in the gay community.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 PM

589 posts, read 851,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
A better question is what celebrity in the last 20 years surprised you when they came out? I think the media takes us for fools but I don't think anyone was surprised when Ellen, Rosie, Lance Bass, Rickie Mart and now Anderson Cooper came out; in those cases, the public always assumed they were gay and waited for them to come out.

With regard to Anderson Cooper, my opinion of him hasn't changed. He has a liberal bias/pro Obama slant to his reporting much like the Fox reporters have a conservative slant.

But this is more or less the nail in the coffin with regarding to cementing CNN's reputation as a liberal media outlet. It used to be Fox was conservative, MSNBC was liberal and CNN was moderate. But since pushing out Lou Dobbs and other journalists, the network has become increasingly liberal and having their chief anchor announce he is gay cements that.

Yes, I've often times noticed that the facts do seem to have a distinctly liberal bias.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 PM

798 posts, read 1,035,851 times
Honestly, this is about as much shocking news as when Ricky Martin announced he was gay.

Aside from that, this is good. Doesn't change my view of him. Yes, he is liberal, but he is diligent in his reporting, and I trust him to give a good story.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:15 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,463,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Well a gay wouldn't be a gay unless he could be out and proud, that's their whole raison d'etre. To make sure you know they're gay, so they can have solidarity with others like them.
Are you "out" about the fact that you're a heterosexual, or do you keep it a discrete secret?

Old 07-02-2012, 03:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,167,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
And in other news, gravity makes things fall to the ground!

Anderson Cooper:
Does this affect your life in any way?

Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,689,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
And in other news, gravity makes things fall to the ground!

Anderson Cooper:
Why do these people think we care what type of oral sex they engage in?

Old 07-02-2012, 03:24 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,422 times
What is the "sexual" obsession? Who cares? Why is this a "controversy"?

Old 07-02-2012, 03:25 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,467,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Are you "out" about the fact that you're a heterosexual, or do you keep it a discrete secret?
Heterosexuality is normal.

There is no need for me to profess my heterosexuality.

It's a given norm. It's not discussed.

Only when someone deviates from the norm is it front page news.

Public figures are in the business of broadcasting their sexuality so you know with which camp they reside.

It makes for great publicity, it sells magazines, causes you to tune into their show, who is "so and so" sleeping with so you'll buy into the hype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies