Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 01:51 PM

25,866 posts, read 16,579,920 times

Advertisements

-Nationalize Health Care. Buy out all medical companies and make the entire industry not for profit.

-Nationalize the Oil industry and regulate the prices

-Nationalize all military hardware/service organizations.

These are three essential industries that should not be handed over to greedy capitalists. The entire world would respect the USA for taking these measures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 01:52 PM

744 posts, read 813,370 times
Americans really need to be forced to make healthier lifestyle choices, our economy will boom like never before if we became more healthy. Also stop forcing Americans to single handedly finance the R&D for Pharmaceuticals while the rest of the world gets a free ride

Old 07-03-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Americans really need to be forced to make healthier lifestyle choices, our economy will boom like never before if we became more healthy
If someone offered me free health care? I would be Lance Armstrong on the stationary bike if that's what it took. I'm looking at paying $1500 per month for health insurance when I retire.

Canadians I know are absolutely shocked when I tell them that.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:55 PM

I would also put the banking industry on notice to clean up their house or risk having a US Treasury/IRS Agent stationed in every single bank at their expense.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If someone offered me free health care? I would be Lance Armstrong on the stationary bike if that's what it took. I'm looking at paying $1500 per month for health insurance when I retire.

Canadians I know are absolutely shocked when I tell them that.
Don't you get medicaid when you retire?

Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,080,549 times
Quote:
Americans really need to be forced to make healthier lifestyle choices, our economy will boom like never before if we became more healthy. Also stop forcing Americans to single handedly finance the R&D for Pharmaceuticals while the rest of the world gets a free ride
So you are for the war on drugs and want government to fully control what people put into their bodies..... this also means regulating pot and alcohol....

Tell us how prohibition worked out the first time

Old 07-03-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Don't you get medicaid when you retire?
There's a period of time between retirement and Medicare age for me. My retirement date is 59 but Medicare age is 67

Old 07-03-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
There's a period of time between retirement and Medicare age for me. My retirement date is 59 but Medicare age is 67
You should work longer bro because it' a proven fact that people who work longer live longer. Retired people deteriorate quicker than a bowl of mayo in death valley

Old 07-03-2012, 03:02 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,369,752 times
Quote:
-Nationalize Health Care. Buy out all medical companies and make the entire industry not for profit.

These are three essential industries that should not be handed over to greedy capitalists. The entire world would respect the USA for taking these measures.
Great Britain tried most of this back in 1945; it deteriorated for over 30 iears until a lady named Thatcher, heavily-supported by younger voters, started kicking a few butts.

One of the biggest casualties was the heavily-regulated coal industry -- inefficient and dominated by its unions. North Sea gas and nuclear power put it out of business, and alternative energy will keep it that way.

You can't promise a favor to every drunk, druggie, dropout and Democrat in town, and expect to support them by whipping a dead horse.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:06 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,820,562 times
Quote:

How are you going to nationalize a multinational oil corporation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies