Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Can someone please answer this question for me. I've asked this several times and have only been met with hostility. Its an honest question that I'm extremely curious about.

When it comes to lesbian couples, for the most part I usually see one who is feminine and one who is masculine. Now if you're going to be with a woman who walks, talks, dresses, and has the machismo of a man, why not just be with a man? Its obvious they like all the traits of a man. I'm confused....
That is only one of the types of attraction. Why do some men like tall, short, blond, red headed, brunette, big butts, small butts...

People like different qualities in the person they are attracted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Are you a liberal?
On social issues yes, but conservative on financial issues.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That is only one of the types of attraction. Why do some men like tall, short, blond, red headed, brunette, big butts, small butts...

People like different qualities in the person they are attracted to.
Yes but MOST of the time what I see when I see a lesbian couple is a feminine female with a masculine/butch female. I just dont understand how they can despise men yet be with a women who looks just like one.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Yes but MOST of the time what I see when I see a lesbian couple is a feminine female with a masculine/butch female. I just dont understand how they can despise men yet be with a women who looks just like one.
Lesbians do not despise men as a group. Some may, but most that I know do not. My best friend is a straight man.

You might only notice the butch/femme couples because they attract attention. The others might go unnoticed or people might see them as two friends out shopping.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Lesbians do not despise men as a group. Some may, but most that I know do not. My best friend is a straight man.

You might only notice the butch/femme couples because they attract attention. The others might go unnoticed or people might see them as two friends out shopping.
What I meant was, despise men in a sexual way. Not as a whole.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
What I meant was, despise men in a sexual way. Not as a whole.
I don't "despise" men in a sexual way, I'm just not interested in men in a sexual way.
There is a difference.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I don't "despise" men in a sexual way, I'm just not interested in men in a sexual way.
There is a difference.
I guess you're an exception then. I live in NYC and most lesbian women that I have come across find sex with a man to be repulsive. The same way gay men find sex with a woman to be repulsive.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
One of my best friends is a lesbian - we're quite close at that. She's not any different from you or I other than the fact that sexually she's attracted to women. Thing is I don't even look at her as being a homosexual woman - I look at her as being my friend, a really close one at that.

So it's pretty normal for two people - be they two dudes, two females or a guy and a girl - to be best friends and really close with one another.

What's the big deal?

Defend heterosexuality while you're at it.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I guess you're an exception then. I live in NYC and most lesbian women that I have come across find sex with a man to be repulsive. The same way gay men find sex with a woman to be repulsive.
I find it hard to be repulsed by anything a person does, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.
Not everything they do would be something I would do, but live and let live.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Bestiality is NOT "similar to being gay."

Fail.

I realize most public schools and post-secondary TV/VCR repair correspondence schools don't teach this kind of stuff to the masses of Americans, but here's the position of the American Psychological Association, which mirrors the position of other mainstream organizations on human sexuality and development:

Both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding.

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

Hopefully that clears a few things up for you. Feel free to wallow in ignorance all you want if you want to reject prevailing science, but do us a favor and keep that ignorance to yourself. Or at least don't expect to be taken seriously in a serious debate.

It is the same they are both immoral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies