Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:33 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
False. Another anti-gay myth.

Gay men:
"In a study of sexual behavior in homosexuals and heterosexuals, the researchers found that of gay and bisexual men, 24% had one male partner in their lifetime, 45% had 2-4 male partners, 13% had 5-9 male partners, and 18% had 10 or more sexual partners, which produces a mean of less than 6 partners."

John O. G. Billy, Koray Tanfer, William R. Grady, and Daniel H. Klepinger (1993). The Sexual Behavior of Men in the United States. Family Planning Perspectives, 25, pp. 52-60.

Another study showed that gay men had an average of 6.5 sexual partners in the past 5 years. The study also showed that "homosexual and bisexual men are much more likely than heterosexual men to be celibate".

Diane Binson et. al. (1995). Prevalence and Social Distribution of Men Who Have Sex with Men: United States and Its Urban Centers. The Journal of Sex Research, 32, pp. 245-254.

Straight men:

A random sample of primarily straight men (n=3111 males who had had vaginal intercourse), the mean number of sexual partners was 7.3, with 28.2% having 1-3 partners, and 23.3% having greater than 19 partners.

Robert E. Fay, Charles F. Turner, Albert D. Klassen, and John H. Gagnon (1989). Prevalence and Patterns of Same-Gender Sexual Contact among Men. Science, 243, pp. 338-348.

Margaret Dolcini et. al. (1993). Demographic Characteristics of Heterosexuals with Multiple Partners: The National AIDS Behavioral Surveys. Family Planning Perspectives, 25, pp. 208-214.
I don't believe that survey. Esp with the gay people I know and from personal experience. I used to go to gay bars and I could not believe the amount of guys having sex there, esp 2 gay bars I know of. That would never happen in an hetrosexual bar. Yes there are gay men that have not had many sexual partners yet they are a very small minority of the ones I know.

In addition can you explain why in Western socieities it is gay men that have the highest percentage in cases of HIV cases?

I used to be a practising homosexual btw. I am not anymore and I will remain that way. Yet I know from experience that homosexuals have far more sexual partners than the average straight. Yes there are straights that have many sexual partners, yet I found bisexual men have more sexual partners than hetrosexual men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 06:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I don't believe that survey.
Just like I don't believe the sourceless nonsense you posted.

Quote:
In addition can you explain why in Western socieities it is gay men that have the highest percentage in cases of HIV cases?
Predominant among the club going, crystal meth using crowd which leads to unsafe sexual practices. A huge result of the societal discrimination against gays.

Quote:
I used to be a practising homosexual btw. I am not anymore and I will remain that way.
Sure you are. And I'm an Archangel on a mission from the Lord Almighty to show people the error of their ways.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:53 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This post has nothing to do with denigrating homosexual people.

Please refrain from Religious Scripture in your posts.

I want to discuss only the socio-sexual behavior of homosexuals which is the basis for attributing their sexuality to a culture/lifestyle.

In order to get to the root of validating homosexual behavior as a valid "lifestyle" (sociopolitical) that is on equal ground with heterosexuals in behavior and sociologically - which is the norm in our society.

Discuss the benefits of homosexuality.

Not noting "religious scripture" at all, but I just cannot see Christ hating gays because of who they are. You see this quite a bit in the Catholic Church, where there is a "live and let live" attitude toward gays.

I would assume the encounter would be more like the parable of the adulteress (let thee who has not sinned cast the first stone).

Old 04-12-2014, 07:02 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Just like I don't believe the sourceless nonsense you posted.

Predominant among the club going, crystal meth using crowd which leads to unsafe sexual practices. A huge result of the societal discrimination against gays.
Well gays have more rights than they ever have had in Western societies and governments have tons of money on health and safety of gay men, yet in the 1980s when Aids first appeared there was more gay discrimination yet at the same time most cases of people of HIV were gay men. How do you explain that?

In one of the latest reports at least 80% of new cases of HIV are due to men having sex with other men.

Here is an case of a western country of HIV rates, it would be similar to America of course.

Nationally, 80% of HIV diagnoses are men who have sex with men. Cities with bigger communities of men who have sex with men have higher infection rates.

HIV Fact Sheet | Victorian AIDS Council/Gay Men's Health Centre | VAC/GMHC

Old 04-12-2014, 07:47 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,026 times
I'll add mine to the list.

I used to like women. Couldn't get enough of them. Until the nagging got to me. Turned out it's genetics for a woman to nag. Always brought the worst out of me.

Guys don't nag. I don't have anal sex with men. Can't imagine I ever will. But I enjoy their company and other sexual activities. My current boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. He moved in with me 4 months ago. I've never even had to raise my voice once.

You could say I hate women too much for me to have any intimate relationship with any of them ever again. I'll go crazy if I have to hear another nagging.

We live in the land of the free, yes? So what if I choose to be gay? Can't be happier ever since I switched side. Why do I have to justify what makes me happy to you? I have the right to pursuit of happiness just like everyone else. And if marrying my boyfriend (which I intend to do one day) will make me the happiest man alive, why not?

Again, I can't stand having another woman in my life. They're a bunch of naggers and cheaters. They don't understand how important a career is to a man. Why make me choose between my career and sex? Why can't I have both? No guy has ever made me choose between the 2. I worked all day today (Saturday) and my boyfriend was happy to see me come home. He didn't nag because he understands that he's in school and one of us has to make some money. A woman would never understand this. Ever.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:53 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Why are you bumping a 2 year old thread? Not enough anti-gay threads today for you Harrier? You really need to get over this obsession.
Maybe Harrier himself is secretly gay or bi?

Old 04-12-2014, 07:56 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
I'll add mine to the list.

I used to like women. Couldn't get enough of them. Until the nagging got to me. Turned out it's genetics for a woman to nag. Always brought the worst out of me.

Guys don't nag. I don't have anal sex with men. Can't imagine I ever will. But I enjoy their company and other sexual activities. My current boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. He moved in with me 4 months ago. I've never even had to raise my voice once.

You could say I hate women too much for me to have any intimate relationship with any of them ever again. I'll go crazy if I have to hear another nagging.

We live in the land of the free, yes? So what if I choose to be gay? Can't be happier ever since I switched side. Why do I have to justify what makes me happy to you? I have the right to pursuit of happiness just like everyone else. And if marrying my boyfriend (which I intend to do one day) will make me the happiest man alive, why not?

Again, I can't stand having another woman in my life. They're a bunch of naggers and cheaters. They don't understand how important a career is to a man. Why make me choose between my career and sex? Why can't I have both? No guy has ever made me choose between the 2. I worked all day today (Saturday) and my boyfriend was happy to see me come home. He didn't nag because he understands that he's in school and one of us has to make some money. A woman would never understand this. Ever.
If you don't mind me asking, does your beau cross-dress sometimes?

Old 04-12-2014, 08:25 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, does your beau cross-dress sometimes?
Nope. He's 100% guy. Absolutely no inclination whatsoever in either one of us to wear a skirt or lipstick.

During my transition period, I dated for almost 3 years a transgendered. Thought I could get the best of both worlds. It was a biological male that identified as a woman. She was 100% biologically male, but everything else about her is a woman. Of course what happens when a male turns into a female? They start nagging. That was when I decided to go for all male. God, was that a great decision on my part. Guys make the greatest companion a person could have. No longer needed to beg for oral sex. No longer needed to buy flowers and make them feel like they're a freakin' disneyland princess. Why do women want to feel like they're freakin' princesses? I don't get that.

I highly encourage other straight men to follow my path. Women need to understand that this ain't no disneyland. This is real life. Stop trying to be frigging princesses. And stop nagging. Brings out the worst in me.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:37 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Make a case for the normality of heterosexual culture and behavior
Because it just makes sense..

Old 04-12-2014, 08:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I don't believe that survey. Esp with the gay people I know and from personal experience. I used to go to gay bars and I could not believe the amount of guys having sex there, esp 2 gay bars I know of. That would never happen in an hetrosexual bar. Yes there are gay men that have not had many sexual partners yet they are a very small minority of the ones I know.
Yes because ALL gay and lesbian people hangout at inner city bars having sex all over the place right?

Just like ALL straight people live in the suburbs with 2 kids in a house with a white picket fence and a dog, and go to church every Sunday right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies