Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:36 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh come on; you're worshipping a sports coach fer cry'n out loud!

Paterno; by his own admission passed the buck up the ladder and when nothing happened he continued to ignore IT continuing to happen.

He had kids and grandkids of his own; who may even have come into contact with Sandusky from time to time at family BBQ's etc.,

As a father and grandfather; he should have done what any father or grandfather would have; confront Sandusky; garner self satisfaction that you would be judging him accurately by substantiating the facts of his pedophilia; confront the University Board with those facts and demand action with a time line; report the suspicion to the proper state authorities as the law clearly requires.

Lastly; drag Sandusky's sorry ass out into the quadrangle and beat the absolute living snot out of him for all to witness.

Paterno came up short on any number of fronts by simply passing the buck up the ladder then going back to sleep mode. Ergo; protecting his career legacy assumed a higher priority than the welfare of those boys. SHAME on Joe Pap!

Typical of a person who has joined the bandwagon to demonize someone (in case someone innocent) while failing to look at their own backyard.

Of course, you don't recognize other equally destrutive forms of child abuse, or other who have done the same as Sandusky because the media wants you to focus on this one instance because of Paternos iconic status

Shame on you for focusing on one case of child abuse while millions of others are abused and society refuse to even acknowlege it, but rather glorifies it

Like I said, selective outrage.....Brusan, you practice it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 10:37 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
DANG! I give it a week before they remove his statue or a group of "survivors" tear the thing down themselves!
Give it the Hussein treatment:

taking down saddam - YouTube

Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Give it the Hussein treatment:

taking down saddam - YouTube
Just shut up dude.... you already look like an idiot with your selective outrage bs

Take a look at my other post for how

When you get equally outraged at all other forms of child abuse, rather than the one the media WANTS you to be outraged over, then I will consider you to be better than an clown

Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Whether there are other things that people should get upset about is irrelevant as the Penn State scandal is indeed one of those things.

Whether or not others are not held as accountable as they should be is irrelevant as this is an example of where people should be held accountable.

The question is not whether sports at Penn State will be able to continue. The question is whether or not Penn State can after the lawsuits start in earnest. I am not a big lawsuit fan but this is a legitimate use of that action. If I was an attorney I would also include the estate of Paterno and go for any assets Sandusky has.

Those in charge that covered this up should be prosecuted. I believe Paterno's concern was for Penn State but his loyalties were misplaced. His reputation is ruined. There will be some that will defend him but any mention of him will now start right here. Paterno knew what Sandusky was when he allowed him to continue to roam the grounds of Penn State. If Paterno said that he wanted Sandusky banned from campus, he would have been. He didn't.

As it is, I'm amazed that the NCAA hasn't acted yet. There is no way they can not take actions against Penn State that are stronger than any actions they have taken in the past.
NCAA takes time because it had to wait for the conclusion of a long and detailed internal investigation by Penn State. If they hadn't known about Sandusky then it's not their fault a pedo snuck in there and there would be no penalty. However, that's not the case and they must now carefully deliberate an appropriate penalty considering it will have far reaching impacts on many people.

It's a safe guess that Penn State has enough insurance coverage to pay most of the civil costs so they won't be wrecked financially.

The only big ???? remaining is the extent of the NCAA penalty.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:49 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Typical of a person who has joined the bandwagon to demonize someone (in case someone innocent) while failing to look at their own backyard.

Of course, you don't recognize other equally destrutive forms of child abuse, or other who have done the same as Sandusky because the media wants you to focus on this one instance because of Paternos iconic status

Shame on you for focusing on one case of child abuse while millions of others are abused and society refuse to even acknowlege it, but rather glorifies it

Like I said, selective outrage.....Brusan, you practice it
Ah, still claiming Paterno is innocent. Still haven't read the freeh report have you?

Your secondary defense of "well other people do it too" is sad.

I'm not saying anything that Penn State isn't saying themselves at this point.

What stage of greiving is denial?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Why should we believe this abuse is limited to the Penn State locker rooms? I wonder if it is not just another part of the male dominated sports culture with its dependence on hierarchy and dominance by the few over the many.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ah, still claiming Paterno is innocent. Still haven't read the freeh report have you?

Your secondary defense of "well other people do it too" is sad.

I'm not saying anything that Penn State isn't saying themselves at this point.

What stage of greiving is denial?

No denial here bro.... I think I am the only one living in reality in America these days

So, what else has the media brainwashed you to be outraged over?

Get a clue..... I am not defending the one who did it..... who was Sandusky

What stage of ignorance are you in?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:56 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Just shut up dude.... you already look like an idiot with your selective outrage bs

Take a look at my other post for how

When you get equally outraged at all other forms of child abuse, rather than the one the media WANTS you to be outraged over, then I will consider you to be better than an clown
You're right, I should stop advocating slap-on-the-wrist punishments for other child abusers because that's EXACTLY what I think right? Get over yourself, I think every child abuser should rot in prison.

The reason people are particularly incensed about this is because Paterno was a huge figure in State College. He was literally like god there... they erected a statue in his honor while he was still alive for crying out loud. He could have EASILY stopped this if he wanted to, and he could have EASILY made sure that Sandusky would never see the outside of a prison again, but instead he kept his mouth shut.

Inaction is always reprehensible, but inaction when you are a person of considerable power is just horrible.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
You're right, I should stop advocating slap-on-the-wrist punishments for other child abusers because that's EXACTLY what I think right? Get over yourself, I think every child abuser should rot in prison.

The reason people are particularly incensed about this is because Paterno was a huge figure in State College. He was literally like god there... they erected a statue in his honor while he was still alive for crying out loud. He could have EASILY stopped this if he wanted to, and he could have EASILY made sure that Sandusky would never see the outside of a prison again, but instead he kept his mouth shut.

Inaction is always reprehensible, but inaction when you are a person of considerable power is just horrible.
Are you outraged over adultery?

If not, then you condone child abuse..... how about the way the media always coddles their own heroes like R Kelly and others?

I agree with you that Sandusky should rot but Paterno has been unfairly targeted specifically because he is an icon..... the ultimate responsibility lies with the U president and Paterno has been made out to be as bad as Sandusky when he did nothing wrong...... it is also convenient for the criminal media that he died and can't defent himself now

Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
No denial here bro.... I think I am the only one living in reality in America these days

So, what else has the media brainwashed you to be outraged over?

Get a clue..... I am not defending the one who did it..... who was Sandusky

What stage of ignorance are you in?
Sandusky is entirely guilty on his own up until he was caught and nobody stopped him. From there on it's the fault of everyone who knew and did nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies