Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,833,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Apparently Gandhi didn't impress you and his wisdom is now irrelevant. Oh well.

The next terrorist attack will not make me hate terrorists even if I die in the event. You can't blame one side in a war when both sides are willing participants. Their actions are in response to our actions. Your response, as well as many Americans, will be to kill them. They will return the favor. And on and on. THAT is the losing game in a nutshell.
Ok mhouse, it is pretty clear now where you are coming from, basically you are saying that America deserved to be hit on 9/11 because of our actions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 12:41 PM

659 posts, read 1,374,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Ok mhouse, it is pretty clear now where you are coming from, basically you are saying that America deserved to be hit on 9/11 because of our actions?
This is an interesting post 'cos it raises the question, why? If we are to understand how things come about surely we must ask ourselves what was in the mind of the brain behind this or that plot?

When critics of any particular action of any leader point up an issue they have a duty to themselves and who they represent to "look around the mountain". By this mature approach understanding can be derived.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:56 PM

223 posts, read 604,508 times
Quote:
Quit trying to bait people into sounding "Un-Amerkun"

What he is saying is true... "They" did hit us on 9/11 because of our ACTIONS; "they" have said so many times...NO ONE said anything about us deserving to be hit.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
Quit trying to bait people into sounding "Un-Amerkun"

What he is saying is true... "They" did hit us on 9/11 because of our ACTIONS; "they" have said so many times...NO ONE said anything about us deserving to be hit.
I dont have to bait anyone into sounding un American, (why would you spell it like you did?) I have been trying to give him opportunities to NOT sound un American. when someone makes a statement like "The next terrorist attack will not make me hate terrorists even if I die in the event." and "Their actions are in response to our actions." That sounds at best neutral, like we and the terrorists are equal, and worst, like somehow it is our fault for getting hit! and in my book ,That is un American!

Old 10-05-2007, 01:28 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,350,249 times
Quote:
I dont have to bait anyone into sounding un American, (why would you spell it like you did?) I have been trying to give him opportunities to NOT sound un American. when someone makes a statement like "The next terrorist attack will not make me hate terrorists even if I die in the event." and "Their actions are in response to our actions." That sounds at best neutral, like we and the terrorists are equal and worst, like somehow it is our fault for getting hit! and in my book ,That is un American!

Don't forget that the Japanese hit us because of our actions. For that matter, so did the kid behind us in school when we took Suzy Creamcheese to the Halloween Dance.

Actions have consequences, there's no arguing with that.

But quibbling over who started the ruckus is pointless. It's not about who hits first.

It's about who hits last.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Don't forget that the Japanese hit us because of our actions. For that matter, so did the kid behind us in school when we took Suzy Creamcheese to the Halloween Dance.

Actions have consequences, there's no arguing with that.

But quibbling over who started the ruckus is pointless. It's not about who hits first.

It's about who hits last.
your absolutely right, however I think the real issue is there are those whom under no circumstances want see the terrorists as the bad guys, especially if it in any way lends to the idea that Bush may be the good guy!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:28 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,002,416 times
When it comes to international conflicts there typically are no "good guys."

Old 10-05-2007, 02:33 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,799,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
You mean in the Real world - not in the Fantasy world some live in where Osama is Dr. Doom, Saddam is the Green Goblin, Bush is Spidey and Condoleeza guest stars as Wonder Woman in the fourth episode.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,350,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Hitler = FDR?

What you smokin', dude?

Old 10-05-2007, 02:39 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,002,416 times
I said typically. And I never said anything about there being a lack of bad guys. We've been the "bad guy" (or one of them) in some conflicts ourselves, most of them dating back to the colonial days when the "enlightened countries" were all out competing to see who could build the biggest empire.

And the only thing I smoke is LIES. The lying green flower buds of the smelly, leafy tree of intoxicating untruth and relaxing fabrication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies