Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:59 PM

986 posts, read 2,513,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
People have calm demeanors, say thank you, and call people' sir and maam'. No loud, boisterous obnoxious people. If you want a demonstration in perfect manners be sure and head into your local gun shop. May the 2nd Amendment live as long as America does, for without the Second Amendment the First Amendment would not be possible.
I guess you haven't been in a gun store when Uncle Ted was caterwauling about how patriotic he is, or how "fun" it is to watch an animal die via .50 cal. ammunition.

Seriously, you may be generally right, but the politicization of guns is what annoys a lot of people, with the undertone that the U.S. "guv'mint" needs to be on high alert from so-called patriots who take our whole system for granted and spend their time whining about taxation (which moslty pays for essential services) and environmental regulations (that preserve the right to not die from pollution).

In other words, the problem with guns is not so much guns, but right-wing punks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 03:23 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,700,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Yea people are polite to a guy with loads of guns under his counter, what an amazing amazing shock and surprise
Uhhhhhh, the guns aren't under the counter. You just walk up to them displayed on racks and shelves and pick them up.

Then you fondle them and aim them to get the feel for the fit.

I have never seen an emotional or cocky person in a gun shop.

Sometimes at the range they get a little loud and show-offey.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:36 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,458,103 times
Default I've never seen disrespectful people in a firearm shop in my life.

Quote:
People have calm demeanors, say thank you, and call people' sir and maam'. No loud, boisterous obnoxious people. If you want a demonstration in perfect manners be sure and head into your local gun shop. May the 2nd Amendment live as long as America does, for without the Second Amendment the First Amendment would not be possible.
We don't go to the same gunshops, then.

One of the locals here is staffed by snotty, "we could care less" types who almost dare you to leave your money with them. So I haven't for quite a few years now. Another one is usually full of know-it-all loudmouths (customers, not staff) who want to pass out all types of free advice when it's clear they barely know which end of the barrel spits out the bullet.

It's no use trying to talk rationally to guys like that. They don't know how to respond when they're called on their bullstuff. I just take my business elswhere.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:40 PM

17,855 posts, read 13,780,422 times
Quote:
Good, sounds like I'd be safe wearing a "Re-elect Obama" shirt at a gun store, huh?

Old 07-22-2012, 06:55 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,482,545 times
Quote:
Everybody else is emotional, but it is you who mentions emotion in all your threads Mr. NoExcuseForEmotion.
To imply causality between manners and owning a gun is a subjective, emotionally-based stance.

Have you considered:

1) The numerous people who have manners and aren't gun owners?
2) The numerous people who own guns but have poor manners?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,856,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Hockey View Post
aHHHH! So that's what it's all about. Look at me! I have a bigger D**K!
Actually 5.56 caliber is pretty damn small as bullets go. What's REALLY scary are some of the minds who think owning a black gun will make them a bigger man instead of the douche with neutered military style toys that they really are.

I buy them because they are fun and fairly inexpensive to shoot. I also have a few years tutelage from "The Man" on how to use one so it's what I'm most familiar and comfortable with.

But you should hear me brag about my REAL MAN's gun... My flintlock muzzlelolader. I'm damn proud of my ability to make it go "boom" when I want it to and it takes a truly long man to accomplish that!

Anyway, grow up.

I'll tell you where I almost never see idiots with guns... At the range, where they actually being shot!

Last edited by Chango; 07-22-2012 at 08:38 AM..

Old 07-22-2012, 08:33 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,949,847 times
Usually the gunstore owner has a loaded Kimber .45 on his hip.... Hell yeah, I'm gonna be polite and well mannered...

Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,116,850 times
" I've never seen disrespectful people in a firearm shop in my life."

You are young, you still have time.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,949,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
" I've never seen disrespectful people in a firearm shop in my life."

You are young, you still have time.
I'm old and I didn't get this way being an a$$ to someone that is probably armed.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 AM

147 posts, read 135,453 times
ever notice when you go into a candy store how nice everyone is? I bet I could go into a candy store and not have people boiling over with rage or a gun drawn on me for wearing the said Obama shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
You know what I have noticed at gun ranges, gun shows, and gun stores? No thug type people or gang bangers. Because they do not buy guns legally. So if we banned the American citizen from owning guns who would have guns? Pretty simple isn't it. Most things in life are very simple if you take more than 2 seconds to think about it. Plus you need to get rid if your political ideology, because you wont be honest with yourself if you follow party lines.
OK so some other anecdotal chime ins saying you do not know what you are talking about. so who is right you or them.

And here is a fact over 2000 weapons a month cross into mexico illegally by people who buy them legally in the USA to be used to terrorize the people of Mexico. I am sure the store owner and the buyer were nice to one another. probably kissing one anothers ash. Mexico Unveils ‘No More Weapons!’ Sign Made Of Firearms Along US Border « CBS Houston

Quote:
Calderon said more than 140,000 weapons have been seized since December 2006, when he launched a crackdown against drug traffickers. More than 47,500 people have been killed since then.
again that is just the confiscated guns is 2000 a month. I bet there are many times that actually getting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Good, sounds like I'd be safe wearing a "Re-elect Obama" shirt at a gun store, huh?
funny...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies