Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 06:36 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,686,231 times

Advertisements

What does the pro-choice crowd think of this?

Quote:
" A woman is facing jail for aborting her baby herself in the final week of pregnancy.

Sarah Catt, 35, bought a drug over the internet and appeared in court yesterday charged with taking it with ‘intent to procure a miscarriage’.

She has pleaded guilty to the charge but refused to co-operate with police and detectives do not know what happened to the baby’s body."
Mother-of-two Sarah Catt terminated baby within week of due date using medication | Mail Online

(I am not 100% against abortion, just wondering)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 06:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,695,143 times
If the woman is dumb enough to think that's the definition of abortion, she's too dumb to be raising a baby.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Wait a minute..I thought a fetus didn't count until it could "breathe" on it's own ?

So really the government and laws determine exactly when "life" begins ?

Old 07-23-2012, 07:05 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,280,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
What does the pro-choice crowd think of this?
which shows you absolutely do not understand the pro-choice position.

very sad that she did this, but its obvious that there was more going on with her life, that would cause her to do this (mental issues? Abuse?). I do not approve of what she did, but we do not know the full circumstance of why, and she is not cooperating with police or providing an explanation or even telling anyone where her dead child is.

So before you start using this incident as an argument against abortion, think again. This case doesn't support your position of banning abortion.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wait a minute..I thought a fetus didn't count until it could "breathe" on it's own ?
When it can be viable outside of the mother's womb. Most law recognizes this as any time after the 22nd week.

Quote:
So really the government and laws determine exactly when "life" begins ?
Yes, and its backed up by science.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
which shows you absolutely do not understand the pro-choice position.

So before you start using this incident as an argument against abortion, think again. This case doesn't support your position of banning abortion
I have NEVER advocated for a ban on abortion.

And I started this thread because I wanted to know the opinion of the pro-choice crowd who says it's the woman's body PERIOD. They are all over this forum. I want to know what they think of this incident.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I have NEVER advocated for a ban on abortion.
funny way of showing it

Quote:
And I started this thread because I wanted to know the opinion of the pro-choice crowd who says it's the woman's body PERIOD. They are all over this forum. I want to know what they think of this incident.
again, this shows you have no understanding of the pro-choice position and this statement above proves it.

Many of us support abortion as choice for a mother, up until the law has legally says it can be performed. The law and science has consistently stated that any time after 22 weeks, a fetus can be determined to be viable. that means the woman has no choice, and the only reason an abortion can be performed would be that the fetus is a danger to the woman's life or has already died within the mother's womb (for example umbilical cord chokes the fetus to death - this happened to my Great Aunt)

Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
funny way of showing it

again, this shows you have no understanding of the pro-choice position and this statement above proves it.

Many of us support abortion as choice for a mother, up until the law has legally says it can be performed. The law and science has consistently stated that any time after 22 weeks, a fetus can be determined to be viable. that means the woman has no choice, and the only reason an abortion can be performed would be that the fetus is a danger to the woman's life or has already died within the mother's womb (for example umbilical cord chokes the fetus to death - this happened to my Great Aunt)
If the glove doesn't fit, while do you keep saying "many of us...".

This post obviously wasn't directed towards you as I stated in the post you quoted.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
funny way of showing it

The government doesn't use that 22 week rule in the case of murder of a pregnant woman or if a pregnant women goes for a social welfare program.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
If the glove doesn't fit, while do you keep saying "many of us...".
Which proves again you do know or understand the position of those who believe in pro-choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies