Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Once again you never read the original article that was posted. It says it was private property and they had permission to be there.
No it does not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
We aren't going to get an "unbiased" source on this. The cops are lying to cover their butts after they stormed onto a someone's private property for no reason and then tried to murder a kid for drinking beer underage and he has 30 witnesses who saw what really happen,so we have the cops report that has been changed multiple times and we have the report from witnesses and the kid and his mother and lawyer.
Sorry, this is a fail.

He wasn't shot because he was underage and drinking beer. THAT would be a massive violation of his rights and an illegal action by the cop. But it's pretty clear that's not what happened. (Though I couldn't tell that from your link.)

Abuse of authority under color of law is a real problem and should be exposed and investigated. Having discussions about it are important. But posting a misleading headline with a questionable source is NOT going to achieve anything. I think you would have served your argument much better (not that you have one with this particular incident) had you posted a less inflammatory headline and posted a link to a more legitimate, non-biased news source.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-24-2012 at 12:22 PM..

Old 07-24-2012, 12:18 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No it does not.
lol. Maybe the OP can change their user name to "Facts Schmacts".

P.S. New more honest thread title...."Police force young child to drink beer, shoot him 5 times for spilling it."

Hmmm....I might have a future writing for Alex Jones.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:19 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
ancap doesnt like the police.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
ancap doesnt like the police.
You think? I mean it was so subtle...

Old 07-24-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Once again you never read the original article that was posted. It says it was private property and they had permission to be there.
Some young folks, many between the ages of 17-19, had gone out into the desert. There was a bonfire and some drinking taking place on private grounds which used to be an old denim factory/warehouse. Aaron and his friends had planned to do a little drinking, then camp there for the night. At one point,

Where, exactly does it say that?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:27 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,455 times
Says right there private grounds. I just got done looking at El Paso's newspaper. The cops really should be out stopping drug smugglers and gang members instead of shooting teenagers out drinking and camping.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Says right there private grounds. I just got done looking at El Paso's newspaper. The cops really should be out stopping drug smugglers and gang members instead of shooting teenagers out drinking and camping.
Where EXACTLY does it say they had permission to be there? Think hard, now.

And ADW isn't drinking and camping.

You don't like cops (Which I assume you don't) fine and dandy, don't call them when you need help. Easy peasy.

When you have such an obviously misleading and biased source, then compound the problem by reading into it something that isn't there, don't be surprised when you get called on it.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:40 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,455 times
You call your source credible? Seems to me they are taking exactly what the cops said and reprinting it. Despite the fact the cops have told multiple different versions of the same story.They are lying and are trying to come up with something that fits the evidence.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You call your source credible? Seems to me they are taking exactly what the cops said and reprinting it. Despite the fact the cops have told multiple different versions of the same story.They are lying and are trying to come up with something that fits the evidence.
Not hardly. I looked at several sources, both TV and newspaper. Theire stories varied slightly, but were consistent on one point, the kid hit a police officer, who opened fire.

They didn't have permission to be on that private property, they were underage and drinking, which is illegal, and, to repeat, the kid hit at least one (if not 2) police officers.

You don't like cops, I get it, but your story is laughable.

You never mentioned exactly where it says the kids had permission to be there, I mean, other than your assumption based on something that was never said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies