Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
wrong thread title. It should read:

Senate wrecklessly raises taxes in down economic cycle.
Actually, it should read;

Senate Democrats produce empty show, passing useless tax legislation. Everyone knows all tax bills must originate in the House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 11:46 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post

Senate Democrats produce empty show, passing useless tax legislation. Everyone knows all tax bills must originate in the House.
That is what I thought, that all tax registration must start in the House Committee of Ways and Means. This means it was a political show to get the vote and to blame the Republicans.

I hope everyone enjoyed watching Government Theater and how Biden was there to save the day for middle class Americans if it should be a tie. I wonder how much that show cost the tax payers.

Last edited by eRayP; 07-26-2012 at 12:49 PM..

Old 07-26-2012, 11:50 AM

The U.S. Constitution requires that all bills regarding taxation must originate in the House of Representatives.
United States House Committee on Ways and Means - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Constitution of the United States, Section. 7 Clause 1

It was just the Government Show

Old 07-26-2012, 11:52 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
I think the House should consider the bill, amend it to continue all the tax cuts, and pass it as amended.

Then it goes to a conference committee to reconcile the differences...puts the ball back in the Democrat court.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post

LOL! Great point!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
It was done to bolster Obama's campaign. Now he has something to talk about.
If the Repubs are smart then they'll just pull a "Harry Reid" and table it until after the elections.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:59 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
That is what I thought, that all tax registration must start in the House Committee of Ways and Means.

It was a political show for the Democratic vote. I hope everyone enjoyed watching Government Theater and how Biden was there to save the day for middle class Americans if it should be a tie. I wonder how much that show cost the tax payers.
The sad part is how many will fall for it. Public education has dumbed Americans down for a reason... To earn more votes for Dems (NEA, anyone?) by political posturing and pulling stunts that are blatantly unConstitutional.

Look at how many Dems fell for it in this thread.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP
That is what I thought, that all tax registration must start in the House Committee of Ways and Means.

It was a political show for the Democratic vote. I hope everyone enjoyed watching Government Theater and how Biden was there to save the day for middle class Americans if it should be a tie. I wonder how much that show cost the tax payers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The sad part is how many will fall for it. Public education has dumbed Americans down for a reason... To earn more votes for Dems (NEA, anyone?) by political posturing and pulling stunts that are blatantly unConstitutional.

Look at how many Dems fell for it in this thread.
Democrats know doing this is unconstitutional. Your right and unfortunately people will believe the drama. This is all portraying the Republicans as "evil". Its all about getting elected.

How does it feel to have the Obama and the Democrats play with your life to get re-elected?

Last edited by eRayP; 07-26-2012 at 12:51 PM..

Old 07-26-2012, 12:23 PM

The legislation, almost certain to be rejected by the Republican-controlled House of Representatives. Putting this stage show on lets Democrats claim in advance of the November 6 elections that they passed tax cuts for most Americans, was stymied by Republicans, "evil" Republicans. They will be told that Republicans don't care about the middle class.

This was a stage show
It is unconstitutional

Republicans know that if passed the result will be a loss of about 800 million more jobs.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:29 PM

President Obama has never explicitly stated that taxing the rich will bring in much revenue. Instead, the president gave voters the impression that the Republicans refusal to "tax the rich" is the main cause of the deficit and the obstacle to solving the fiscal crisis. When in fact his spending is the cause of the deficit.

There are simply not enough rich to pay down debt and to fund the president´s preferred level of spending. For all the attention it has received, President Obama’s “taxing the rich” policy can best be described as symbolic in nature. Although it will hurt all Americans, they continue pushing for it. It is symbolic to get your vote.

Last edited by eRayP; 07-26-2012 at 12:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies