Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:53 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is my point. Why do you are what they believe?

It goes beyond CARING merely about what someone "believes."

These religious nutjobs don't merely "believe".... they MOBILIZE. They ATTACK. They enact legislation to restrict the rights and lives of others BASED ON THEIR BELIEFS.

A few years ago there was an uproar because Muslim Somali taxi drivers refused to transport passengers carrying alochol packages. Imagine if enough Muslims got to gether to outlaw alcohol for everyone, even those whose religion DOESN'T prohibit it? 99% of people would be pissed and INTOLERANT of the belief that alcohol is bad. Don't like alcohol, don't drink it. But don't spoil everyone else's happy hour.

Someone who expresses an unpopular opinion is harmless if that's all they do. This schizophrenic lady who lived next to my grandfather when I was a kid used to shout randomly out her back door about how she hated the Polish, the Jews and several other ethnicities.

She was harmless because her "opinions" were just that. If she and a bunch of whackjobs like her got together and started passing legislation against Polish people or Jews (or worked AGAINST movements for equal rights).... then their silly beliefs are dangerous, bigoted, and become someone ELSE's problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM

667 posts, read 516,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Why should gays and lesbians tolerate the malicious rantings of ignorant brainwashed people who constantly vilify them them with religious-based propaganda based on lies and misinformation?

There are plenty of gays and lesbians who are religious.

There are plenty of religious people who have no issue with gays and lesbians.

It's only the so-called 'religious' people who try to hide their hate and prejudice in a cowardly, passive aggressive, hypocritical fashion behind a facade of 'religious beliefs' that gay and lesbian people take issue with.

Go in Pieces.
If you could only talk without key words from your brain washing.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:02 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
As you state below: You are a king in your own mind, only. You are actually nothing. You are no better than anyone else. You are a bag of meat on a speck of rock in a very lonely Universe.

You and every other redneck, hillbilly, ghetto tramp, sewer rat, and pond scum are capable of "breeding"... but news flash: being gay does not mean one does not or cannot breed. Perhaps if you spent a little less time in creative writing class (or huffing glue, or whatever else explains or causes your bizarre diatribes on this subject), and a bit more time in "human sexuality" class, you would be more informed.

Remember, Oleg: Sometimes those who fancy themselves knights in shining armor are really just douchebags wrapped in tin foil.
There- is the reaction. full of frustration- hater and a need to kill anyone who they see as non-compliant to their agenda..I do not wish harm on anyone- apparently you are ready to execute "pond scum" - oh I never took a "creative writing class- I actually dropped out of school in grade 9 - and do not have the classic liberal education...all I said was a man that puts his penis in the anus of another man is not my equal and never will be- I have the right to think that...as for being informed...or learning about "human sexuality" - no thanks- I learn through observation....I am not programmed...and yes- I hold myself on high like a king- an no one is going to drag me off my throne...sorry...I am here to stay.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:03 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,323 times
Sometimes those who fancy themselves knights in shining armor are really just douchebags wrapped in tin foil.

Line of the day

Old 08-13-2012, 03:06 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
The progressives keep pushing gays and abortion as wedge issues to deflect the masses while they loot the coffers.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
and yes- I hold myself on high like a king- an no one is going to drag me off my throne...sorry...I am here to stay.
Ever read The Emperor's New Clothes?

Old 08-13-2012, 03:10 PM

A bit of advice- all the anger management and conditioning does not seem to have worked for some- Try curbing the emotions and get that rage under control- You will never achieve anything screaming like a little girl and flaring your arms about...I believe that all are entitled to life and security- the weak deserve protection- and they have it in America..what more do you want? To rule? Be happy with the level of tolerance granted- other nations are not so kind...There is more to the world than liberal America...Be content with what you have achieved- and remember it is the real Christians that protect you...Gays are not strong in general...The only problem I do have - If they in time do become dominant...They will not show the same tolerance and mercy I have shown them- They will destroy me....so I am literally protecting my own ass and the well being for future generations....That is not an evil thing.... Go do what you want...just mind your own business.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It goes beyond CARING merely about what someone "believes."

These religious nutjobs don't merely "believe".... they MOBILIZE. They ATTACK. They enact legislation to restrict the rights and lives of others BASED ON THEIR BELIEFS.
That isn't what you said. What you did was paint everyone with a broad brush.

Quote:
A Christian is necessarily a bigot because he/she necessarily believes that they have found the true path to salvation and that everyone else is wrong.

Same is true of all religions.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:11 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Could you provide a citation or link?
Oh sure .. I SAW is supposed to have a link.

.. the fact that you didn't ask for a cite with regard to the other is telling.

Both groups are guilty of all of the same things they accuse each other of. And then, to top it off, both groups come in to places like CD and squabble like children about it all.

In my book, there is no difference between either of you, be it Gay, or Religious .. you're all about the same on the societal level.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ever read The Emperor's New Clothes?
Yah _ I was the kid who blurted out that the king was nude..remember- The court jester is a protected member and is actually the real king...so - You don't wanna be a king...? Go ahead- try it...nothing wrong with having dignity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies