Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 04:41 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,251,664 times

Advertisements

Do you let your views be known or do you try to conceal/hide from the subject as much as possible?

How do you feel about someone getting hurt financially because they stated their opinion on the matter?

I'm reading bout the Chick-Fil-A president and i'm noticing the attacks against him for establishing his views, is that fair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 04:53 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,378 times
Although I have preferred to avoid the topic in the past, I think that it is the moment to begin speaking up. It is easy to see that a lot of religious freedoms are at stake because of gay issues.

Examples: it is already illegal to discriminate against sexual orientation in Civil Service and about half the states. It is easy to conceive the requirement for religious organizations to comply. Another: hate speech laws. Everyone can see the groundwork being laid for legal charges to be filed against those expressing their religious views opposing homosexuality.

It is soon going to be mandatory for the religious to tolerate the gay and unnecessary for the gay to tolerate the religious.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:56 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
I don't support religious brainwashing and bigotry for homosexuality/lesbianism reasons.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:02 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I don't support religious brainwashing and bigotry for homosexuality/lesbianism reasons.
See, the dogma of GLBT brainwashed against religious tolerance.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Do you let your views be known or do you try to conceal/hide from the subject as much as possible?

How do you feel about someone getting hurt financially because they stated their opinion on the matter?

I'm reading bout the Chick-Fil-A president and i'm noticing the attacks against him for establishing his views, is that fair?
I don't care if he has his views. It makes me sad to see he's donated millions of dollars to a cause that hurts people.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:20 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:

Gay rights is one of two issues on this forum that I choose never to discuss. I have no problem with gay rights, but it's just too controversial and you end up talking in circles. I have better things to do.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:23 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
See, the dogma of GLBT brainwashed against religious tolerance.
Why should gays and lesbians tolerate the malicious rantings of ignorant brainwashed people who constantly vilify them them with religious-based propaganda based on lies and misinformation?

There are plenty of gays and lesbians who are religious.

There are plenty of religious people who have no issue with gays and lesbians.

It's only the so-called 'religious' people who try to hide their hate and prejudice in a cowardly, passive aggressive, hypocritical fashion behind a facade of 'religious beliefs' that gay and lesbian people take issue with.

Go in Pieces.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:26 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,887 times
Quote:

We are all entitled to our views, but in linking them to the business, his aim must have been to limit the amount of customers he has by alienating people who believe in equal rights, gays, etc. I appreciate him informing me that his business is one to be avoided. Same with WalMart and other far-right-wing companies; I'm happy to support unionized grocery stores, and Costco, etc.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:02 PM

31,076 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Ive always wondered when this issue would come to a head. 'Religous views and rights conflicting with acceptance of Homosexuality in society'. Considering the huge amount of Christians, Muslims and other mainstream religians who are opposed to Homosexuality in their Holy books I don't see the issue going away any time soon.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:16 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
I honestly believe that most people who use religion to shield why they don't support LGBT, are just homophobes. They just don't want to see two dudes or two woman get married because they believe its disgusting so they use religion as a shield not to support it. But with that being said, some people who truly follow religion and don't support LGBT for true religious reasons can get my respect. I don't expect everyone to support the LGBT, that's unrealistic; but if you don't want to support it, show the true reason why not.

I visited chick-Fil-a maybe two days ago and ate there although I support the LGBT. I don't see the big deal in it, we all have the right to believe in what we believe, so if they don't believe in gay marriage then so be it. People must remember its a true Christian company so of course they won't support gay marriage, and they honestly probably made even more profits for announcing it. So give chick-fil-a a break, it's a great company that someday I plan on franchising although I may not support everything they support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies