Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:53 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Nope - the day that teenage sex becomes "normal" is the day that our society has completed its moral collapse.
It was normal up until about 100 years ago. Most of your ancestors were probably teenage parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 03:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Nope - the day that teenage sex becomes "normal" is the day that our society has completed its moral collapse.
Your total and complete lack of knowledge of history won't change a thing...teenagers have been having sex since the first people were teenagers.... so "moral collapse" must've started right at the beginning.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
As usual you can't comprehend the written word...and that word is "should" or ("shouldn't").

Let's see, if I use littler words would that help?

I think I SHOULD win the lottery.

Does that mean I will?

The world "shouldn't" have wars.....does that mean peace forever?

See, sitting around pompously pontificating on how others SHOULD or SHOULDN'T live their lives does NOT change anything.
You are not comprehending a very simple concept - that of cause and effect. If a man and a woman engage in sexual activity - they may produce a child - and if they do, they are responsible for that child.

Leukemia doesn't have such a cause and effect relationship associated with it. It is tragic - and we can all agree that it would be great is people didn't get leukemia(your they"shoudn't get leukemia" argument) - but you are just engaging in semantics and ignoring that leukemia and conception are not comparable

Conception is not a disease - and conception can be prevented.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Your total and complete lack of knowledge of history won't change a thing...teenagers have been having sex since the first people were teenagers.... so "moral collapse" must've started right at the beginning.
I understand history very well, thank you very much.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:01 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
You are not comprehending a very simple concept - that of cause and effect. If a man and a woman engage in sexual activity - they may produce a child - and if they do, they are responsible for that child.

Leukemia doesn't have such a cause and effect relationship associated with it. It is tragic - and we can all agree that it would be great is people didn't get leukemia(your they"shoudn't get leukemia" argument) - but you are just engaging in semantics and ignoring that leukemia and conception are not comparable

Conception is not a disease - and conception can be prevented.
For all you know, the pregnancy was planned. That would not necessarily be uncommon in rural DR.

But that's moot. The point is, she was denied treatment due to her pregnancy. While she has now begun chemo, the damage to her prognosis is done.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It was normal up until about 100 years ago. Most of your ancestors were probably teenage parents.
So because some people engaged in bad practices in the past somehow makes it right?

How about slavery? That was legal in the United States about 150 years ago - are you advocating that we were return to that because it was once considered to be normal?

Old 07-27-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I understand history very well, thank you very much.
No, you don't. You think human nature will change when , since the beginning of humans, it hasn't.

IF you knew history , you'd know that......teen sex just didn't start last week, people having unprotected sex din't start in the 1960's....it has ALWAYS happened leading a SANE person to deduce that it always will.

Whoever or whatever created humans created a flawed product...that won't change.

Bankers ansd Wall Streeters SHOULD be honest...Do you think they will become honest because I think they SHOULD?

Do you think men will quit raping women and children because they SHOULD?

Do you think I SHOULD win the lottery because I think I should?

Your contention is ridiculous.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
So because some people engaged in bad practices in the past somehow makes it right?

How about slavery? That was legal in the United States about 150 years ago - are you advocating that we were return to that because it was once considered to be normal?
Oh the old trite and quite stupid "slavery " card being played..

Slavery was wrong....abortion isn't.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
I love seeing the anti choicers being "prolife" for this 16 year old.

Wishing her the best.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Oh the old trite and quite stupid "slavery " card being played..

Slavery was wrong....abortion isn't.
Yes - abortion is wrong.

Abortion involves wantonly ending a human life because shouldering the responsibility for that life doesn't fit in with the plans of the irresponsible people who created that life.

You support murder - plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies