Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Democrates think a blown motor is the act of having sex with your motor.....

The old Democrate thought a Saturdaynight Special was a cheap shoddy gun on the market, and had no idea there was no company called Saturday Night. Now they think it's a date. And they probably think you dropped your clip on a date.

They have no ability what so ever to discuss anything about any form of fire arm and have not for more than 50 years.

Personally I think it is because all the numbers are too big. They don't do well as a group with moving parts either. pretty much it's finger painting, and whining for them as I see it and i am dammned sick of seeing and hearing it any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 07:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I am trying to decide where I stand on the policy.

So far no one has actually listed a legal and necessary reason you NEED a clip with more than 10 rounds...

Insulting me doesn't exactly win me over and cause me to support your cause.

If I know there is a legal, reasonable use for a clip with over 10 rounds, you may have my support. If not, then you likely won't. I'm not convinced by arguments that say "it's simply my right" so, I continue to wait. I think people should be able to own firearms, and I think reasonable precautions should be taken to keep them out of the hand of criminals and the mentally ill. You should be able to hunt. You should be able to defend yourself against home invaders or a mugger on the street. You shouldn't be able to take out 65 people at a movie theater... It seems so reasonable to me...

I guess, its called being thoughtful... You should try it.
Making them illegal will not stop those intent on killing from killing people. Pot is illegal. How hard is it to get? I have no idea how many 10 plus clips there are out there. Thousands? Millions?

Make them illegal but they are still going to be out there by the thousands/millions.

It seems that many people simply can't accept that people are the problem.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
I think many missed the very important part of that link. The fact that these crooked bastards already has this bill up but knew it wouldn't stand on it's own. They knew the majority of the American people do not support more gun control laws so instead of letting this stand on it's own and voting on it they slip it in as an amendment on a separate bill.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Very true, but beside the point. If you tell me you dropped your clip or blew your motor, I'll know what you mean and wouldn't bother to correct you. But if you want to argue for legislation limiting engine displacement or magazine capacity, you should be knowledgable about the topic at hand at least to the point where you use the right terminology. Knowledgable people on any topic tend to like to use the right terms, and using the wrong term is often evidence of lack of knowledge.
True especially among others like themselves. When I am with a novice I tend to go with the flow. Personally I don't see the big deal. In fact I know hunters who call a magazine a clip because they are used to rifles that don't use a detachable magazine. The movies and media have mislabled for so long many people feel the two are interchangable.
By the way. LOL You can't beat a Dillon for reloading for the Semi auto's. LOL Want to steal the feds thunder reload.
Peace.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:05 PM

40 posts, read 41,699 times
That figures, but oh well. "Cyber security" is another piece of authoritarian garbage too.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:00 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You seriously didn't expect them to let an opportunity slip past did you. With this piece of tripe they can "appear" to be addressing firearm control while simply blowing smoke up everyone's butt.

Chuck Schumer ~ "reasonable" gun control measures. What nonsense; there are a plethora of laws governing the ownership and usage of firearms and simply policing the existing ones would do the job.

Magazine changeout takes what; a full 3 seconds? slide stays back ~ time to change the mag, press mag release, let mag drop to floor with rifle held by one hand while you grab another mag from one of the vest pouches, ram mag home and press slide release ~ pull trigger!

These idiots can't figure out that the only reason this guy dropped his rifle and went to the pistol was because those mega-clips are nortoriously unreliable and prone to jamming WHICH HAPPENED. Had he had a pack full of the standard 20/30 round clips he'd perhaps done even more damage.
Or a 10 round magazine.... It really makes no difference. It's an exercise in futility...It's the liberal way...

Old 07-28-2012, 04:12 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Just wondering... When does anyone require more then a 10 round clip for a legal and necessary use of firearms?
Hopefully never but one never does know what could happen in a self defense scenario.

BTW: They're called magazines. It's obvious when people call them clips that they know absolutely nothing about guns.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:28 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y
surprised she signed on. Dosnt she represent a predominantly right district?

Old 07-28-2012, 05:55 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I have to assume that Republicans believe that gun massacres are just part of American culture, and should be accepted as normal.

We covered this before.

The reason why shootings become massacres is others are unarmed and cannot shoot back.

Limiting the size of magazines to ten rounds will not stop mass killings since disturbed individuals will simply switch to large explosives or even fabricate their own high capacity magazines.

Keep in mind the individual who perpetrated this act was highly intelligent, determined and resourceful.

A law which prevented him from buying large capacity magazines would have done nothing to stop him.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:34 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I think many missed the very important part of that link. The fact that these crooked bastards already has this bill up but knew it wouldn't stand on it's own. They knew the majority of the American people do not support more gun control laws so instead of letting this stand on it's own and voting on it they slip it in as an amendment on a separate bill.
Good point since these threads slip into chaos so quickly.

Crooked law by crooked politians for crooked politians, has a nice ring to it eh....

The left never 'gets it', and think criminals obey the law.... What non-sence.

If the left bans any gun or bans any mags, or bans anything I like and do, I will just be a criminal.. So what, that is the whole point of the left, to make anyone not like them criminals so they can controll.

It's all about greed, power and controll....... the basic nutshell of the democrate mind.

it's too bad more in depth study isn't made of thes wacko loon shooters, and my guess is we would find most are pampered children with Democrates for parents.

Hell! I know if i were raised like they do their children; I in fact would want to go on a mass murder spree too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies