Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Not at all. I have a problem with the hypocrisy of calling out Romney and his support base, while ignoring Obama. It's the pot calling the kettle black.
I wasn't calling out the fact that Romney has supporters. That wasn't the issue.

Quote:
I agree that his star power helped the movies to be a success, but the producers and the investors were the job creators, not Clooney.
Clooney is also a producer. I'm waiting for him to get his a$$ in gear to make Jennifer Government into a movie as he and Soderbergh optioned the rights.

Quote:
Supporting local business is always a preferable thing to do.
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 02:15 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
OKay firstly, the $2000 is the fine for a year. Secondly, she matches each employee $90+90=$180 per employee, per month or $2080 per year.

Also:
In 2011, her business income was $36,627.

Then Nichols paid $3,875, or 10.59 percent, for federal income tax. Another $14,048, or 38.35 percent of her income, went to state franchise tax; and $14,122, or 38.56 percent, was paid to the county for property taxes.

That comes to a total of $32,045, or 87.49 percent of her income, she had to pay on the "Big Three" taxes (federal income, state franchise tax, property tax) alone, she said. After those taxes were paid, she was left with $4,582 income

See how those wealthy business people don't pay enough. Bankrupting my own business and laying off 6 employees was the best thing I ever did. I couldn't compete with the illegal crews anymore. Now I'm lower middle class with little cash flow, and happier for it.
If the federal government is charging her 10%, while the State of Texas and counties in Texas are charging her almost 80%, shouldn't she take the issue up with Texas and it's county???

Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Don't tell this to the lefttard nitwits on this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...insurance.html

Old 07-30-2012, 02:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
If the federal government is charging her 10%, while the State of Texas and counties in Texas are charging her almost 80%, shouldn't she take the issue up with Texas and it's county???
There's something hokey with that story.

Texas franchise tax is .25 percent on assets (note that is .25 and not 25 percent) and 4.5% on earned surplus.
Have no clue how she ends up paying 80%.

The Texas Franchise Tax on Corporations (TX 96-114)

Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Texas franchise tax is .25 percent on assets (note that is .25 and not 25 percent) and 4.5% on earned surplus.

Take that up with the OP, it's his link

Old 07-30-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Don't tell this to the lefttard nitwits on this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...insurance.html
Thanks for informing us that this is a duplicate thread, time to merge

Old 07-30-2012, 02:32 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
If her income, BEFORE TAXES, is only $36,000 with three stores, why in the world is she opening another store? This doesn't sound like a very successful operation to me. The average Papa John's store does $725,000 a year. The average cash flow from that is $105,000. That is per store. This woman's just not running her business very well.
WHy is she blaming Obama for her failures? And since over 70% of her taxes are to the State of Texas, shouldn't she be moaning about them instead?

These numbers just don't compute.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I think that poor woman is confused. So long as she continues the coverage she has now, there will be no penalty assessed, provided that the coverage meets minimum standards.
Quote:
That women didn't specify why she'd have to pay the fine since she already offers insurance.
That story doesn't add up.

In essence she said she could continue paying the $90/month or pay the fine of $2000/month for each employee.
Well duh..that's a no brainer..pay the $90/month and keep the employee insured.
Quote:
OKay firstly, the $2000 is the fine for a year. Secondly, she matches each employee $90+90=$180 per employee, per month or $2080 per year.

Also:
In 2011, her business income was $36,627.

Then Nichols paid $3,875, or 10.59 percent, for federal income tax. Another $14,048, or 38.35 percent of her income, went to state franchise tax; and $14,122, or 38.56 percent, was paid to the county for property taxes.

That comes to a total of $32,045, or 87.49 percent of her income, she had to pay on the "Big Three" taxes (federal income, state franchise tax, property tax) alone, she said. After those taxes were paid, she was left with $4,582 income

See how those wealthy business people don't pay enough. Bankrupting my own business and laying off 6 employees was the best thing I ever did. I couldn't compete with the illegal crews anymore. Now I'm lower middle class with little cash flow, and happier for it.
you beat me to it.

Quote:
My bad..you're right, it's $2K per year.
She pays $90/month and the employee pays $90/month. She doesn't pay the full insurance.

And yeah..all those other taxes you never hear about..unbelievable what franchise folks have to pay to run one store.
Quote:

i can see where she may be paying a huge tax. the franchise tax is not based on income but rather net assets and capital stock.

Quote:
Corporations pay the greater of the tax on net taxable capital or net taxable earned surplus.
Taxable Capital
Taxable capital is a corporation's stated capital (capital stock) plus surplus. Surplus means the net assets of a corporation minus its stated capital. For a limited liability company, surplus means the net assets of the company minus its members' contributions. For more details on surplus, see Rule 3.551. Taxable capital is apportioned using a single gross receipts factor.
The tax rate on taxable capital is 0.25 percent per year of privilege period. For an explanation of “privilege period,” see Tax Code Sec. 171.151.
and remember that she has three stores. and then there is the tax on the earned surplus;

Quote:
Earned Surplus
Earned surplus basically includes the corporation's federal net taxable income, plus compensation paid to officers and directors of the corporation. S corporations and corporations with fewer than 36 shareholders are generally exempt from the compensation add-back. For the earned surplus calculation, unitary income is apportioned using a single gross receipts factor. Non-unitary income (with the exception of dividends and interest) is allocated to Texas if Texas is the corporation's commercial domicile. For more information on the allocation of non-unitary income, see Rule 3.576.
Note: Dividends and interest are apportioned to the legal domicile of the payor.
The tax rate on earned surplus is 4.5 percent. For more information on the computation of earned surplus, see Rule 3.555.
so it is very possible that those taxes can add up to 80% of her net income.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:48 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Tell her to sell it all and send the money to mitt.....nobody needs nasty pizza. That need will be filled I'm sure. In the mean time her welfare receiving employees may stand a chance at some happiness. Believe me they hate her 8 dollar an hour paying azz.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:58 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Yet thousands of people differ with you and like there pizza
and that is why Papa John's stays in business.
Thousands of fat people eating Papa John's pizza using up all the health insurance, putting us all in fat, grave danger! There really is much much better pizza out there than this slop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies